Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      As a counter measurement to Ad spam, newly registered users are required to create a thread in the Introduction Forum before allowing to be able to reply and create threads.
      Please allow some time for posts to be approved. We thank you for your patience on this matter.
Bookmark Thread
Page 1 of 89 1231151 ... LastLast
    Rep
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

USN Fleet Collection

(Updated 2/18/2016)

Tl;dr: American shipgirls!

Pacific (historically also known as USN Fleet Collection) is a self-published (doujin, often translated to self or fan) project dedicated to the U.S. Navy. In short, we make ship girls, write a whole lot, and draw KanColle fanart on occasions. Currently, we're a small international team spanning five different countries (US, China, Japan, Canada, and the UK) and a range of different professions, but let's just say we take our hobby very seriously.

We started out in 2014 as a forum roleplay (yes, I'm being honest!) and a few doodles over consistent LSC failures. Seriously. Fast forward to today, and we've published four artbooks (more on that below) in three languages (Chinese, Japanese, and an upcoming English release March 2016). All of our Pacific books have sold out within a few months of their initial release, and our circle now localizes other works as well.

So, yeah, to sum it up in two words: American shipgirls.

Our main releases, in addition to the art we put on the circle site, are the following:

(Click on the links for an electronic download. If there's no link, it means we aren't ready yet. We'll always put out electronic copies for free as soon as we can.)

Pacific vol. 1, released Winter 2014 (CN), Summer 2015 (JP), Spring 2016 (EN). This is our first character book, themed around shipgirls whose historical counterpart was involved in the Pearl Harbor attack. The sixteen shipgirls here include Enterprise, Arizona, and Maury.

Action Report #1, released Spring 2015 (CN). The Action Report series is mostly lore and assorted extra details. Think of these as mini-expansion packs, a look into our creative process, and some extra fun stuff like our abyssal monsters or alternative history. AR1 covers the earliest days of STEC, the USN shipgirl agency, and gives a very, very brief history of some alternative events that happened in our timeline.

Pacific vol. 2, released Summer 2015 (CN), Winter 2015 (JP). This book focuses on a second set of sixteen shipgirls whose historical counterparts are involved in the earliest stages of the Pacific War. We're talking the ABDA command, Coral Sea, and of course - as you can see from Hornet below - the Doolittle Raid.

Action Report #2, released Winter 2015 (CN). This is part of our lore expansion project. Brief dialogue with a pair of giants in history. Other, non-STEC shipgirl characters, some lighthearted fun stuff, and more.

We've got more books coming, of course. But that's what we've done so far.

Because the new Himeuta site only allows for four images per post, I've unfortunately had to clean up much of the accumulated updates since 2014. I'm only leaving the covers of our books for now, but it should give folks an idea about the types of things that we do.

Our circle's not for profit, so we do our best to depress prices to the lowest point possible, and charge only enough to cover our printing costs. People interested in a hard copy of our books, I would strongly recommend that you wait for our English release (where hopefully we can negotiate a better shipping price). You can get a copy of our book from our circle's website (we have a store on Taobao) or our collaborators in Japan (NEIGHBORS, who runs a melonbooks page).

Pacific's actual story is something closer to alternative historical fiction (with a hefty dose of speculative fiction tossed in). In sum, the world of Pacific takes place in a world much like our own, except that history begun to diverge once the abyssal fleet attacked in 1950. If you're interested, pop over to our own website or the TVtropes page to see more of our world.

(I'd cross-post here, too, but unfortunately we have a text limit on characters, which makes it difficult to post larger fiction pieces.)

Any questions? Drop me a note here. I may not get back to you as quick as I'd like (trust me, the core team is three people, and the actual number of team members are still in the single digits xD), but I'll do my best to answer any questions you might have.

Last edited by Morgane of the Mists; 04-01-2016 at 10:23 PM.

Rep
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: USN Fleet Collection - November☆ and Aura's Artwork & Design

I really enjoy this art work. I've enjoyed finding other artwork for various other kanmusu around DanB, but these artists have a wonderful art style for the USN. If I could get my hands on an art book of their work.

Would I like to see Allied vessels in the game? To an extent I most certainly would. If it were limited to a handful of ships, maybe a half dozen, it would be the perfect amount. I know there are some who would rather they not be brought in at all, and I can completely understand their point as well. I'd also like to see a few more Kriegsmarine girls show up as well.

Rep
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Really love the work of these artist and glad they got something put together. I will gladly throw some money down on this if possible, although I've never used this Taoboa site (been to it a few times by chance though).

Rep
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

"Walke-chan, where are you? These cherry-blossom patterned planes are scary..."

