Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      As a counter measurement to Ad spam, newly registered users are required to create a thread in the Introduction Forum before allowing to be able to reply and create threads.
      Please allow some time for posts to be approved. We thank you for your patience on this matter.
Bookmark Thread
Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast
    Server
    Paramushir Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1649 Post(s)
    @ohno133: Thanks, and again, spot on with the advice. Much appreciated!

Thanks to Arkayda for the signature.

Rep
    Mentioned
    2648 Post(s)
    Didn't watch as many replays of E5 LD as before due to E3 reaction videos, but finally stumbled upon one with friend fleet sinking the boss in LD.

Rep
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    @goesto11

Gratz, told you it wouldn't take long since FF itself is a helpful (sensible - much better than RNG shtfest before its arrival) crutch.

IGN
    Harold
    Server
    Lingga
    Rep
    Mentioned
    5452 Post(s)
    @goesto11 gratz

The sexiest bridge ever made.

Server
    Paramushir Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1649 Post(s)
    @Makikaki: Thanks. Fair point, but took me long enough WITH Friend Fleet. Plus you never know. Failed to get Hard Clear for Spring 2016 using same comps/load outs as others. Ran out of resource and resupply buckets as well. People clearing in 4 or 5 attempts with 2x resupply. Me? Nothing. Just never know. There's always an outlier. That being said, I do think not only would I have cleared much faster with Nelson fleet, but also things wouldn't have looked so dire. Like I said, night & day difference both in passing rate and at the boss node.

And yeah, clearing without friend fleet is pure RNG hell. As others have said, this is arguably the most friend fleet dependent event. On the plus side, I suspect that the friend fleet tab may signal that we get friend fleets from the start. Those who want extra challenge can turn it off when starting the event.

----
    @211303: Thanks. Glad I got the extra shiny Reppuu after all that expense and effort. Need all the +12AA or better planes I can get. Also NB fighter so that should help when you need those few extra points of airpower. Not sure about Akagi K2E though where I think it gets the largest fit bonus. Already converted Sarataga back to MkII since I use her NB configuration a lot for normal maps. I guess I could make Akagi my go to NB carrier, but not sure if that's a good idea or not. Also range 6. Sigh, in preparation for this event, I upgraded Spitfire Mk1 to MKV and Hayabusa II to IIIA. Seems like a total waste now. :/

Thanks to Arkayda for the signature.

IGN
    Ari-kun
    Server
    パラオ泊地
    Rep
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Hey it's me again. Yeah I'm still alive. Due to things, I am just officially starting the event now. Doing E-1 medium but the rest will be EZ PZ. Cutting it close but at my level I shouldn't have any difficulty. Having said that, I'm actually retiring from doing hard mode I guess. I'm no longer interested in getting top tier equipment via events. I suppose the largest contributing factor was that I have not progressed through the revamped maps since phase 2 came out. My W3 onwards remain locked. I may start to slowly make my way through them but it was a big let down for me when it happened. I basically just logged in for exp and resources. Well I hope I can somehow renew my vigor in playing KC with more passion like I used to 4 years ago.

"Without love, without anger, without sorrow, breath is just a clock ticking"

Started: 11/14/14 LSC Graduation: 7/7/16 First Kandex Completion: 5/21/17
    Remaining EOS: Sagiri My K2 List

Rep
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    E5 Hard cleared!

Notable drops: None

Node V unlock using transport fleet is as bad as fall 2017 Z6 unlock. Otherwise, just need everything to align to get the perfect kill for part 1 and part 2 bosses. MVP goes to Fletcher for tanking both Re-elite torpedos and Pacific Princess attack at the cost of 1 damegami..

I would like to thank the Himeuta community for all the suggested fleets and invaluable insights posted here. See you in the next event!

Part 1

Surface fleet

Part 1 LBAS - emphasis on more fighters. Send all to 1st boss node

Carrier fleet unlock (air raid nodes only) - put in an AV to route to air raid node G. Use Part 2 Surface fleet for node X unlock

Transport fleet for node V unlock

Part 2

Part 2 fleet - Surface fleet. Can swap one of Ise's fighters with a good zuiun for arty spotting during pre-LD

Part 2 LBAS - all to 2nd boss node. Emphasis on more bombers due to low enemy air fighter power at 2nd boss node

Last edited by Ken G; 06-20-2019 at 01:39 PM.

Server
    Paramushir
    Rep
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    @Ghoulvarine
    I know there isn't much time left but maybe you could try E3H (it shouldn't take much time if you avoid node j).
    E4E can be done in 5 sorties directly with a CTF so it will be faster.

Rear-Admiral
    Rep
    Mentioned
    399 Post(s)
    @goesto11 Hey, I just thought I'd ask since I've been copying your fleets and figured should have mostly the same unlocked ships... (no Johnston though. :/) lol
    Did you post your P1 and unlock fleets somewhere? I see your ending fleet, but have been trying to find the earlier fleets in the thread.

Cheers!

---

Or alternatively, what are the recommended alternatives for Fletcher and Jonhston?

Last edited by firehawk12; 06-21-2019 at 02:55 AM.

Rep
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    @firehawk12 You may use Kasumi, Ayanami or Shigure in place of them. Kasumi has a very high modifier while none of these 3 ships will lock out the best friend fleets.

Last edited by Ken G; 06-21-2019 at 03:07 AM.