Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      As a counter measurement to Ad spam, newly registered users are required to create a thread in the Introduction Forum before allowing to be able to reply and create threads.
      Please allow some time for posts to be approved. We thank you for your patience on this matter.
Bookmark Thread
    Newly Registered
    Rep
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Just starting out and I had some questions!

So I started the game yesterday and it's tons of fun so far! I've been playing for a bit, reading the wiki tutorials and a newbie guide over at himeuta but I've got a couple questions now that I can't seem to find the answers to in them.

1.) When a girl levels up, are the stats that get raised random (like in Fire Emblem) or fixed (like in Pokemon, ignoring IVs/EVs)?xvideos xnxx chaturbate

2.) Can Modernizing a ship girl fail?

3.) I think I'm maxing out my Steel Bars resource soon. Or rather, I'll hit the point where I can't passively gain them over time any more. What should I use/spend them on? Making a new ship girl?

And that's it for now though I'll probably end up with more soon enough haha I was wondering where I should go with them? I assume making a reddit thread for all my questions wouldn't go over well, is there someone I can message or a forum I can post on (this Himeuta channel place?) or something?

Thanks for reading this!

Last edited by LeonJames; 05-13-2019 at 07:44 PM.

IGN
    DLRevan
    Server
    Kanoya Airfield
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1012 Post(s)
    @LeonJames Hi and welcome to the forum and the game! ...in case you do come back to see this. I guess it was in the wrong forum.

Regarding your questions:
    1. Stats don't automatically get raised after a level up. You have to modernize (feed other ships) to the ship to raise their stats to their current max cap. If your question is actually if the stat cap raises by a fixed or random amount, then it's fixed. The current cap is roughly proportional to their current level and the max stats they have at level 99.

2.Assuming you're referring to the modernization I noted above, yes, it can fail entirely if the potential result is only +1. More accurately, every combination has a chance to give you the stated potential +stat, or something less.. The formula and potential results can be found here: https://kancolle.fandom.com/wiki/Modernization

If you're talking about remodels, i.e. a ship transforms from "basic" to "kai" form, then no, remodeling cannot fail.

3. You won't be using much steel until you start fielding a lot of larger ships like carriers and battleships. Hitting the softcap on steel (which is what we call hitting that point where passive gain stops) is pretty common early on. The issue with said ships is that they also cost a lot of fuel and ammo to construct and field, so whether you should try constructing them depends on your other resources.

You could also try developing some equipment, but the three types of equips that use up mostly steel are radars, bulges and engines, which aren't very useful to a new player. Your devmats are probably better spent on immediately more useful equips like aircraft and guns, and even more importantly ships.

Try and do some construction or development to keep your steel resource below the cap, sure, but fuel and ammo are probably more important for now. If your other three resources are growing quickly as well, by all means, construct more ships.

Murakumo 17th June 2015
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Touch Fluffy Kumo