Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      As a counter measurement to Ad spam, newly registered users are required to create a thread in the Introduction Forum before allowing to be able to reply and create threads.
      Please allow some time for posts to be approved. We thank you for your patience on this matter.
Bookmark Thread
Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast
    Server
    Paramushir Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1649 Post(s)
    @firehawk12: Eh, not a mod, but forum's here for posts. I'm sure you remember back in the day (and yeah, less people around for sure. Not sure where Leyana went for example), when some get frustrated and vent. *shrugs* . See those type of posts on KC Wikia, especially for E-4 and E-5. There's a KC Wikia discord if that's your thing (not mine). Some might be there. Some on reddit (thought not sure how much venting one can do on reddit), but never was much for reddit either TBH. I just go here since my favorite place for KC since Day 1. Not sure what I'd do if Himeuta wasn't around. I guess KC Wikia, but help seems scattered there unless new Discord.

Game's getting a bit old. I think some just moved on TBH. We're some of the "old-timers" here. LOL. Not sure how many to Azure Lane (I think that's getting a console version now?). Per previous comments, there's a balance here and devs have some work to do in terms of keeping different types of players. Hard-core may like extra RNG events (apparently, in some places it's not... IDK "real"(?) "true"(?) hard clear if you needed Friend Fleet. :/).

Anyway, it's on topic so don't see a problem with posting this. Not sure about iOS. Don't use my phone all that much so don't bother with KC app. Also, got some small screen so maybe I can ge the expeditions out and such, but sparkling on a phone? Meh. Then again, I guess some do more on a phone so...

Again, STF is much better. I finished E-4H in 3 sorties (no retreats) when I got to STF & part 3. May take you longer, but it's a lot better. Asashio K2D w/ SONAR + DC (and RADAR) helps with passing troll sub node. JMO, but I think 2x fighters (need Range 7) for LBAS Group 1 is a good idea as well. You can test it out, but pass rate should be a LOT better = run double support and just get it done. Boss support for sure on LD.

Hope it helps. FWIW, If you can clear E-4 on Hard, you don't give up too much if you decide to go Medium (or even Easy) for E-5. I just want extra shiny plane LOL, but you will get another good NB fighter even with Easy. Not so sure about 152mm triple rapid fire. Good gun and Fit on new CL, but eh, that much better than going improved 20.3cm (No.3)? Now if you can improve 152mm and/or upgrade to Kai version, etc. AND get some extra fit bonus on various CL, then different deal.

I digress. Point is that E-5 isn't bad up until final kill on Hard w/ Friend Fleet (again, use Saratoga CVB over Akagi K2 for that. Also, may wish to see my final comments on Nagato Fleet vs. Nelson Fleet). Medium goes from 2x Re-elite for Node X to 2x Re. Still Re-BBV, BUT elite version is definitely harder = passing should be better. Airpower at boss drops which should help your LBAS. Boss damaged loses 30pts of armor. Definitely NO reason to go with NB TCI on Ooi or Kitakami. Those who should do fairly well (some comps use both CLT and only 2x DD which may be a way to go on Medium TBH. Less NB TCI RNG. I'd still use SB Roberts & Johnston. Will need to move a RADAR to one of those with though w/o 3rd DD).

However, will NOT be cheap so keep that in mind when you get there. Gambatte!

Last edited by goesto11; 06-18-2019 at 02:22 AM.
    Thanks to Arkayda for the signature.

IGN
    Harold
    Server
    Lingga
    Rep
    Mentioned
    5460 Post(s)
    @firehawk12 Orel's death isn't really a big hit in terms of resources farm tbh. 1-3 is way better than Orel for fuel, and there is also 3-2 for ammo and 2-2 for bauxite. The only thing that you can't farm is steel.

The sexiest bridge ever made.

Server
    Paramushir Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1649 Post(s)
    @211303: How good is farming for fuel at 1-3 though? D only gives 10-20 fuel (probably more with drums, not sure about daihatsu)? Seems like minimal gains when net out fleet costs. Have to go through H (fuel maelstrom) to get to G so that doesn't help.

