Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      As a counter measurement to Ad spam, newly registered users are required to create a thread in the Introduction Forum before allowing to be able to reply and create threads.
      Please allow some time for posts to be approved. We thank you for your patience on this matter.
Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rep
    Mentioned
    2614 Post(s)
    @goesto11

Torp setup for CLT since it's really rare to get to the point of needing the power of CLT at night for 3-5 north route. I prefer to have extra opening torpedo power. Quints are good substitute for sextuple though, since CLTs get +1 torp per quint so overall it's just 2 torp less than 2 sextuple setup. It you are aiming for boss node as Ink20 mention an SS(V) would be a good substitute.

I believe CAV is possible, using the Myoukou class CAs due to (1) leveling as my CAVs are all 140+ (2) previously seaplane bombers usually don't survive at Hoppou node so loss of day sanshiki DA significantly increase chance of Hoppou getting 2nd shelling. Though with the new plane survivability update I am unsure if seaplane bombers would survive constantly enough.

As for drop rate, I am not sure if I got super lucky or there really is decreasing rate that affected others. Since I do it with the attitude of getting 1 mole per month should offset the increase cost compared to weekly 3-3 and monthly 3-5, so far I got my return well enough to continue.

Server
    Paramushir
    Rep
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    @ofi123
    Yeah, you are right (I didn't notice that our primary and secondary objectives were swapped there).
    As for jets, they may be expensive (steel became my lowest resource after phase 2, although I don't really care about resources anymore) but, since I have to avoid every type of CVCI after phase 2, they are my best way to make a CV attack first (jets can be replaced with long range DB to save resources without changing the shelling order in that comp that I posted just for reference, even though it will make things a little harder for the SSV).

@
    goesto11
    IIRC, I mixed a CAV with a CA in the past but I think I used it as a normal CA. However, if there is a SSV in the fleet you don't really need 2 CA(V) with the best anti-installation setup for Hoppo and you can use a CAV to carry more SPF.

Last edited by Ink20; 05-23-2019 at 11:41 AM.

Rep
    Mentioned
    2614 Post(s)
    Guess I'll go with Maya. She shall also be the next DE mod target after Shiratsuyu gets +1hp. Though it'll be at the earliest next event before her luck gets anywhere near effective for TCI.

Thanks for all the suggestions.