-USS Mahan

IGN
    Ryuuoh
    Server
    Hitokappu Bay Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1199 Post(s)

I totally support the idea of adding USN ships in-game.

These art work is very stunning..

Give Me All The P O M F S

Mucchan Marriage: 08/18/14, Graf Marriage: 10/22/16

Server
    Brunei
    Rep
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)

That's some beautiful art - I'd be down for a book.

IGN
    エリート大和
    Server
    Hitokappu Bay Port
    Rep
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

USS Arizona.....

her tears still lies

Yamato-kai "Yamato A-150-2000", forever my heroine

Rep
    Mentioned
    643 Post(s)

LOL, check my sig, check my forum name. Of course I'd like to see USN Kanmusu artwork while I continue hoping the game devs actually introduce them. I came across some of this artwork when browsing around the first time. It was Enterprise and Hornet that saw first over at Danbooru and this page.

The art style is very nice. I like that the artist preserved the basic look of Kancolle as well as some uniformity of appearance, just as the original game ones did.

Down to see more.

"Haze Grey & Underway"
    - World of Warships Profile ; Warships.Today -

Rep
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

First of all, November and Zeroblaze would like to thank you for your support so far. November is particularly flattered and heartened by the fact that you guys over here enjoy his work, and if things permit he'll continue to produce if he is able. He's very pleasantly surprised that he's got folks from all over interested in the work. As I had stated earlier, it is their intent to release the artbook electronically to the community if they can recoup the printing costs (as I noted earlier - starving artist needs food, if you know my drift. ;).

"What's actually in the book?"

Sixteen ship girl character designs. Think of them as an artbook version of the intro cards in-game. Zeroblaze's trying to fit in art, but it's kind of difficult with printing constraints. Whatever doesn't make it will probably be in Pacific Vol. 2 or the electronic one we're bringing to you guys, though.

"Any chance for an English version?"

Working on it. Pacific Vol. 1 will definitely aim to have an English e-book, since we've been hard at designing the characters. For a physical item, a lot of hurdles needed to be jumped through. Given that their primary audience is East Asia, to do an English printing is possible, but likely more costly. November and Zeroblaze are self-funded, and Zeroblaze (who's been in touch with the printers) have made it pretty explicit that they want to make this fair for you guys. If there's enough demand for it, they'll likely make a custom printing run for you guys - but that's far, far down the road. A lot of hinges on whether or not they can recoup their printing costs from this current set.

Now, that being said, we've figured out a few ways for you to purchase the books. There are plenty of Taobao tutorials, and the website itself is pretty easy to navigate using even something as simple as google translate. I will be working on a picture tutorial for Taobao shortly. For those of you more adventurously minded, the thing that'll hit you hard primarily is going to be shipping. You really have two ways.

1. Use a deputy. I don't know which ones are good, and it's probably going to be a little more expensive than the prices below. But it's easier than navigating Taobao yourself. Dotdotbuy's pretty solid. Their EMS Air small packet still costs an arm and a leg, but it's solid all-around.

2. Get in touch with Nov/ZRB directly on Taobao. If you buy, please tell them you're from America/Europe/wherever. Tell them also what option you'd like to have them shipped as (see below), and they'll invoice you accordingly. International shipping is carried out by Zeroblaze/November personally. We've been calling the post offices back and forth, and I've attached a table of shipping costs below. The calculation assumes that a book is 500g, and the dollars are more or less rounded up.

Note that this is to the best of our knowledge, estimates. (Reasonable estimates) Below is shipping estimates to the continental USA.

Number Airmail Air/water Searoute (freight)
    Single volume (using print media shipping) 1 ~13$ (77 RMB) ~7$ (38 RMB) ~4$ (20 RMB)
    Every additional item (+1 book) +1 +~13$ (75 RMB) +~7$(35 RMB) ~4$ (20 RMB)
    Sample calculation (for a single book)
    ~19$ (40+77 RMB)
    ~14$ (40+38 RMB)
    ~11$ (40+20 RMB)
    Time required 7-10 business days 15-20 business days 60-90 business days
    Note: tracking is about 1$.
    As you can see, option #2 is actually pretty decently cost-efficient.

If you're making a large bulk purchase for friends (like me), get in touch with me directly. Thanks for everything. Got questions? Post below or message me.

Rep
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

i'm buy the physical one and get this translated buy it again, love his work i wish dev added game already XD WERE MY Missouri with tomahawk cruise missile?(be op all hell sure be fun to wreck with)

tho i wish he can do the USS Illinois (BB-65) as i live in the state Illinois

The Soviet Navy Shall Destroy The Enemy Single Handedly