Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      As a counter measurement to Ad spam, newly registered users are required to create a thread in the Introduction Forum before allowing to be able to reply and create threads.
      Please allow some time for posts to be approved. We thank you for your patience on this matter.
Bookmark Thread
Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast
    Server
    Paramushir Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1649 Post(s)
    @firehawk12: IMO Node shelling support for E-4H CTF part is mandatory. Even with Node support, I had a 26% pass rate. Again, STF isn't necessarily automatic clear, but once you get to Start 3 & STF, things get a lot better. Just have to get there.

Thanks to Arkayda for the signature.

Rear-Admiral
    Rep
    Mentioned
    399 Post(s)
    This is really a terrible RNG fest with the CTF route. Someone I know quit the game because it just takes too much time and I'm honestly ready to do it myself.
    I know people seem to say this every event, but now that I'm in a different place in my life than in 2015, this game is really trying my patience.

Server
    Paramushir Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1649 Post(s)
    @firehawk12: Understand. RNG = Hard in this game, and there's a point to which you get too much RNG. I recall posts about how there were a number of people who quit after Summer 2014, probably some after Summer 2015. Definitely some here posted that after Spring 2016. Not sure about Summer 2017 though. Game takes a lot of time/work. Technically not that much "work" to run expeditions, but have to be constantly doing that, sparkle ships and such. It adds up. If you want all Hard clear, you better come in at resource cap - fuel at least, but you'll spend a lot of other as well (Bet I spent 200k, ammo. Definitely over 200k steel, and 120k+ bauxite). That takes time with all the other stuff.

Maybe post comp (incl. LBAS) and see if some tweaks are available? Not sure what else to say since this CTF is RNG hell, but best of luck. Again, there's some light at the end of the tunnel once you get to STF/Start 3. Not automatic, but certainly a lot better.

Rear-Admiral
    Rep
    Mentioned
    399 Post(s)
    @goesto11 I basically copied your comp, except I screwed up and mixed up Teruzuki and Akizuki between my STF and CTF fleets. I'm running node support and sending my LBAS to the boss, but maybe I shouldn't do that since I haven't been to the boss in maybe 5 hours. I think only difference right now is that my ships are lower level since I had to use a dupe Chokai at level 70 and I never used Murasame so she's at level 80.

Honestly it'd be fine if you could just skip all the animations and not waste time waiting for morale to come back up so at least the RNG wouldn't suck as much since you're losing like 10 minutes per sortie. But yeah... it's just tiring when you're seeing no progress and there doesn't seem to be anything you can do except just watch the dice rolls.

Server
    Paramushir Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1649 Post(s)
    @firehawk12: Well, Akizuki vs. Teruzuki doesn't matter. Neither are historic. Sending LBAS to boss is a very good idea. Doesn't cost all that much. Boss shelling support on the other hand is a wasted IMO given expense and passing rate. You DO want LBAS once you get to the boss node. Can factor into your airpower at Boss Node for one thing.

Well, ship levels matter, but 80 isn't too bad. 70 is OK-ish. Back in the day it was OK, but seems you need higher levels these days since margin for error. Wait. I used Choukai for STF, so are you on STF now, or still on CTF phase? Also, good because high FP for CA, but for STF, your FBB will do most of the work.

Anyway, if you're on final kill part with STF, then you should be able to have a fairly high pass rate. Definitely use LBAS as before and I'd use Boss Support for

As for the time/animations, I think that's sort of game fatigue & thus lack of immersion & interest. Lose animations (and voicing) and it's just -> "here's result". Get what you mean though. I'd like changes to LBAS among other things, but yeah, when you fail a lot (and know due to battle-info screens), you just want to get it over with. I exited out of frustration a couple times. Then again, have to exit at times anyway to avoid memory leak issues (there's now a warning option to do this with KC3 Kai).

Probably most of all, the issue for me is just the resource black hole. Gets really repetitive and pedantic with the resource grind. GET that's part of it, BUT matter of degree/balance. Got other stuff (RNG as well) when it comes to very expensive mod fodder (T32 RADAR), LSC gamble for Maruyu, etc. In this event though, I was honestly wondering whether I would still fail to all-hard clear despite coming at cap for fuel/ammo/steel (close for bauxite), and lagging for best comps and waiting on friend fleet. This has to be the most resource black-hole event I've done.

