Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      Summer event 2017 has started. Check out the patch thread for more information and discussion.
Bookmark Thread
Page 218 of 219 FirstFirst ... 118168208216217218219 LastLast
Results 2,171 to 2,180 of 2182
    Server
    Paramushir Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1175 Post(s)
    Started trying out Electronic Observer as an alternative for KCV. Overall, I still like KCV more. Just like the layout, GUI, presentation style, etc. more. That being said, you can customize EO somewhat more, it gives more info, and has some features such as AA defense calc. & LBAS screen along with better logging. Frankly, my ideal would be some combination of the two (mostly adding EO features/info/logging to KCV), but I imagine that would be quite time intensive & perhaps difficult to do (not a programmer so don't know). At this point, I'll probably stick with KCV as my primary way to play KC, but EO can work well enough for me if KCV's run is indeed over (hopefully EO & EO Eng TL will continue as well. Just not a fan of KC3Kai & Chrome).

Requesting three things. First, an English translation for the numbered items in the screen shots. Appreciate it. Second, listed some comments/question regarding EO if anyone can help me with those. Third, while I could start an Electronic Observer thread in the mod section (and IMO there should be one as people use it), I think the forum would be better served if someone who uses it routinely, is quite familiar with it (including how to customize things, add groups, etc.) and perhaps even some Eng. TL started it. Frankly, I have more questions about EO, but this isn't exactly the best place to put them.

KCV Battle Info Screen

Comments:
    1a & 1b) Some sort of AA shot down counter, but not sure the difference between the two figures. I guess 1a is all planes, and 1b is just bombers?
    2) No big deal, but curious what this is.

Electronic Observer Default Groups

Comments:
    3) Ships needing repair? This doesn't seem to work for me. I tested with a ship in repair at the dock and two ships at taiha & got nothing listed. Checked with the all ships/all listing (#1), and repair time along with fuel/steel costs show up so IDK what's the deal here.
    4) Resupply. Didn't include a screenshot, but I guess "Aircraft" = bauxite needed for each slot? Haven't played around with this much.
    5) If this is supposed to be list of ships left to modernize, it's missing some for me.
    8 & 9) OK, so CV(L) & SS(V) lists, but no separate lists for (F)BB(V), CA(V), "Other", etc. in the default setup? Why just these two instead of all ship classes like KCV?
    11) No idea and the table is screwed up for me. It's squashed to a small cube in the upper left corner. See Spoiler
    [+] Spoiler

12) If it helps, Libeccio and only Libeccio shows up here because... no idea.

Electronic Observer Custom Group Menu Headings

Comments:
    1 & 2) Clearly check the box for that item to be included, but what's the difference between this and #2?
    3) Some sort of width or amount of characters? I have no idea how to use this, what value I should put in, or just leave as default.

Perhaps something better saved for a designated EO thread, but a big problem I have is creating new custom groups. The sorting and info display I can figure out (once above is understood), but I have ZERO idea how to create the groups (e.g. how to make ship class groups like KCV for (F)BB(V), CA(V), Aviation Ships, Other, etc.). Filter settings is not translated and not intuitive (for me at least). :/

- - - Updated - - -
    @Ferreae: Is there a way to change the "MVP" output for the battle info? Doubt I can get it to KCV style which I greatly prefer (name is highlighted in yellow/gold), but how about keeping black text with a light yellow highlight? IMO that would be much easier to read and a lot less garish to look at. Actually keeping the black text still might be more readable IMO. Again, have more questions, but I'll leave it at that in case a designated Electronic Observer thread is created.

Thanks to Arkayda for the signature.

IGN
    Ferreae
    Server
    鹿屋基地
    Rep
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    @goesto11

Otaaay.....

1a- 空対空 Air-versus-Air would be planes shot down by fighters
    1b- 空対麿 Air-versus-'you' would be the planes shot down by AA guns after the aerial battle

2- 通常 一夜戦 Normal - Night battle

Now for the EO stuff...

全所寓艦 - All your ships
    遠征艦隊 - Expedition Fleet - All the cruisers/destroyers that have high morale
    入渠待ち - Waiting to dock - Ships needing repairs
    未補給 - Not Supplied - Ships needing ammo/fuel
    未改修艦 - Not Modified - Ships that can be modernised.
    非ロック艦 - Unlocked Ship - Ships you need to heartlock
    主力艦隊 - Mainfleet - Ships that are heartlocked and remodelled at least once
    機動部隊 - Kido butai - Kaga. Err, I mean, Tactical Force..your carriers
    潜水艦隊 - Submarines
    第一艦隊 - First Fleet - Who is in Fleet #1
    ホロ艦載機 - Holo Rarity Airplanes - As it's a manual 'or or or' list, it probably is out of date
    日独伊三国褐色同盟 - Axis Ships - Totally out of date list

---

As for your headings in custom field...

