Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      Spring event will be starting on 2th May. Check here for more info.
Bookmark Thread
Page 1 of 216 1231151101 ... LastLast
    Kaigun Taisa (海軍大佐) chuwenhsuan's Avatar
    Rep
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

[Mod] KanColle Viewer

---This program does not translate anything in game.---

Disclaimer: I do not take credit for the modifications that's included in this guide, and all bug reports should be sent to the corresponding developers of the KanColle Viewer(Yuubari is also known as @Xiatian on the forums). By downloading the program, you agree to be responsible for your own actions and I will not be liable for any damages that you may suffer with using, modifying, or distributing the modification programs.

Before you post in this thread...

• Please only ask question in this thread if and only if it is related to KCV itself. This does not include questions on "how to get your API link", "cookie editting", or "your game not loading", and please seek help from the Help and Support Forums instead. Please also refrain from asking the developer/maintainer for updates. Everyone has a life and it is in no way obligatory for the developer/maintainer to work on this project for you.

Information and Download Links

Anyway, this program pulls various data from your game and organizes the data onto a friendly user interface. For those wondering, using KCV will NOT get you banned, and is as safe as playing the game via API in your browser, as long as you play the game as intended by KDKW. The original version is coded by Grabacr07 on Github. KCV uses Internet Explorer so set your IE cache to 1024MB.

How do I get my API link and get it to work in KCV??

[+] Spoiler
    For Firefox: Turn on your VPN/proxy and navigate to the game page. Open up the Inspector like so:

Click on the embed flash and double-click your API link.

Next, look for a file in your KCV folder called "KanColleViewer.exe.Config".

Go to line 26. There should be something that looks like this:

Replace the url between "<value></value>" with your API link.

Remember to replace the & with &amp;

FAQ (full FAQ by Yuubari and troubleshooting guide here)

• Which operating systems does KCV support?
      The program is only supported on Windows 7 SP1 and Windows 8.1. It may work with older or newer versions, but is not supported by the developer/maintainer.

• Are there any requirements?
      .NET Framework 4.5 is required. Most supported systems should have it installed already though.

• I'm stuck on the loading screen. Help?!
      Clear your Internet Explorer cache and make sure that Flash Player AND your Internet Explorer is up to date.

• I get a connection error when I load up the program. Why?
      Clear your Internet Explorer cache first, and if it still does not work, get a new API link.

• Are there any differences between Grabacr07's version, Zharay's, and Yuubari's?
      Zharay's has the ability to log, and show your current rank. The ship names and quest details are all translated into English. Yuubari's version is forked from Zharay, and is currently the one that's up to date (Zharay's version hasn't been updated since the beginning of May, link removed from OP to prevent confusion), but Yuubari stated that she will not be adding any "original features" but will just implement whatever Grabacr07's KCV has.

Enjoy!

Last edited by chronomeister; 05-01-2016 at 12:37 AM. Reason: dead images
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Life is like drawing on a blank canvas but with no way to erase.

Kaigun Taisa (海軍大佐) chuwenhsuan's Avatar
    Rep
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Reserved.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Life is like drawing on a blank canvas but with no way to erase.

Rep
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Been having a little trouble with getting this to work properly:

So the page displayed that should be the dmm page comes out to look like this:
    [+] Spoiler

And after the refresh, something about a proxy server?
    [+] Spoiler

I have the NET framework installed (i'm assuming the program wouldn't even run otherwise)
    flash player's completely updated (shouldn't matter either)
    under IE, internet options, the connections tab is all blank, and i'm able to load kancolle through IE (api link or dmm site) just fine. Any ideas what's going wrong?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

IGN
    クロノマイスタ
    Server
    Tawi Tawi
    Rep
    Mentioned
    2339 Post(s)
    The 37564 proxy is an internal proxy used by KCV so I would venture that somehow the KCV proxy is either not starting properly, or you have another program that is using the 37564 port and doesn't respond to KCV. I've been trying to reproduce to confirm but all the programs I use to sit on the 37564 port do a good job of responding.

You could try going into KCV config and change the port from 37564 to something different. If this doesn't work then you know its the KCV internal proxy not working. If this change does work and want to find out what program is sitting on the 37564 port run a administrator command prompt and use "netstat -bano" to get a list of all ports being used and their respected programs and hunt down the offender.

Rep
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    did a 'netstat -bano | findstr "37564"', got nothing, so something about the internal proxy

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Rep
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    have you had a proxy set-up on internet explorer or anything?

[+] Spoiler

Rep
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    nope to that as well, i had "automatically detect settings" checked, but unchecking that also didn't make any difference

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Rep
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Try a re-install?

Have you tried on another laptop/PC?

Rep
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    did a reset on ie, and kcv, even fiddled w/ firewall settings, nothing so far

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

IGN
    shiro
    Rep
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Just started using this tool just now and boy, it was awesome. Great interface below for monitoring anything. Didn't applied the English fork though to preserve the original feel of the game in chrome.

Failure to plan is planning to fail.