Rep
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Anyone having some tips on farming the map for Fletcher?

i just can't kill the BB Hime. I've had the boss sink during day battle and still, not killing BB hime and ending with an A rank.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Server
    Paramushir Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1649 Post(s)
    @velocius: FYI, there's an event farming thread with example fleets like this one. If you're farming on Hard or Medium, strategy is to go for A-rank because it's extremely hard to S-rank. If you're farming on Easy... not sure what to say since you have the boss and other installations to kill which require anti-installation equipment, but that won't help against BB Water Oni which is quite the meat-shield. It's weird, but arguably farming on Easy is the hardest/worst farming because Fletcher last I checked only drops on S-rank for Easy and Casual. No BB Water Oni with Casual so S-rank is easy enough. Not sure what your CLT locking is like, but adding a CLT (see example fleet) is an option. Not sure if that will be enough though for consistent S-Rank.

GL

Rep
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by goesto11 View Post
    @velocius: FYI, there's an event farming thread with example fleets like this one. If you're farming on Hard or Medium, strategy is to go for A-rank because it's extremely hard to S-rank. If you're farming on Easy... not sure what to say since you have the boss and other installations to kill which require anti-installation equipment, but that won't help against BB Water Oni which is quite the meat-shield. It's weird, but arguably farming on Easy is the hardest/worst farming because Fletcher last I checked only drops on S-rank for Easy and Casual. No BB Water Oni with Casual so S-rank is easy enough. Not sure what your CLT locking is like, but adding a CLT (see example fleet) is an option. Not sure if that will be enough though for consistent S-Rank.

GL
    Thanks, i forgot about the other thread, been busy these past weeks and been sneaking in as many phone battles as i can. Getting A ranks at medium is easy enough for me, so i'll just keep going for a bit, then do E-5 and see what ships i have left. i messed up the locking for this phase by not reading enough and locked some of the ships CTFand some of them STF. but going for the A rank route should be easy enough.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Rear-Admiral
    Rep
    Mentioned
    399 Post(s)
    @211303 For it was an easy way to do the transport weeklies. I know that 2-2 is much easier logistically, but it was easier to rotate out subs for morale than carriers because there isn't the need to shuffle fighters around.

- - - Updated - - -
    @goesto11 Finally made it to STF phase... only to see another node with a troll sub. lol
    Is it worth doing the sub formation here, or just full head on and pray for RNG (again)?

Server
    Paramushir Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1649 Post(s)
    @firehawk12: Congrats. It's a slog for sure. First, make sure you have Friend Fleet enabled and "better friend fleet" (uses flamethrowers) if not already doing so (probably are). As for the troll sub node, having an OASW DD like Asashio K2D helps here. You want OASW with SONAR + DC and a spot left for "surface" RADAR since you need 4 on Hard. That should take care of the sub using "Double Line" formation. at Node X. That''s what I used (Double line -> AA -> Battle -> Battle). Your STF should go Start 3 -> X -> Y -> O -> V (Boss) and thus avoid troll sub Node W. See KC Wikia for details, but fast STF is one requirements to avoid Node W. Not a problem given historic ships, etc.

Again, things should be a lot better for you now. May not take many sorties at all to clear (I used double shelling support to speed things up).

Last edited by goesto11; 06-20-2019 at 03:09 AM.

IGN
    Harold
    Server
    Lingga
    Rep
    Mentioned
    5460 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by goesto11 View Post
    @211303: How good is farming for fuel at 1-3 though? D only gives 10-20 fuel (probably more with drums, not sure about daihatsu)? Seems like minimal gains when net out fleet costs. Have to go through H (fuel maelstrom) to get to G so that doesn't help.
    Assuming you go with kamoi+5 daihaitsu dd full of diahaitsu, it's a net gain of 50+ fuel. Each run takes 1.5 min.

IGN
    Harold
    Server
    Lingga
    Rep
    Mentioned
    5460 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by firehawk12 View Post
    @211303 For it was an easy way to do the transport weeklies. I know that 2-2 is much easier logistically, but it was easier to rotate out subs for morale than carriers because there isn't the need to shuffle fighters.
    There is no need to change fighter or carrier because opening airstrike isn't affected by morale. Just bring a sub tank as well and farm the node in red morale like how you used to in 3-2 leveling.

Doing world 4 weekly is also a good way for hunting transport.