Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      As a counter measurement to Ad spam, newly registered users are required to create a thread in the Introduction Forum before allowing to be able to reply and create threads.
      Please allow some time for posts to be approved. We thank you for your patience on this matter.
Bookmark Thread
Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
    Rep
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 211303 View Post
    In terms of touch damage, the total post cap bonus (including ap shell) are as follows:

Nagamutsu (Nagato with red/yellow/ap/radar, Mutsu with red/red/ap/recon)
    x3.15, x3.15, x2.57

Nelson touch with Nelson, Iowa and Musashi (radar+ap+10cm in re)
    x2.27, 2.98, x2.42

The gap is rather large. The other problem is that even with artillery spotting, non bonus BB is really going to struggle doing big damage to the first three target, and that they don't really have much chance to shoot before taiha with the hime's high accuracy.
    Where are all these higher multiplier values derived from?

My event guides: Summer 2016 / Fall 2016
    Stream is currently offline: http://www.twitch.tv/kuronia
    Hello to you!
    [+] Spoiler

Hello!

IGN
    Harold
    Server
    Lingga
    Rep
    Mentioned
    5452 Post(s)
    @Kuropo The previous comparison didn't consider the ap shell bonus (x1.08 for ap only, x1.10 for ap+radar, x1.15 for ap+secondary gun) and the x1.05 map bonus.

While individually those are small difference, when multiplied together they become a significant gap.

The sexiest bridge ever made.

Rep
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 211303 View Post
    @Kuropo The previous comparison didn't consider the ap shell bonus (x1.08 for ap only, x1.10 for ap+radar, x1.15 for ap+secondary gun) and the x1.05 map bonus.

While individually those are small difference, when multiplied together they become a significant gap.
    I see, I did not know about the specific ap shell bonuses. Thanks.

Hello to you!
    [+] Spoiler

Hello!

Server
    Paramushir
    Rep
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    E4E done in 6 sorties (I had 1 retreat). I had only A-rank at the boss so the only good drop was Gambier Bay at the Ru node. No support/unlocking was needed.

Last edited by Ink20; 06-11-2019 at 05:01 PM.

IGN
    DLRevan
    Server
    Kanoya Airfield
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1023 Post(s)
    Only a few things I can really add to the good examples of Hard clear examples in this thread.... one is sparkling really does go a long way for a map like this. Sparkling for support fleet, sparkling for all sortied members. Do it every run, and you will definitely save on resources over the whole course of the map. Even then not every run will succeed, but you can't beat the statistical benefit. Yes it applies to every map really, but this map is really a great example for it, with every type of "terror" node along the way to the boss, the fact that reaching the boss at all is the goal for at least the first 70% of the boss bar, and the really high costs per run.

Next, adding AACI or at least someone equipped with AA equips like HA guns and MGs can also significantly improve performance at J and Boss, at least for chipping. Fleet AA value is calculated on a per fleet basis, so even with AACI, if enemy bombers are assigned to main fleet members to shoot down, very few will be. Having high Fleet AA from equips on both fleets gives a good chance that airstrikes deal little damage, or better yet, complete shootdown, depending on how good your equips are. For people with fully hole-punched ships. it's less relevant since you'll probably put MGs into the expansions slots.

Oh and I agree with @Shishouro. Using every method available, including SCAMP, to increase carrier range really helps with the passing rate too. I consider it more valuable here than FCF, since sending back likely means an extra node due to lacking a 4th radar, or you had a 5th radar which further gimped your fleet.

All of the above regards STF chipping before 3rd start point opens up. Once the third start point opens, the issue becomes actually killing the boss, not passing rate. It's still not the easiest pass, but its laughably easy compared to CTF chipping, and for an EO map.

Last edited by DLRevan; 06-11-2019 at 09:00 PM.
    Murakumo 17th June 2015
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Touch Fluffy Kumo

Rep
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    @DLRevan I would not recommend sparkling, because that will take significantly more time to clear the map which is already very tedious. Without any sparkling, I managed got around 50/50 passing rate and chipping the boss meter for about 200-400 damage each boss encounter. That seems fairly acceptable for a map like this by my standards. I doubt with sparkling that result would significantly be improved and it is definitely not worth it the investment.

Hello to you!
    [+] Spoiler

Hello!

Server
    Paramushir Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1649 Post(s)
    E-4 Hard Cleared. Messed up the screen shot so this is what I got.

E-4H Part 1 CTF
    Fleet (v2 with load out change)
    [+] Spoiler

LBAS - Group 1 = 2x fighters + 2x LBAS bombers, Group 2 = 1x fighter + 3x Bombers; Group 3 interceptors for defense. Groups 1 & 2 to the boss node.