Again, best of luck.

Rear-Admiral
    Rep
    Mentioned
    399 Post(s)
    @goesto11 I'm still on the CTF phase. Just lost 15 minutes waiting for morale to clear up after dying on the first sub node. lol
    Yeah, it's weird, the game's charming battle lines and stuff gets tiring after a while - I just play the game on mute. And yeah, since I gave up on KCV after it seemed to be dead and started using Poi, having the results viewer also kills a lot of the interest and you just want it to be other with - either way.
    That's when you get the "I'm just watching numbers go up/down" factor and you kind of wonder why you're playing the game at some point, haha.

I'm going to keep trying, but boy is it demoralizing at times. I think I'm glad I stopped caring about full kandex, particularly since I ran out of time last event to farm, because if I was also farming this map before trying to beat it? I don't think I'd be able to do it.

Server
    Paramushir Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1649 Post(s)
    @firehawk12: I don't recall too much waiting on morale, though yeah, there's some for sure. Depends upon how far you get. Still, if this is going to be the case with future events, maybe need to have morale gain be faster. Sucks to keep getting taiha'd right of the bat (at least less resources wasted), then wait, then taiha again, etc. Ain't fun.

Definitely not the same as first year or so when I always had the music/audio on, was really into each battle, etc. 5 years of grind takes it's toll, especially on the repetitive daily/weekly/etc. stuff. I still do have audio on for events - at least somewhat. Check out the music, get into things a bit, But yeah, when you get stuck like this, it's "just let me be done". Same thing with extra long events. More grind than fun. I think KC works best with some moderation. Too easy/too hard isn't good (though "too easy/hard" is subjective).

FYI - KCV did have a battle-info add-on at some point, but yes, it does change things. I'm on KC 3 Kai (using Vivaldi for this alone. Not a Chrome fan. Pay me for my data Google). Poi's fine, but some GUI things I didn't like TBH. KC3 Kai's also seems to be faster update with Eng. TL. Poi also uses quite a bit of PC resources. Still have it just in case, but not preferred. Do like Electronic Observer. More minimalist though, and doesn't get updated as much as KC3 Kai, but lightest viewer of the lot, and had less issues with it than KC3 Kai. It's not as stylish and you have to set up a lot of things, but I used that exclusively after KCV Eng TL went away. Only switched to KC3 Kai because EO lagged with HTML 5 switch. Got used to KC3 Kai so stuck with it, but do like EO still. *shrugs* I keep all 3 just in case one goes down. Still, If updated enough and perhaps a few minor changes (incl. more data/info given), probably would stick with KCV TBH. Always liked it.

As for farming, I lost quite a bit of sanity farming this on casual. Did 110 sorties (10 with friend fleet). Passing rate on Casual wasn't high enough, especially given 1.2% drop rate (S-rank only). Few A-ranks (none with FFleet). Biggest issue was stupid high costs. Yeah, yeah, CTF and all, but my resource counter doesn't care why, it just cares HOW MUCH. Thankfully Fletcher (who I did want) dropped 2nd to last sortie on this map. Was prepared to go farm for Fletcher post clear if I had to, but now that I've finally cleared E-5H, don't have that much left for fuel. Don't have 100 sorties worth of fuel if god forbid I needed to do 200+ sorties. Farming on Hard with STF is feasible, but well, see comments on that. Thing is though, even if not complete index, you DO need ships. More and more. Also historic. OK Fletcher's not that great, but next USN event, have her to with SB Roberts & Johnston. Having all 3 may help. That's the issue. Day of the 100-slotters is gone unless go Easy after first couple maps or so.

Resource burn by far is my biggest issue with this event (RNG is part of that though).

Again, best of luck!