1 - 表示 is if you want to display it or not.
    2 - 目動サイズ is to have the size be what is there to be viewed...that is, the field will be as wide as the widest entry. Dynamic resize.
    3 - 幅 is how wide to you want to have the field if #2 isn't checked off. Pixels is the measurement.

----

Finally (no, not exasperated or bothered, just finally final :P ).... you can change the mvp thing. poi.
    The other page was explaining how to get a black layout instead of a bright 'my eyes bleed' white layout. Can't do this in original easily, but the two english branches it should be.

Just go into /settings/ and edit the json file you are using: ColorScheme.json

I believe this is what you want to change:
    Code:
    // View - Battle
        "battle": {
          "barBossDamaged": "#FFE4E1", // [orange]      Boss damaged state
          "barMVP":         "#FFE4B5", // [blue]        MVP
          "barEscaped":     "#C0C0C0"  // [background2] Retreated
        }
      }
    }]
    Change that barMVP value to effect the background field for MVP in the Battle window. FFE4B5 is what mine is from using the dark.json as a base. It's a cream colour that works fine. You can use something like http://www.color-hex.com/color/ to figure what hex value for the colour you want, or whatever paint program you prefer. This should change it for you, poi.

*must get stupid song out of head. badly.

-------

Now for the question you didn't ask but implied a wonder... you can just make your own groups. I added one for 'Allies' ship, and I added in the rest of the axis ships to axis. It also allows you to easily copy a grouping, so you could just copy Submarines, rename it 'Uppity bad tea drinking Cruisers that pretend they are Battleships' and have a list of just the Kongous. Or maybe play with the 'main fleet' and make a version that only shows ships that are heartlocked but NOT kai, so you know who to work on.

Personally, I use the 'can be upgraded' one a lot, so I know if i should scrap Naka #4345 or if someone needs torpedos still.

------

As for updates to english version, consider plying Yuubari with pastries and coffee or such? Neither english version is seeing much activity, though someone IS working to keep the translations for quests going - after there is an update with new quests, close EO and reopen it and magically it's there. [Where magic = raw.githubusercontent.com/silfumus/ryuukitsune.github.io/master/Translations/ ].

1 out of 0 members found this post helpful.
    Last edited by Ferreae; 07-27-2017 at 04:00 AM. Reason: doing it in stages :P

Server
    Paramushir Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1175 Post(s)
    @Ferreae: Awesome. Thanks a lot! Like I said, I have some other EO question, but perhaps better saved for a designated EO thread.

IGN
    Ferreae
    Server
    鹿屋基地
    Rep
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    @goesto11 Oh! Don't forget you CAN rename those headers, so don't need to recheck a list

Also the code in the bottom left when editing the rules for a group, if you click, it changes...you might find you can parse the code better than the word description. The syntax is pretty straight forwards.
    ---
    As for a new thread *shrug* start one if you feel it is needed? Though *snicker* watch it be three things... a question, an 'i do not know', and the sounds of crickets...
    If care for neither, could PM it if rather..though no promise still not get 'i don't know'

Last edited by Ferreae; 07-27-2017 at 04:54 AM.

Server
    Paramushir Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1175 Post(s)
    @Ferreae: As for a new EO thread I think it has value, especially if KCV isn't going to be updated anymore (not just Eng. TL, but seems the base program :/). As it stands, there are those who use EO. Not everyone likes KC3 Kai (though it seems pretty popular for sure). Just in general, better to have its own thread. If no one else will do it, I will, but LOL, I'm the last one for anyone to ask questions about this sort of thing. No programming skills and no JPN->Eng TL skills unfortunately.

Thanks again for the TL & suggestions. I've changed some of the Group names already. I also did a bit with the heading width adjustment. Got the 1st box only checked pixel size thing to work. Also understand better how the dynamic resize works though it can mess up the headings (the problem with #11 I had). In fact, I got the headings for #11 ("Holo Rarity Airplanes"), but yeah, that's out of date and of dubious value IMO.

As for the groups, still, not sure why #3 ("Waiting to dock") doesn't work for me. I'm sparking ships, got a couple damaged lvl 1 DD and nothing shows up. Maybe it's locked ships and/or over level 1 or something. Test it some more, but if I can live without it if needed = delete it. Also probably delete #11 (Holo rare planes) and #12 (Axis ships). The latter is sorely out of date and also of dubious value (for me). Don't care. I'll play around with this some more, but still not sure how to create groups and use the filters right TBH. For example, I'd like to change #7 ("Main fleet") to all locked ships, but no idea how to do that. :/ Also no idea how to create groups for other ship classes (again, not sure why just CV(L) & SS(V) are done. O.o).

