Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      As a counter measurement to Ad spam, newly registered users are required to create a thread in the Introduction Forum before allowing to be able to reply and create threads.
      Please allow some time for posts to be approved. We thank you for your patience on this matter.
Bookmark Thread
Page 3 of 89 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    Shinmai Shosa (新米少佐)
    Rep
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: USN Fleet Collection - November☆ and Aura's Artwork & Design

@Morgane of the Mists i actually already made a taobao account (in chinese, no less, and i don't know how to change it to english) but i wanted to pay with paypal, so i'll probably try one more time with dotdotbuy once i see the refund on my credit card statement.

dolphin looks nicer each time i look v:

Rep
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

@continue Taobao should have built-in capabilities to pay in VISA or Paypal without processing fees. Let me go look and I'll poke you again here.

As for how to switch the language interface... Depending on which version of Taobao you're using, it should be on the top-right corner OR the bottom-center (where there's a scrollable tab that says "language options).

Newly Registered
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

While I don't think Taobao supports Paypal directly, you can definitely use US Visa through their payment system as I have personally paid for things on Taobao with my US Visa cards. The do charge a fee but it fairly cheap prob around $1.00. However it can be quite complicated to navigate it if you can't change the format to English.

Shinmai Shosa (新米少佐)
    Rep
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by service@dotdotmail.com
    We refunded this order because the item is just pre-selling, the seller can't send the goods until November, besides, we cannot provide professional quality exam on the item. If you would like to book this item, we suggest you use the Chinese version of dotdotbuy, the function is much more clear.
    yeah, they can't handle pre-orders because the item won't be shipped so they can't examine it.

Rep
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

@cloner4000 That's right. Alipay is a Paypal "like" thing but it isn't paypal. Apparently, you can link US credit cards to it though.

I'll be doing some more digging to see what I can do. Again, thank you for your support. ;)

Rep
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

[+] Spoiler

As Pacific nears release, we're finalizing the last of the ship girl designs. This week I bring you Shaw, a fellow Mahan-class destroyer. Like her big sister before her, we've decided to stick to a stylized "schoolgirl" design in homage to canonical KanColle. That being said, all the Mahans will carry some kind of accessory on them, to symbolize the (odd) assortment of random cargo that they carried during the war.

Believe it or not, that's not a lunchbox that she's carrying. xD Though, yes, that is pigeon feed that she's holding.

Shinmai Shosa (新米少佐) crescentia's Avatar
    Rep
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm having some trouble getting Taobao/Alipay to work, but I'm also currently in Beijing for a while. Is there anywhere I can physically go to pick up a copy or two on release day?

Rep
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

@crescentia If you need help with Taobao or Alipay, send me a private message. I'll be glad to help out.

As for a physical copy. Unfortunately, there are no current plans to be attending any of the conventions in Beijing. That being said, Zeroblaze and November will be headed to Shanghai's ComicUp convention on November 15/16th. I can give you better information on this when the slot information's available - usually within a week of the con.

The last convention Zeroblaze went to, though, he had a preview for Pacific. So I'll probably have more information as things come up. xD

Rep
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Paper bags secured. We're proofing the final character book now.

Rep
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Proofing's done.

[+] Spoiler

Table of contents. No mysteries, really. Sixteen girls plus one spread of design notes. Full color. We'd like to let you guys know exactly what's in the tin, so to speak. ;)

What you're getting is basically a book of sixteen character designs. An individual page looks something like this.

Using Helena as an example (Sorry, Northampton-chan is a bit too much of a badass and has expressed reservations in showing herself in an "unprepared" state). On the left-hand side, the page has a small bit of historical information - weapon loadouts and such. Much of the page is taken up by her character introduction, which is comprised of two parts. A first-person account of who she is, and an analysis by STEC - the Special Task and Evaluation Command, the organization responsible for bringing USN ship girls into existence in the first place - that gives you a "bird's eye" insight into her character.

Across the page we have four voice lines (all we can realistically fit) for her and of course, her art. We also have a small design notes section where the three of us comment briefly on the process in which we went about making each ship girl in the first place, and whatever trivia we can fit that'll help you understand her better. For instance, why is Shaw so sweet? Well, part of her inspiration comes from the account of Edgar Rice Burroughs (author of Tarzan), whose glowing remarks on how kind and generous the sailors and marines of Shaw was to everyone - not just himself - in a series of his letters to his friends and family when serving as a war correspondent aboard the Shaw.

And, of course, we've got an author's note page, and a page of more trivia.

For anyone that's pre-ordered the physical copy before November 14-15th, we'll likely be able to ship these out before ComicUp!, which is where Pacific will be making its first physical premiere. We won't get a physical slot invitation/information until about the weekend before, but we'll have more information as time goes by.