Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      As a counter measurement to Ad spam, newly registered users are required to create a thread in the Introduction Forum before allowing to be able to reply and create threads.
      Please allow some time for posts to be approved. We thank you for your patience on this matter.
Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 89 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    Rep
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Re: USN Fleet Collection - November☆ and Aura's Artwork & Design

tho i wish he can do the USS Illinois (BB-65) as i live in the state Illinois

Noted. We'll take this into consideration.

(I'm officially on-board the team as of a week ago.)

The book is coming along without too many hurdles. As I have stated, it's sixteen characters, the majority of whom are done. Meanwhile, as a thank-you, here's an Enterprise~

[+] Spoiler

Though, here's a question. Do you like her with long hair or short hair?

[+] Spoiler

Server
    Brunei
    Rep
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

@Morgane of the Mists I like her better with the long hair, but for a CV? Short might be safer.

IGN
    Shepard
    Server
    Kanoya
    Rep
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

Yeah, I think I like her better with the longer hair myself.

Wo-san... why won't you come to my base?

You don't get it do you? It's a SHIP that launches Ship GIRLS! It's going to cause a rift in the space/awesome continuum!!

Rep
    Mentioned
    645 Post(s)

Short

Oh, I need to add that I'm having nothing but difficulty concluding purchase at Taobao. Credit Card is not working (I call my bank and they say no attempts have been made) and the steps for Paypal are not clear on the site. I've done a bunch of international shopping before and this is proving difficult.

I'd like to support the artist, but the website is a brick wall.

"Haze Grey & Underway"
    - World of Warships Profile ; Warships.Today -

Rep
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Who knew keeping a place in China would come in handy now. :v

Question to the OP. How are they packaging all of this? I've had some pretty bad experience with China post and having my stuff getting to the destination in tatters. Or not getting there at all, in some instances.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Cannot. Unsee.

Rep
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

I'd go for long hair for the Enterprise, it looks more impressive

"Do not hurt Wo-Chan!" Marius, Abyssal Fleet Teitoku
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Rep
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

@M.A.Mitscher Admiral Mitscher, ZBR apparently got your order already, but ... yeah, something weird's going on the payment side. Mind messaging me so we can figure it out? If it comes down to it I can screencap you a step-by-step paypal (to either pay for the book or to get your money back - if and when it does randomly decide to go through).
    @Kurogane The "Express Post" (option generally used by Taobao sellers) is pretty reliable across China. If you're not in the Glorious People's Republic, November and ZBR has pledged to bubble wrap the package (with extra bubble wrap!) as well as they can. You can request tracking for about a buck (I think) if you're worried about the package.

Shinmai Shosa (新米少佐)
    Rep
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

dotdotbuy came back not approved. i think they don't take pre-orders? :v

[+] Spoiler

Rep
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'd say long. Look more...powerful, I guess?

Rep
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

@continue Strange. I've had classmates mention that they've used dotdotbuy successfully. Let me see if I can find you another proxy buyer. In the meantime, go here. http://reg.taobao.com/member/reg/fill_mobile.htm

Hit the tab that says English. Let me know if you've got questions. ;)

Be sure to mention that you're a non-Chinese buyer when the window pops up for "additional questions/comments for the seller."

In the meanwhile, I present to you: USS Dolphin.

[+] Spoiler

A departure from the more well-known ship (girls), Dolphin's a pretty hilarious case of making-do-with-what-we-can. When I was designing her, I managed to access some first-hand microfilms of her combat reports and history. It's interesting to see that she saw very little combat (in contrast to her older sisters - Narwhal and Nautilus), but she played an integral role as a training ship for the USN submarine forces. Of course, her captain was rather sarcastic in remarking that nearly everything was either broken or leaking fuel - in fact, she leaked so much fuel that she had to abandon her original combat mission on one of her sorties.

As you can see from the RP (the RP's actually a fairly decent spot to pick up previews of new USN ship girls from November. I guess you can think of it as a customized light(?) novel that goes alongside the artwork xD), I designed her persona with various drill instructors/sergeants in mind.

Pirate captain hat? There's been a lot of Dolphins across history. One-piece? Well, Dolphin was A) smaller IRL and B) we thought swimsuits were what's supposed to be given to sub-classed girls. Angry grin? Well, how'd you feel if you were basically the red-haired stepchild of the treaty submarines?