Rear-Admiral
    Rep
    Mentioned
    399 Post(s)
    @goesto11 I tried KC3 Kai but I just like having a full standalone browser and POI kind of looks like KCV. lol

Yeah, I think missing the Kandex makes it harder to complete because of the historical bonuses, but if I get to the point where an event is impossible, either I just give up and go casual for all events and just complete them for the sake of completing them, or stop playing altogether. The problem is time, and even if I was willing to spend hundreds on Irakos and damecons and whatnot, that doesn't solve the RNG problem that is designed to make you stay in the event as long as possible.

I say this as I get sent back at the sub node 3 times in a row and have to recover from 29 morale each time. I can't even be mad anymore because I'm the one choosing to play the game. lol

Oh well, I think I'm just venting at this point. But what else can I do while I wait to slam my head against this wall again? lol

Server
    Paramushir Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1649 Post(s)
    @firehawk12: Yep, troll sub node is troll sub node. Really a gauntlet to run here because even if you get by Node C, usually there's some ship hit to chuuha and then gets hit to taiha later. :/

Poi does look more like KCV, but for example, I had to open some other screen for the detailed battle info (mabye changed). Just some things here and there I didn't like as much TBH. It's more complex and more fancy than I think it needs to be (and more PC resource intensive), but JMO on that. Lot of people like. it. Totally agree about standalone. That's why I use Vivaldi just for KC3. Use Firefox for all other stuff (probably need to ditch that as well after reading some stuff, but separate issue. IDK Brave browser maybe?). Anyway, essentially I get "standalone". There was a KC3 Kai standalone version in the works, but never materialized. Shame on that. I think it was more ambitious. Could be used as Eng. TL browser for more than just KC? Not sure, but there was a project started onthat.

It's time no matter what. It's time to spam expeditions, keep them sparkled and such. OK, maybe a minute to resend expeditions, but have have game on/reminder on phone to log in, etc. I've started playing KCD (Kingdom Come Deliverance), and still had KC on in the background so I would have a popup to resend expeditions. Not helping with immersion (and older PC so not helping with KCD crashing at times. >_< EO seems to work the best here since lightest viewer). Having stuff to do is good, but there's a limit at some point.

Personally, feel free to rant/complain if you find it cathartic. Part of forum help as far as I'm concerned. You're more chill than I've been this event. XD Salty this event for sure. I made a concerted effort to prepare for this (even ranked some months), and very frustrating to just watch cap resources disappear with EO. I think I had 265-270k fuel at the start of E-4. Maye a bit more. Was in good shape. Then E-4 farming fail, E-4H CTF, etc. etc.

Thing is though, salt = still CARE about the game. At least for me. Day I go "whatever" = start the clock on me quitting. Won't be doing dailies/weeklies or sparkling expedition or running expeditions as much -> don't do so well next event (probably run out of resource, don't get all ships), etc. etc. -> less motivation -> etct. This is supposed to be fun/leisure, but I do NOT like sparkling and frankly I get sick fo being chained to the game so I'm always running certain expeditions right on time to max resources. Do it because OK, you need to put some work into it, but RNG/SlotmachineColle -> Resource Blackhole tips the reward - effort balance IMO.

Rear-Admiral
    Rep
    Mentioned
    399 Post(s)
    @goesto11 Haha, fair. I just don't want to spam the thread too much - although I think some of the game attrition has definitely affected the several Kancolle communities I check whenever an event starts.

Did they ever release an iOS version of Kancolle? I never bothered checking, but the Android version seems useful for constant expedition spamming and stuff like that. It's interesting though, I think the death of orel after the patch really done me in and made me not do the weeklies anymore. I still manage to hit the resource cap between the last event and this one though from expeditions and whatnot.
    And yeah, I guess at this point I still care about the game. I just find these events a harsh reminder that maybe the game isn't worth the devotion that's expected of it. Like I totally agree with you about sparkling, because it just seems like a complete waste of time even though it's supposed to help your pass rate, but I'm still trying to do the rest of what's expected - clearing the time limited quests, trying to do monthlies and whatnot - it's almost habitual and calming to do these "chores'. But the events can sometimes suck the fun out of the game real quick. lol

Speaking of which, back on topic I guess - is STF as cancerous as CTF in terms of the pre-boss nodes then?