Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      As a counter measurement to Ad spam, newly registered users are required to create a thread in the Introduction Forum before allowing to be able to reply and create threads.
      Please allow some time for posts to be approved. We thank you for your patience on this matter.
Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    IGN
    Harold
    Server
    Lingga
    Rep
    Mentioned
    5465 Post(s)
    @rico271 Try getting AS+ for node E

The sexiest bridge ever made.

Newly Registered
    Rep
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 211303 View Post
    @rico271 Try getting AS+ for node E
    [it works
    thanks

Last edited by rico271; 05-24-2019 at 11:26 PM.

Rep
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Boss meter at 1 hp, suddenly getting really unlucky, 13 consecutive retreats so far.
    I find node J far more threatening than node O.

My event guides: Summer 2016 / Fall 2016
    Stream is currently offline: http://www.twitch.tv/kuronia
    Hello to you!
    [+] Spoiler

Hello!

Rep
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    So I need at least a couple of SPF-capable ships for E3, are Suzuya and Kumano fine to tag here? Or should I take Pola and Zara? Tones have bonuses in later maps it seems.

Server
    Explosive Licking Castle
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1675 Post(s)
    @allaire

In my opinion just use Mogami/Mikuma because your CAV in E3 will mostly just be there for muling, not actual combat damage. Pola is fine too but I find the inbuilt long range messes with shelling order, which makes her very bad for muling duties since she can only do a weak attack but conflicts with BBs/CVL with long range bomber.

KanDex First Completed 16 February 2016 // HQ Lvl 120! 9 March 2016 // 3rd Anniversary with Hiyou! 31 March 2018

Kancolle RPG Replay Circle アホウドリ - WE ARE IN! C96 @ 一日目(金) 南地区 ヒ-29a
    Twitch

Rep
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    @NanashiYoukai
    Well you used tones with 2red/spf/recon (1st phase) and 2red/recon/wg42 (LD) builds here, so I thought that I should use actually good CAVs, and not just SPF mules.

ED: also it seems that CVL are not important in E4 and E5, so I might as well use actually good one (Zuihou!) here, right?

Last edited by allaire; 05-25-2019 at 03:49 PM.

Server
    Explosive Licking Castle
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1675 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allaire View Post
    @NanashiYoukai
    Well you used tones with 2red/spf/recon (1st phase) and 2red/recon/wg42 (LD) builds here, so I thought that I should use actually good CAVs, and not just SPF mules.
    I wrote in my report it was a mistake, because I locked it before I knew about the historical damage. In any case for those in the main fleet, you can just use a CA with T3 shell.

There is a minor difference since Arty imp are not vulnerable to T3 shell, but they are vulnerable to WG42. Since I already locked Tone/Chikuma, I decided to set them in main fleet with WG since the historical damage bonus is so strong that my original plan of double WG CAV was useless. The CA with T3 in main fleet can do that same job, just slightly less effective against Arty imp.

KanDex First Completed 16 February 2016 // HQ Lvl 120! 9 March 2016 // 3rd Anniversary with Hiyou! 31 March 2018

Twitch

Rep
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    @NanashiYoukai
    So something like 1FBB 2CA 1CAV (4 spf mule mogami) 2CVL (long range CVCI) in main fleet should be better composition for the first phase? And for the second phase I move to 1FBB 1CA (T3) 1CL (Tama) 1AV (Teste) 2CVL (anti installation CVCI).

Server
    Explosive Licking Castle
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1675 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allaire View Post
    @NanashiYoukai
    So something like 1FBB 2CA 1CAV (4 spf mule mogami) 2CVL (long range CVCI) in main fleet should be better composition for the first phase? And for the second phase I move to 1FBB 1CA (T3) 1CL (Tama) 1AV (Teste) 2CVL (anti installation CVCI).
    For first part you don't need CAV mule unless you really want AS+ at the very first node (it is just one gold Nu Kai). I didn't bother with that.

My preference is more as CAV mule for second part for chipping, because the Wo Node J has 3 CV/Ls and it is pretty much impossible to get AS there unless you mule a CAV and CVL (for an example, check the fighter setup of my Part 2 chipping comp), or else send a base of fighters there. Your STF will basically have a lot of difficulty trying to kill the enemy CVs at that node (that can all potentially one shot you) unless you get AS there.

For the final kill, you want to maximise firepower at the boss node, so you would change away from muling to a combat setup, and just accept the AP at that node and try to survive past it. The setup you mentioned above for Part 2 will work for final kill but get AP at the Wo node.

Twitch

Rep
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    @NanashiYoukai
    For first part you don't need CAV mule unless you really want AS+ at the very first node (it is just one gold Nu Kai). I didn't bother with that.
    Two CVL with 4 fighter slot in total will give me ~270 air power. Should I go for AP at the air raid node then?