Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      As a counter measurement to Ad spam, newly registered users are required to create a thread in the Introduction Forum before allowing to be able to reply and create threads.
      Please allow some time for posts to be approved. We thank you for your patience on this matter.
Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Akagi Kai ni

Rep
    Mentioned
    2614 Post(s)
    That 40 slot for fighters could be useful for high FP requirement. But yeah, I'd prefer having a higher 2nd and 3rd highest slot count unless the devs is entirely relying on experienced bombers surviving all the way. Though funnily enough there's still no other NBCI bomber other than TBM-3D.

Though right now she receive more bonus on Ryuusei (kai), so I wonder if future Ryuusei variants (especially an upcoming night Ryuusei) would give even more bonuses.

Last edited by ofi123; 05-21-2019 at 12:47 PM.

IGN
    DLRevan
    Server
    Kanoya Airfield
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1009 Post(s)
    @ofi123 I always thought they were just waiting for the right moment to introduce an IJN night bomber, rather than just give us another TBM-3D.

Murakumo 17th June 2015
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Touch Fluffy Kumo

Rep
    Mentioned
    2614 Post(s)
    @DLRevan

I mean, they introduce the IJN night fighter this update. Thought they would introduce the night bomber together as well otherwise TBM-3D is still needed for NBCI.

IGN
    DLRevan
    Server
    Kanoya Airfield
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1009 Post(s)
    @ofi123 At least 1 other carrier can still do a lot of damage (as opposed to zero) at night with swordfish instead of TBM. It's not like we critically needed another night bomber, because for combined fleet we can only bring at most one night battle CVL anyway.

But yes that does fly in the face of why then give us more standard carrier night battlers. Maybe later in the event, there'll be something in the rewards.

Last edited by DLRevan; 05-21-2019 at 01:20 PM.
    Murakumo 17th June 2015
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Touch Fluffy Kumo

Rep
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    The weird plane distribution could have to do with a special Akagi Kai Ni (E) cut-in attack or... for a SCAMP + Saiun combo. xD

My event guides: Summer 2016 / Fall 2016
    Stream is currently offline: http://www.twitch.tv/kuronia
    Hello to you!
    [+] Spoiler

Hello!

Server
    Paramushir Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1600 Post(s)
    Appreciate the discussion. Fair point about Akagi CVN and remodel Saratoga to CVB. That is something to consider. Saratoga MkII Mod 2 is a pretty good CVB. Hmm.... Still, not thrilled with Akagi K2E slots other than the big 40 slot. Obviously situational, but I do like to have CVCI set up (at least 1 TB & DB along with fighters) when possible and 16 slot size is rather small. :/

And yes, there are limitations. Rank rarely so don't have another NB TB. Do have the fancy swordfish (glad I got that), but rarely have used it. Also good point about the limitations of combined fleet so do I really need 2x CVN? To be honest, I was thinking more in terms of single fleet anyway which does happen with events and can be useful for some normal maps as well.

Anyway, I think I'll stick with Akagi K2 for now, but I do welcome any additional advice from theorycrafting/power gaming experts on this. At some point like to get a definitive "this is the way to go" conclusion and just stick with that if possible. I suppose there's always the clone option, but meh. For me I really like the play this game without clones (and not be significantly disadvantaged). At least for me, part of the game is the girls personalities and such = individuals and it's kind of weird to have Akagi #1 and Akagi #2, etc.

IDK. Bit of a conflict for me on this. :/ Honestly wondering if I should just surrender and start to think about clones more so - Saratoga & Akagi at the top of the list (have a clone Maya which I've never used and a couple others). Issue is that I'm not playing intensely enough to work on multiple crafting/building projects. Just able to get about to cap for resources for this event. Got TONS of luck-modding still to do once (and Maruyu LSC hates me) along with some improvement projects finally done.
    @Kuropo: Ah yes, SCAMP. I do tend to forget about that. :/ Also, wasn't aware that Akagi K2E has a special cut in attack. Ugh, all these new one-off rules and such. Have enough trouble remembering all the special gun bonuses with DD these days (made a couple 12.7cm + AAFD Mod A and Mod B (2 each) just for that since gives AACI and get some bonuses as well. Works well for Poi and Ayanami, but 100% worth the cost?).

Thanks to Arkayda for the signature.

IGN
    DLRevan
    Server
    Kanoya Airfield
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1009 Post(s)
    One last thing I'd probably point out is that slot size affects night carrier damage, but not nearly as much as the stats of night planes and night-capable planes, or the slot order (night planes should be placed in 1st few slots, followed by night-capable, and each in order of their combined FP/TP/ASW stat totals). That means, strictly for the night component, Akagi E doesn't suffer much from her slot numbers, and makes a good case (at the cost of slightly less night damage) for placing a high stat regular plane (Reppu Kai, Tenzan Tomonaga, etc) in her big slot.

By the way, what I meant that rankers could have an additional NB CVs, is that an extra night fighter was a rank reward once. As I keep saying, you don't strictly need a night bomber to attack at night, it just offers the strongest CI.

Last edited by DLRevan; 05-22-2019 at 10:47 AM.
    Murakumo 17th June 2015
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Touch Fluffy Kumo

Rep
    Mentioned
    2614 Post(s)
    Argh only got +3 luck. Hopefully the IJN night CI bomber get introduce soon, otherwise she'll be in the shadows of Saratoga MKII except for event map bonuses lol.

Server
    Paramushir Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1600 Post(s)
    @DLRevan: Looked at KC Wikia again for NB CVCI (not sure how up to date it is). Seems can use a Swordfish or Iwai F/B, BUT as you say it's the weakest. Also, you either need 2x night fighter or 2x Swordfish or Swordfish + Iwai. Only way to get NB CVCI with 2 planes is night-fighter + Night bomber.

DAMN! Just found out the Suisei Model 12 (w/ Type 31 Photoelectric Fuze Bombs) counts as an NB plane. Just missed (less than 100 points) getting that because I didn't realize that ranking quest cut for when the points count is earlier than the general cut off time (i.e. it's the 12h normal period before when the time cuts off which I get from KC Wikia). *sigh* Really hope that's plane is a reward this event and NOT E-5H only. As you know, there are not a lot of NB planes, and +11 bombing is quite good. Meh. This hurts given stats (I'll take +11 bomb over +9 torps). Salty, and I'll probably get crap for the April ranking now (quest points counted towards that rather than March).

Is what it is. Do appreciate the info. I did know about 2xnight fighter + night bomber being the best NB CVCI bonus, I didn't know that the slot order. May make a difference though if I want to have both day CVCI and NB CVCI, I'm loath to put a DB in a small slot just for the NB CVCI order. Give up a bit on the NB CVCI perhaps, but better for on the way to boss & day at boss IMO.

Thanks to Arkayda for the signature.