I looked for the ColorScheme.json file and all I have are ColorScheme.Dark, ColorScheme.example and ColorScheme.Solarized in the settings folder. No ColorScheme.json. Is it in another place (like users or something. Still on Win 7). Any thoughts on this? Like to get that done.

Another thing I'd like to eventually do is change the headings/table width/height for all (not just groups) since I find the default text too small. Figured out how to increase/change text size & font, but then the text gets cut off.

Something advanced (??? Advanced for me) would be to add the compass Map & Node stuff (1st two lines) to the battle info some how. Pain switching between the two (and I can give up on the "possible enemy fleet comps stuff). Would also like to add ship name/class and maybe even level rather than all that in a tool-tip. Also wouldn't mind making the text here a bit larger and just space things out a bit more. I tab more with this rather than have a bunch of small windows open so got the space (personal preference of course).

What setting do you use for the Compass? I've stuck with the default #4. Played around a bit, but can't really tell that much difference between the 6 options. Suggestions?

Anyway, thanks again. I'll keep playing around with it and see what I can do. I'll probably still end up using KCV for this next event at least. Just more comfortable and like it better overall. If you have any other suggestions, etc., let me know.

OH! Almost forgot. I've done backups for the windowlayout.zip folders, but anything else I should back up in case I screw up something? Probably logs (if I save/record those) & records. I guess I can just re-install the whole thing if necessary.

Last edited by goesto11; 07-27-2017 at 05:18 AM.

Server
    Paramushir Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1175 Post(s)
    FYI - in case anyone is interested, I've updated KCVs quest TL file along with equipment & ships (incl. Abyssal). Pretty sure I got everything, but may not have. If not, certainly more than what was included.

If anyone is interested, I can try to upload them somewhere. NOTE: This works for me (v. 4.2.10), but just to be safe, make sure to back up what you have before trying.

Rep
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by goesto11 View Post
    FYI - in case anyone is interested, I've updated KCVs quest TL file along with equipment & ships (incl. Abyssal). Pretty sure I got everything, but may not have. If not, certainly more than what was included.

If anyone is interested, I can try to upload them somewhere. NOTE: This works for me (v. 4.2.10), but just to be safe, make sure to back up what you have before trying.
    That sound great....where can I get this now?

The Soviet Navy Shall Destroy The Enemy Single Handedly

Server
    Paramushir Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1175 Post(s)
    @akh101: FYI - I just did it myself (I'm not officially taking on the task of updating the files). NOTE! I assume you know where the files are located (it's not the main KCV folder). Make sure to back up your existing translation files before overwriting! Also, I'm using Yuubari's latest build (v. 4.2.10).

If it's not 100% up to date, it's very close. I've added what was posted on KC Wikia for Summer Event in terms of ships (incl. Abyssal), equipment (incl. Abyssal). So far, that all works fine for me (only done E-1 so far). Still, there may be some stuff missing (e,g. I added one Abyssal equipment while clearing E-1).

Now to the current issue. I updated all the quests before the event and they all worked fine. Event starts and now 3 of my equipment (or arsenal) quest translations don't work: F-39 (upgrade LBAS Type 96 to Type 1), F-52 (2nd Type 2 SPF Skilled), and F-58 (Zuiun 634 Skilled). For all the other quests I have, the TL works, including other equipment ones so I have NO idea what happened. Took a quick look and nothing seems to be out of order for those. :/ If you figure out the problem, please let me know.

I've uploaded my 3 updated ships, equipment and quests TL files in a 7z folder to SendSpace (it's free and no account needed). Hope they help.

Rep
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I'll probably add some stuffs a bit later when I have time.

Again, apologies for quitting this project but since I don't play the game for well over a year now and since even Grabacr07 basically stopped updating KCV…

Fou ki ra hyear presia reen was zweie ra na stel yorra zuieg manaf ma zweie ra irs manaf chyet oz omnis.
    <Murasame> no more swimsuits ;_;
    <Patches> Yep. Put your tits back in your shirt, Murasame.
    English KCV FAQ

Server
    Paramushir Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1175 Post(s)
    @Yuubari: No worries. Appreciate the work. As for Grabacr07, I think there's going to be some update for increased waifu levels at least. Saw a request for another fork on that. Lastly, If you don't mind, small(?) request. Can you add TL to the battle info screen titles/headings incl. air combat (shot down/AACI over each fleet), AP/AS, formation, result and maybe even drops? If that's too much work, that's cool. Just thought I'd ask.