Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      As a counter measurement to Ad spam, newly registered users are required to create a thread in the Introduction Forum before allowing to be able to reply and create threads.
      Please allow some time for posts to be approved. We thank you for your patience on this matter.
Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Rep
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    I didn't realize the 10cm will change her night attack. In any case I swapped in Chiyoda, and swapped in Hyuuga K2 over Yamashiro, and managed to get AS, and cleared it!

Newly Registered
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    This map is damn annoying even in Easy

Server
    Brunei
    Rep
    Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    This map is REALLY damn annoying on hard.

First part went smooth, no issues. Unlocking was pretty easy. And the first few runs on part two I was making it to the boss pretty consistently, and getting S ranks....

And then my luck shifted. I'm doing the BBV, 5 DD Northern route. Pretty much copied NanashiYoukai's comp.

I'm 19 runs in on part 2. So far:

3 chipping S ranks (in my first 5 runs!)
    3 chipping A ranks, one of which chipped 0 off the boss.
    1 chipping C rank
    2 retreats at O3
    2 retreats at S
    5 retreats at T
    And one failed run due to the chrome memory hole.

I'm 2 runs into the Last dance - both made it to the boss, and both suuuucked. One red-T, and one Green-T that was almost as bad.

LD comp below. LBAS is 4 fighters to O3 and Q3, and 64SQD / 54SQD / 2x Mod 34. My first LD run, one Mod 34 slot was completely wiped, the other was down to rank 3 - both were full. I can't imagine completely re-ranking 2 slots of LBAS after each run.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated - seriously thinking about ditching this for a brute force comp, but I'm still not sure which ships are needed for the EOs.
    [+] Spoiler

And just for grins, the shitty, shitty Green-T LD run

Last edited by Etrigan; 05-27-2019 at 11:16 AM.

IGN
    Danielosan
    Server
    Saiki Bay Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    @Etrigan I personally went 5BBs + 1 DD and had no retreats at all, even got LD first try. Maybe I got crazy lucky, but air raids do little against such a heavy comp.

Death from above!

Server
    Explosive Licking Castle
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1675 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Etrigan View Post
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated - seriously thinking about ditching this for a brute force comp, but I'm still not sure which ships are needed for the EOs.
    Admittedly I had pretty god luck for the LD run, it was only one try for that. DD comp tends to struggle badly against 2 CV Hime and is highly dependent on a healthy historical DD one-shot sniping the boss. (and two of my characters sniped, after the first one failed to finish the job).

For the heavy BB comp, use Suzutsuki flag, 4BB including Hyuuga, and 1 CVL, and follow 211303's plane loadout replacing one CVL for Hyuuga. Ensure your CVL is holepunched with rockets k2 (or it will be the cause of many retreats). For the other 3BB, you can use Yamato, one of Fusou-class if it is holepunched, and the last can be a slow BB like Warspite, or otherwise one of the other European fast BBs. (E3 and E4 need fast BBs, as well as Gangut, Hiei, Kirishima, while your best BBs together with Iowa and Nelson should be saved for E5).

Alternatively, Suzutsuki, 3BB including Hyuuga, and 2CVL can do as well, but remember that the CVLs must be holepunched with rockets k2.

KanDex First Completed 16 February 2016 // HQ Lvl 120! 9 March 2016 // 3rd Anniversary with Hiyou! 31 March 2018

Kancolle RPG Replay Circle アホウドリ - WE ARE IN! C96 @ 一日目(金) 南地区 ヒ-29a
    Twitch

IGN
    Danielosan
    Server
    Saiki Bay Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

E2 Hard Clear

E2 Hard cleared:

Video of P1 kill.

And video of P2 Kill (followed 211303's guide for unlocking P2).

Had no retreats with this heavy fleet, and first tried LD.

Death from above!

IGN
    Nevlugion
    Server
    Shortland Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1653 Post(s)
    Is the heavy fleet still viable if you don't have rocket's k2? (thou I don't even know atm which equipment that is so far).

Ringed Fleet: Bismarck - Kongou - Chikuma - Yuudachi - Choukai - Jun'You - Abukuma - Tone - Kitakami - Taiho - Katsuragi - Unryuu - Musashi - Yamato

Rep
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    @Nevlai

On hard, I didn't have hole punched BBVs nor a CVL; went around fine enough with around 20-30% passing rate.

Granted I tried 5DD 1BB before caving in on a few last dances and trying the heavy combo - too much rng for stars to align for the light fleet to succeed IMO.

Server
    Brunei
    Rep
    Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Huh, I was sure I'd holepunched at LEAST one CVL by now. Guess it's time to fix that.

What are the CVL requirements like for the rest of the event? I think E3 requires 2 fast, and I was going to use Chiyoda/Chitose there. I already used Shouhou on P1, but I've got better CVLs - if I can spare one, I'll holepunch and use her (RJ or Jun'you) for P2 here.

Otherwise yeah , Might as well use Yamato for the bonus, one of Fusou/Yamashiro, and probably warspite.

Last edited by Etrigan; 05-27-2019 at 07:41 PM.

IGN
    Harold
    Server
    Lingga
    Rep
    Mentioned
    5452 Post(s)
    @Etrigan Yeah, 2 fast in E3 and then 0-2 in E4 (it's just for unlocking and getting AS and you can probably do it with a CV). Don't think you need any in E5.

The sexiest bridge ever made.