Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      As a counter measurement to Ad spam, newly registered users are required to create a thread in the Introduction Forum before allowing to be able to reply and create threads.
      Please allow some time for posts to be approved. We thank you for your patience on this matter.
Bookmark Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    IGN
    Harold
    Server
    Lingga
    Rep
    Mentioned
    5440 Post(s)

[Spring 2019 E2] Commence! Allies Rescue: The 2nd Hawaii Operation

This post will be updated with confirmed information pertaining to map E-2 as it is spaded. The thread can also serve as a starting point for people to discuss the map if they want.

Disclaimer: Information in this thread is subjected to change when new or additional data is made available.

General Event Outline, Participation Requirements and Difficulty System

To participate in this event, you must have a sortie win rate of 75% or above. You also need at least 5 spare Kanmusu slots and 20 equipment slots. Completely depleting the health bar and therefore clearing the map will lock it in the chosen difficulty, it cannot be changed afterwards.

Please be aware that it is not possible to increase the difficulty between maps by more than one. As an example if you have cleared E-1 on "Easy" you will not be able to select "Hard" for E-2; only "Medium" will be available. However players will be able to choose "Hard" again for E-3 if you pick "Medium" on E-2 for this specific scenario. This does not affect the ability to decrease difficulty; players will still be able to choose "Easy" after clearing the previous map on "Hard".

General E-2 Map Information

Difficulty: ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Sortie Mode: Normal fleet

Fleet locking:

DifficultyReward
    CasualHachijou
    EasyHachijou, New Type Aviation Armament Materials x1, Prototype Flight Deck Catapult x1
    MediumHachijou, New Type Aviation Armament Materials x1, Prototype Flight Deck Catapult x1, Medal x1, Blueprint x1
    HardHachijou, New Type Aviation Armament Materials x1, Prototype Flight Deck Catapult x1, Medal x1, Blueprint x1, Reppuu Kai (352 Air Group/Skilled) x1

Walkthroughs

Player Walkthrough & Feedback

[+] Spoiler

Last edited by 211303; 05-27-2019 at 09:43 PM.
    The sexiest bridge ever made.

IGN
    Harold
    Server
    Lingga
    Rep
    Mentioned
    5440 Post(s)
    [+] Spoiler
    E2 p1: 1CAV 1CL 4DD with 2 surface radar (perhaps some LOS requirement as well)

E2 p2 unlock: Getting AS at node B and C.

- - - Updated - - -

Yamato drops in E2 p2.

- - - Updated - - -

Welp, run out of time. I will continue tonight at around JST0200.

Last edited by 211303; 05-22-2019 at 02:55 PM.

IGN
    Harold
    Server
    Lingga
    Rep
    Mentioned
    5440 Post(s)
    https://www.twitch.tv/211303

Gonna finish up E2 now

IGN
    Harold
    Server
    Lingga
    Rep
    Mentioned
    5440 Post(s)
    E2 Preliminary guide:

As always, this is only a preliminary guide and might subject to change after more info and stages are revealed. Key ships like Ise class k2 will help a lot in this map so you might want to see whether she is needed in the EO first.

Bonus ship:
    E2L: Yamato, Yukikaze, Yahagi, Asashimo, Hatsushimo, Suzutsuki, Isokaze, Hamakaze, Kasumi, Hibiki, Sakawa, Ushio, Ryuuhou, Junyou

E2U: Yamato, Yukikaze, Yahagi, Asashimo, Hatsushimo, Suzutsuki, Isokaze, Hamakaze, Kasumi

(source)

P1:
    Fleet: 1CVL+1CL+4DD (Fast)

Route: ACFJKL (at least 2 surface radar)

Fighter power: 250+for AP at C

LBAS: 4 bomber for both bases, send both to boss

Unlock starting position:

Requirement: AS at both node B and C

Just use your P1 fleet with fighter mule CVL, and send both bases full of fighter to node B and C.

P2:

Sample fleet: (1 surface radar is needed)

Route: O1>O2>O3>P3>Q3>R>E>H>T>U

Fighter power: around 320 (assuming you get 4 waves of AP for LBAS)

LBAS: 64 squadron+54 squadron+mod 34+mod 34, T21 skilled+T21 skilled+bomber+bomber, both bases to boss

This should give you 4 waves of AP. Fighter power is really tight so this composition wouldn't work unless you strictly cover the first base.

Note:
    There are many comp for this map, but I choose the heavy build for its better passing rate. The idea of this comp is to ensure passing rate by using a lot of high armor ships, or ships that can use rocket k2. If Ise class k2 is not required in the other maps, you can even replace the CVL with Ise class k2 for better passing rate. Pick BB that are unlikely to participate in EO. You should have enough to go around if you have every BB in game.

1 out of 0 members found this post helpful.

