Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      As a counter measurement to Ad spam, newly registered users are required to create a thread in the Introduction Forum before allowing to be able to reply and create threads.
      Please allow some time for posts to be approved. We thank you for your patience on this matter.
Bookmark Thread
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    IGN
    DLRevan
    Server
    Kanoya Airfield
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1024 Post(s)
    @ofi123 I meant those extra stats. I mean yeah, we even have other Reppu variants who have even higher AA than F6F-5. But putting aside non-farmable variants, basic Reppu have the same AA as F6F-5, without any extra stats, and without any way to upgrade them.

So in the past, I thought either one of two things could happen...or both. First is that Reppu would become upgradeble, and in compensation for having a base without extra stats, would be cheaper to upgrade than F6F-5. Or we would get a skilled Reppu that had extra stats and more AA, and without upgrades it would already be comparable to an upgraded F6F-5.

Either way, F6F-5 upgrades certainly didn't look like the best investment at the time. As opposed to future Reppu, upgraded and skilled versions of which would probably be the best IJN carrier fighters we would ever get, since they never designed anything better. Not counting Shinden, which is called 'kai' in KC because it's got what-if changes for carrier duty.

Last edited by DLRevan; 04-30-2019 at 02:46 PM.
    Murakumo 17th June 2015
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Touch Fluffy Kumo

Rep
    Mentioned
    2658 Post(s)
    @DLRevan

You were saying comparable fighters to the F6F-5, in which case the Reppuu is supposed to match/best F6F-5. But since the former came out early the latter got those extra "appeal" so that there's a reason to get people to waste screws on what was essentially "comparable" fighters. Heck, the devs even renamed the reppuus to that the base is just the prototype that matches the base F6F-5 as if to say the Reppuu proper would be superior.

For in game terms yeah, eventually we'll get something IJN better than the F6F-5 hands down. All equipment will get powercreeped one way or another in a service game. So the next logical step of powercreep is like you said, upgrading the "base" version or a veteran version of either version. At that time maybe F8F may be the next step (and given the USN fighter tree it'll most likely be modding upgrade as well).

IGN
    Harold
    Server
    Lingga
    Rep
    Mentioned
    5465 Post(s)

You will be able to farm all Shimushu class in the former operation. For the latter operation, our CTF will be fighting near the enemy's main base.

Seems more and more hints supporting Pearl Harbor to me.

The sexiest bridge ever made.

IGN
    Raven
    Server
    Rabaul
    Rep
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    It has been a long time since I have posted here. Anyway, I am planning on doing the Spring 2019 event. The only issue for me is buckets. I need to complete my Big 7 Collection to mirror that in World of Warships.

How I got into Kancolle
    Also known as Cruiser_Kumano on World of Warships

Rep
    Mentioned
    2658 Post(s)
    Looks like everyone in DE guessing would be correct since both Ishigaki and Hachijo seems to be appearing in the event. Unless they want to hold one of them for some reasons.

Age of reppuu is coming. Prepare your screws lol.

IGN
    Harold
    Server
    Lingga
    Rep
    Mentioned
    5465 Post(s)
    Apparently we will get both the original A7M3 interceptor with fuselage-mounted upward firing gun, and an if carrier based version without such gun.

The sexiest bridge ever made.

IGN
    DLRevan
    Server
    Kanoya Airfield
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1024 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 211303 View Post

You will be able to farm all Shimushu class in the former operation. For the latter operation, our CTF will be fighting near the enemy's main base.

Seems more and more hints supporting Pearl Harbor to me.
    I'll admit it does look like they're hinting Pearl Harbour at this point. The only other alternative I can think of based on US bases as analogues to Abyssal ones is San Diego Naval Base. Not only would we have to transit entirely across Abyssal strongholds (past events have hinted that the Pacific further out than Midway is choked with Abyssal Fleets, ie around Hawaii), it's clear the US proper is not in the hands of Abyssals.

Either way.....Sounds like a horribly difficult operation if we end up in either place.

Akagi k2 is fitting though.

Murakumo 17th June 2015
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Touch Fluffy Kumo

Rep
    Mentioned
    2658 Post(s)
    Found this on bonus stats for planes.

Rep
    Mentioned
    2658 Post(s)
    lol 2nd Hawaii Operation.