Comments:
    - Changed things a bit in terms of load out from initial chipping comp. Added jets (see below) which allowed me to put 12cm Rockets k2 on Mogami (already used enough RE on ships this event) and still get a high amount of airpower to get AS at Node J with just my fleet. Thus sent both LBAS to the boss.
    - Using jets helps IMO. Large slot never got emptied (or lost rank) and smaller slot usually didn't. Granted ranks lost on image, but when I finally got done, both jets were at max rank. I used jets while farming on Casual as well and again quite helpful. If you got them use them.
    - DB in Hiryuu & Souryuu 1st slot were not so lucky. Often close to being emptied if not emptied by the time I got to the boss or at the boss. RIP bauxite.
    - Node Shelling Support is a must IMO for CTF on this map. Farming on Casual different story, but Casual. As for Boss Shelling Support - I wouldn't bother. Not with this pass rate.
    - Mixed feelings about 2x fighters + 2x bombers for LBAS Group 1. With only 1 fighter, would get AD. With 2, sometimes AP (even once for LBAS Group 2). Hard to tell if net damage results were better with 2x fighters or 1 fighter in group 1. It did reduce bauxite costs.
    - Map is proverbial cancer for this section at least. I had a 26% pass rate, and when you get to the boss, not like you're going to easily S-rank or get clean kill on boss consistently. I recall a similar pass rate with a TP Gauge map in an event long ago, but TCF is much cheaper and if you get an A-rank, doesn't matter what you did against the boss. Still got points taken off the TP gauge, though to be fair, as I recall, A-rank wasn't so easy either. Full disclosure, NO sparkling done (hate that). Up to individual player to decide on whether it's worth it or not.
    - Friend Fleet helps, but some RNG for sure in how much. It's not a panacea, especially since the issue is getting to the boss node.
    - Between farming CTF on Casual and unlocking (S-rank at Node S gave me trouble as well) (i.e. before I started clearing at Start 3), I burned well over 100k fuel, 500 buckets and corresponding steel/ammo/bauxite net of running resource expeditions/daily/weekly rewards.

E-4H Part 2 STF
    [+] Spoiler

LBAS - Group 1 = 2x fighters + 2x LBAS bombers, Group 2 = 1x fighter + 3x Bombers; Group 3 interceptors for defense. Groups 1 & 2 to the boss node.
    **See note below

Comments
    - **Probably should have dropped Teruzuki for another offensive DD, but I decided to give a shot for a few sorties and see how it goes. Worked out so never changed comp. AACI does help - you have an aerial battle node, etc., but I think you can get by without that if you are struggling to finish off the boss.
    - Opening Start 3 and using STF on shorter route makes a big difference. Much better passing rate for on thing. Still, getting that final kill can be difficult. Need some RNG help for things to align.
    - Again Node Support used all sorties and recommended. Recommend Boss Shelling Support for final kill (what I did)
    - Again, having a jet helps. Yes, it won't attack installations, but IMO the benefits of more airpower, may sink a DD on jet attack phase, etc. offset the disadvantages.
    - Again, Friend fleet helps, but not a panacea. Just depends upon dice rolls. For my final kill, ABKM in friend fleet had a good hit on the boss (I think around 150hp) which definitely helped. Chikuma MVP as she had a very solid NB DA on the boss to sink the boss. Still had Tone, but whether Tone targets Boss (and what dice roll) or Meat-Shield Hime is another matter.
    - Overall, I do like fleet comp and load it. Worked well enough for me and I'd probably stick with this for farming E-4H post clear.
    - Definitely a "better have the right historic ships" kind of map (well event really). Props/kudos again to front-liners for clearing all of this while figuring things out and no FFleet help.

Thanks to @211303 for guide/advice along with everyone else such as @Kuropo and @ofi123 who helped me out and/or posted their clearing notes & fleets.

Last, but not least... on my second to last sortie for clearing, after days of farming fail, Fletcher comes home.

Good luck to those still trying to get Fletcher, especially vangaurd/frontliners and/or past the 100+ sortie mark. As for me, I can now go all out on E-5 without reservations. Will work on comps, load outs, etc. for E-5 while trying to stockpile resources again. Not sure if I want to bother clearing E-5 without Friend Fleet at this point.

Last edited by goesto11; 06-12-2019 at 12:39 AM.
    Thanks to Arkayda for the signature.

Rep
    Mentioned
    2646 Post(s)
    This will definitely be useful for those who used Hiei/Kirishima and need double BB with sanshiki friend fleet.

Server
    Paramushir Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1649 Post(s)
    @ofi123: Oh, did devs buff E-4 friend fleet along with E-3?

Thanks to Arkayda for the signature.

Rep
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by goesto11 View Post
    Oh, did devs buff E-4 friend fleet along with E-3?
    Arrival of new Friend fleet compositions in E-3 and E-4 indeed.

Hello to you!
    [+] Spoiler

Hello!