Server
    Explosive Licking Castle
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1675 Post(s)
    E2 Hard Clear!
    Total: 22 runs
    Part 1: 7 runs, of which 4 S ranks, 1 A rank, 2 retreats at airstrike Node C
    2 unlocking runs
    Part 2: 13 runs, of which 4 S ranks, 1 A rank chip, 1 B rank final kill, 4 retreats at Ru wall Node T, 1 retreat at Node S, 1 retreat at terror sub Node P3, 1 offroute to V (failed LoS)

Part 1
    [+] Spoiler

Route: 1CFJKL
    Lv 90 Yahagi Kai - 20.3cm(3) +9, 20.3cm(2) +9, Night Scout MAX
    Lv 99 Shouhou Kai - Tenzan Murata, Suisei M22 634sqn Skilled, T53 Iwamoto MAX, F6F-5 MAX
    Lv 99 Suzutsuki Kai - 10cm HA+FD MAX, 10cm HA+FD, GFCS
    Lv 99 Kisaragi Kai Ni - Daihatsu x3
    Lv 99 Kasumi Kai Ni - Daihatsu x3
    Lv 99 Yukikaze Kai - 10cm HA+FD x2, T22 Surface Radar k4 Late Model

138 Fighter Power gives AP/AD at airstrike Node C and AS+ at other nodes

Diamond at airstrike Node C, Line Ahead at all other nodes
    LoS = 18

70 TP gained on S ranks, 49 TP on A ranks

LBAS
    Both bases:
    Type 2 Land-based Recon (to save bauxite/sortie cost)
    3 bombers

All to boss Node L

No support necessary.

19 buckets spent.(repaired chuuha or worse)
    Notable drops: Nothing

Unlocking

AS at airstrike Nodes B and C. Send at least 1 base of full fighters, and you can also bring any scrap lvl 1 CVLs filled with fighters in addition to the CVL from Part 1.
    2 CVLs full of fighters and 1 base of fighter sweep is usually enough for AS.

Part 2
    Operation Hyuu-Go featuring Hyuuga the God of Zuiuns

[+] Spoiler

Route: 2NO1O2O3P3Q3STU (basically, north route)
    Lv 99 Asashimo Kai - 10cm HA+FD x2, Type 13 Kai +4
    Lv 99 Hyuuga Kai Ni - 16in m7+GFCS +9, 41cm Triple Kai Ni +6, T53 Iwamoto MAX, F6F-5 MAX, T52 Iwai MAX
    Lv 99 Hatsushimo Kai Ni - 10cm HA+FD x2, Type 13 Kai MAX
    Lv 99 Kasumi Kai Ni - 5in mk30 Kai+GFCS x2, SG Early Model
    Lv 99 Suzutsuki Kai - 10cm HA+FD MAX, 10cm HA+FD, GFCS
    Lv 99 Yukikaze Kai - 10cm HA+FD x2, GFCS

(For last dance, you can give a high-luck character 2 torps for TCI that has a chance to 1-shot boss, and set them as flag for trigger chance)

218 Fighter Power gives AP/AD at the airstrike Nodes O3 and Q3 (depends on enemy comp), AD at boss Node U, and AS+ at other nodes

Diamond at airstrike Nodes O3 and Q3, Line Ahead at boss Node U, Vanguard at all other nodes
    LoS = 20 (13 fails LoS check)

LBAS
    Base 1:
    4 best Range 5 fighters

One wave each to airstrike Nodes O3 and Q3 (Range 5 needed)

Base 2:
    Type 2 Land-based Recon (to save bauxite/sortie cost)
    3 bombers

All to Ru wall Node T

Base 2, LD:
    Hayabusa 64sqn
    Hayabusa 54sqn
    2 bombers

All to boss Node U (Range 7 needed)

Boss Shelling Support used for all runs (2BB CVL CA 2DD). Node support is optional but likely to be ineffective due to Vanguard formation.

34 buckets spent.(repaired all DDs, BB when shouha or worse)
    Notable drops: Suzutsuki, Minazuki

Comments
    No real comment for Part 1 as it is extremely easy. The airstrike Node C can be a pain, so if you wish you can send 1 base of fighter sweep there.

On to Part 2... I decided to commit Hyuuga K2 here as I felt that there is always Ise K2 left if their shenanigans are needed in the EO maps. I think she paid off handsomely since the 50% pass rate is definitely above expectations compared to other light comps. I did not want to run the heavy BB comp as I did not have enough holepunched CVLs, and I just didn't want the tedium of sitting through 4-5 airstrikes. If you're wary about missing out on Hyuuga, please wait for the EOs to be released and spaded before committing to this map.

