Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      As a counter measurement to Ad spam, newly registered users are required to create a thread in the Introduction Forum before allowing to be able to reply and create threads.
      Please allow some time for posts to be approved. We thank you for your patience on this matter.
Bookmark Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Akagi Kai ni

Commander
    Rep
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Akagi Kai ni

For anyone interest Akagi Kai ni requires:
    4,500 Ammo
    8,500 Steel
    100 development materials
    2x New model aerial Armaments
    1x Action report
    1x Prototype Aircraft deck
    2x Blueprints
    not sure the lvl requirements though due to mine being 141 at the time of remodeling

IGN
    Ferreae
    Server
    鹿屋基地
    Rep
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Well for first one it's under 92...

This feels like a crime /cry

Can't remodel to cvn (though a 4 and 2 slot? really? as someone pointed out, Akagi k2 with night gear acts like a 4-slot cvn sara so not seeing any value?), so that might be 92

EDIT: confirmed it's 92

Last edited by Ferreae; 05-21-2019 at 01:30 AM.

IGN
    Harold
    Server
    Lingga
    Rep
    Mentioned
    5448 Post(s)
    This slot distribution is also weird, with lot's of medium and small slot and a large slot that isn't at top. Hard to see what's the purpose of that.

The sexiest bridge ever made.

Rep
    Mentioned
    2620 Post(s)
    Just woke up and saw the interchangeable k2, they really did both 1945 and 1946 Akagi lol . FML. Anyone knows the cost for k2 to k2e and k2e to k2?

Now gotta find a clone Akagi and level her...

IGN
    Ferreae
    Server
    鹿屋基地
    Rep
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    k2 to k2e is 2k ammo, 2.8k steel, 30 flames and 80 dev mats
    No idea the reverse

Server
    Paramushir Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1629 Post(s)
    @211303: Been a while & back for event. Been playing & keeping up (e.g. made a couple 46cm triple kai +4), but haven't been going in depth beyond the daily grind so to speak. So.... some questions starting with Akagi K2/K2E. What's your (and others) thoughts on the two remodels? My Akagi is at level 99, BUT there's definitely a cost to be had here with the BP, catapults, etc. required for each remodel on top of whatever fuel/ammo/steel. Quite expensive to do one let alone both (but yes, you do get a 5th slot).

With K2, you get few more planes, bit better stats, but really the notable advantages are the medium range (a good thing) and most of all a 5th slot. However, as you note, the slot distribution (maybe for RL ship reasons - bit of a wild guess) is as you say, pretty much what you have with Kai model and not the 1st slot for crit chance bonus with plane proficiency.

My understanding is that K2E is essentially Saratoga Mk.II (but not Mod 2) -> Akagi K2E has built in CV NB ability. Obviously helpful, but plane count & slot sizes take a big hit. Admittedly, I'm doing some mental "guesstimates", but while 20 or 21 slot size isn't all that much against potential enemy AACI emptying an entire slot, it's decent-ish and (obviously) better than 16. I'm not sure where the mathematical break point is, but while I do know that severe AACI can pretty much empty any slot (right?), if you get around 24 or perhaps as few as 20, the risk isn't so bad. CVCI is the way to go these days, and getting your DB (TB in largest slot) all shot down doesn't help with that. OTOH, the largest slot goes from 32 to 40 with K2E which is something to note.

Bottom line for me is that my initial analysis is that while builtin NB ability is nice (which is why I keep Saratoga at MkII and not Mod 2 despite CVB in the latter form), I'm not seeing any strong reason to go to K2E. It's really expensive for the remodel - including some limited items (though I have enough stockpiled), the total loss of plane count along with slot size is significant, and if I need Akagi to have CV NB ability, I can use the 5th slot for NOAP. Sure you do lose that slot for a Saiun or one more good fighter, but I don't go with CV NB all that often (and I got Saratoga for that anyway). It's one thing if you could go back and forth between each model (K2 and K2E) and only need to re modernize (bit of a pain in the ass, but not a huge deal), Even if you had to pay some ammo/steel, then maybe OK, but with all the associated costs I'm seeing (perhaps not 100% accurate), this seems to me, well, like Saratoga. Pick MK II or MK II Mod 2 and stick with it.

I'm going to upgrade my Akagi to K2 (absolutely NO reason not to do so), but leaving it at that for now. Would very much like get yours and others thoughts on all of this (including my "guesstimate" about what constitutes a decently large plane slot size against good enemy AACI).

Thanks.

Edit/PS - Do like the K2 artwork!

Last edited by goesto11; 05-21-2019 at 03:10 AM.
    Thanks to Arkayda for the signature.

IGN
    DLRevan
    Server
    Kanoya Airfield
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1013 Post(s)
    Named squadrons now take a lot less AA damage so smaller slots can live longer than they used to. But so far even with that condition I wouldn't go below 20 versus the strongest AA.

Murakumo 17th June 2015
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Touch Fluffy Kumo

Server
    Paramushir Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1629 Post(s)
    @DLRevan: Thanks. So 20+ is a decent breakpoint standard for "good" slot size against AACI after all - at least for named squadrons. I do like to use the better Suisui M22 and Ju87 skilled for the longer range as DB, and those don't count as named so....

Still, if that's the case, seems to me that it's better to leave Akagi at K2 (not sure I want to go full clone navy and have a second at K2E. Generally not how I want to approach the game). Then again, perhaps I'm missing something here about K2E (hence the posts).

Thanks to Arkayda for the signature.

IGN
    Murrue
    Server
    Hashirajima Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1594 Post(s)
    The other matter with NB CV is that so far, we only have a single NB bomber, so we can't even deploy 2 NB CV in same fleet.

IGN
    DLRevan
    Server
    Kanoya Airfield
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1013 Post(s)
    Lets say you compare her regular Kai ni and her night version. To get night capability, you'd have to give her regular form a NOAP in the 5th slot. Lets further assume you're only using max proficiency 10AA reppu or F6F-5N, and they're sitting in 1st, 2nd and 4th slots. Night version gets an additional one in her 5th slot.

In this scenario, at the beginning of sortie you'd have a grand total of 13 more air power for her night version. It's not exactly a stellar difference.

You can make the case of her night variant also being able to equip a recon instead (though at the cost of airpower), or freeing up a NOAP. Edit: After some consideration, freeing up NOAPs could be a good deal. Some people have 2 NOAPS, and some 3, Currently you can use 3 NB CVs at once, or 4 if you are a ranker. Currently, only Sara, Ark Royal (technically not a carrier night attack type) and Akagi don't need NOAPs. I might think about playing around with Akagi E and convert Sara to her CVB form in my own fleet.

@Murrue That's not true, you can deploy as many NB CVs as you have NB fighters and bombers. The best CI is with multiple NB planes true, but swordfish plus a NB plane is pretty decent too.

Last edited by DLRevan; 05-21-2019 at 12:20 PM.
    Murakumo 17th June 2015
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Touch Fluffy Kumo