My setup gave AACI to every single DD. Yes, the Akizuki-class AP AACI might be the strongest, but gambling on that one chance of triggering while going through numerous dangerous airstrikes is unnecessarily risky when giving every single character the AACI ensures there will be at least some level of bonus shootdown. Also, please note that meeting the LoS requirement before the boss can be difficult. I was only able to squeeze 3 fighters on Hyuuga and air radars on every single DD thanks to the bonus LoS from the American radars (GFCS, SG) as well as Johnston GFCS guns. If you can't meet the LoS and don't have strong event-limited air radars, either have only 2 fighters on Hyuuga (chance of AD rather than AP increases), or put strong surface radars instead of air radars.

For the routing, I chose the north route as the presence of only 2 airstrikes meant I could divide one base of fighters evenly among them to help kill off their bombers. The option to go by the central route exists with BB CL 4DD (typically Yahagi as the CL - you can't bring CL and go by the fastest north route), but even with using Hyuuga for air power, I would rather brave the sub node than a third airstrike.

I believe this setup seems to be effective since absolutely none of my retreats came from the airstrike nodes. Sure, it could be luck, but the fact remains that it just didn't happen at all to my light fleet. Don't forget that the DDs can be rotated as flagship so they gain sparkles - as long as you don't retreat extremely early, it's possible for all the DDs to eventually sparkle themselves over time.

When the boss appears in the single CV Hime form, it is easily defeated by DDs, while for the final boss form with 2 CV Hime, some luck with sniping the boss is required, but any of the DDs with a historical bonus is potentially capable of doing it solo. You may want to equip some TCI on the high luck ships (although, note that having more TCI will compromise your fleet air defence from guns, which contributes to shootdown).

Part 2 Boss kill (Twitch Highlight)
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/428313633
    Lucker snipe clear... although tbh such is the case for most DD fleet clears

Farming Comments
    Node J has interesting drops, including Ishigaki and Katsuragi, and is easy to beat and reachable with a fleet full of subs. It will be worth farming this place for Ishigaki post-clear on Hard if she doesn't drop throughout E2 and E3 clearing.

Suzutsuki, and as has been shown, Yamato, can be found at the 2nd boss Node U, which is actually not that hard to S rank as long as the composition that shows up is the one with only 1 CV Hime. The problem of course is getting there in the first place.

Good luck and happy hunting!

1 out of 0 members found this post helpful.
    Last edited by NanashiYoukai; 05-24-2019 at 08:05 AM.
    KanDex First Completed 16 February 2016 // HQ Lvl 120! 9 March 2016 // 3rd Anniversary with Hiyou! 31 March 2018

Kancolle RPG Replay Circle アホウドリ - WE ARE IN! C96 @ 一日目(金) 南地区 ヒ-29a
    Twitch

Rep
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    I am glad I have finally cleared this map. Not the hardest map ever, but still pretty annoying. :/
    I took the northern route as well, using Yamato and 5 DDs (all Ten-Go). Boss battle is not too bad, if you can get past the pre-boss nodes...

My event guides: Summer 2016 / Fall 2016
    Stream is currently offline: http://www.twitch.tv/kuronia
    Hello to you!
    [+] Spoiler

Hello!

Rep
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    The odds of me reaching the fleet are generally 50/50 which already causes me some annoyance, but I have no chance at all at defeating the double CV Hime formation at all. They frequently take my Yamato down in a single hit, and the rest of the fleet generally goes down just as fast.

This is my fleet.

By and large i get AP at most of the air nodes, which doesn't always stop them from one-shotting my ships anyway. And node T tends to leave most of my girls in chuu-ha, which only makes it easier for the boss node to take them down. The best I've done with the boss node is a C-rank.

My airbases also don't seem to be helping that much, plus I don't have enough fighters with sufficient range to accompany the second airbase.

The route I take is N->O3->P3->Q3->R->E->H->T->U
    Attached Images Attached Images

IGN
    Harold
    Server
    Lingga
    Rep
    Mentioned
    5440 Post(s)
    @Stormkeeper If you want more fighter power, mule your CVL first but not putting SPF and no recon on BB. All bombers would probably be ded anyway. Change Yamshiro and Fusou's spf to recon and ap shell respectively while TB on Shouhou to fighter.

Rep
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    What about improving the efficiency of the airbases? Is there anything I can do to get them to do more damage?

Would it be worth to swap in another CVL with better plane slots to get AS?

Right now my results against the double CV Hime are like this; and this is the best result so far.

IGN
    Harold
    Server
    Lingga
    Rep
    Mentioned
    5440 Post(s)
    @Stormkeeper Well, in this case you don't have AS, which is a really bad thing. If you are consistently getting that, replace AP shell on BBV again with SPF till you get AS consistently. Replacing CVL is also possible. So far, you only need 2cvl in E3. Also, your Yamato has a 10cm in her RE. Remove that and replace with a MG. Having a secondary gun will disrupt her night attack form.