Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      As a counter measurement to Ad spam, newly registered users are required to create a thread in the Introduction Forum before allowing to be able to reply and create threads.
      Please allow some time for posts to be approved. We thank you for your patience on this matter.
Bookmark Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rep
    Mentioned
    2679 Post(s)

Who do I luck mod?

Manged to actually get a whole cake of Maruyu from 2+ months of world 3 weekly in 3-5. Since I'm done with the previous luck project I'm unsure who to feed the cake to. Would love to hear some opinions of my candidates.

My current candidates, in no order:

• Maya. Allows for NBTCI while maintaining AACI
    • Myoukou: Popular NBTCI CA
    • Choukai: Strongest NB CA
    • Ooi/Kiso: Allows NBTCI while also strengthen opening (and closing) torp
    • DDs are candidates as well

Server
    Explosive Licking Castle
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1694 Post(s)
    At this point in time I think the typical answer is 'wait for event info'.

My current project is luckmodding poi (currently 29 luck). Last event I had a cake waiting, and when I found out Myoukou had historical damage against the event final boss I used it there instead of on my half-finished poi mod. Likewise I have another cake waiting this event and I'll see who's important for E5 before using it, otherwise it goes to poi.

Apart from all that, you really can't go wrong with Maya mod for TCI+strong AACI. She hasn't seen much use in event recently but the potential utility makes it better than the other CA options, since they will all cap yasen damage anyway with 2 maxed quints.

KanDex First Completed 16 February 2016 // HQ Lvl 120! 9 March 2016 // 3rd Anniversary with Hiyou! 31 March 2018

Kancolle RPG Replay Circle アホウドリ - C97 @ ニ日目(日) 南 キ-17b
    Twitch

IGN
    DLRevan
    Server
    Kanoya Airfield
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1029 Post(s)
    Nothing to add to the above except that when you do get to Ooi/Kiso, I've been thinking about those two and realize that maybe its better to luckmod Kiso over Ooi. The reason being, Ooi's torpedo attack already hits torpedo cap with minisub. While Kiso doesn't and so actually has additional reasons to carry full torpedo than just for NBCI.

Obviously Ooi's TPCI is still better, but I'm assuming you already modded KTKM like I did. And its more likely for there to be enemies that a DA Ooi + TPCI Kiso to be useful against.

Murakumo 17th June 2015
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Touch Fluffy Kumo

Server
    Paramushir Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1678 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ofi123 View Post
    Manged to actually get a whole cake of Maruyu from 2+ months of world 3 weekly in 3-5. Since I'm done with the previous luck project I'm unsure who to feed the cake to. Would love to hear some opinions of my candidates.
    Wow! Really? Can't recall getting a Maruyu from 3-5, but perhaps maybe 1 or 2 escape memory over the years. Still, few & far between. I do 3-3 for the weekly World 3 quest other than at the start of the month. Is this is good place to farm Maruyu instead of, or in addition to, trying LSC? What comp/load out do you use? I use AV + CL + 4xDD. Works well enough (don't sparkle fleet), but not so cheap on buckets.

-----

As for your question, my thoughts FWIW. I luck modded Prinz Eugen. Pretty close to cap (though mines over-modded since long ago when I thought the cap was 60 and not 50. Still salty over that since affected couple other luck mods way back. :<). Prinz E can cap out. Still Myoukou may have enough higher stats to cap out and free a slot. Also a good choice, but event historic bonus guessing aside, see Maya below. I don't think the NB power difference between Myoukou & Choukai is worth it, but haven't crunched the numbers on this for a while so your equipment/newer equipment may be just enough to free a slot and still hit cap.

Maya's a good option. Current project of mine. Very useful with AACI + NB TCI load out. OTOH, as noted, Maya hasn't been as useful lately. Still, not a bad option to have and IMO getting both NB TCI and Maya AACI puts here ahead of Myoukou on the priority list.

Totally agree on Kiso over Ooi if you're going to luck mod a CLT after Kitakami. Just not sure whether a 2nd luck modded CLT is worth it over others since CLT tend to (but not always) be limited/restricted in current events.

As for DD, depends. Poi is the clear choice IMO and then Ayanami for obvious reasons. There are some others as well. I'll probably work on Poi myself. Like her well enough, but again one of those deals for me where I'd like to luck mod a ship a like better (but still has good enough stats such as Shimakaze or Naganami K2) vs. the more objective power-gaming analytics (clearly Poi).

Last edited by goesto11; 05-22-2019 at 02:19 AM.
    Thanks to Arkayda for the signature.

Rep
    Mentioned
    2679 Post(s)
    @goesto11

I use Hoppo route for chance of Maruyu while clearing weekly w3. Given the cost is about 1ish min LSC for clearing weekly w3 with that route, even if there's multiple retreats rarely the cost reach 2 min LSC worth, I figured I might as well go through there and try my luck. Though for the 5th mole I would LSC just in case if the decreasing drop rate for every mole in base exists since I do have a permanent mole in base.

As for the rate, it's pretty hard to say for certain. From my past data, for LSC I got 11 moles from 100 min LSC, while I got 5 moles from 100 3-5 sorties (11 of those I have to retreat before reaching Hoppo) So cost wise I would say 3-5 gave me more moles.

Server
    Paramushir Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1678 Post(s)
    @ofi123: I'd have to look at the drop rates for cost analysis, but still RNG as you know. What do you use to go North route (comp/equip). Assuming sub cheese for Hoppo node, but like particulars. Thanks.

Stopped going North at 3-5 because just cheaper to go south with comp I listed. Again, works OK-ish, but my guess is that while more expensive, you'd get a higher success rate (incl. S rank at boss) with North fleet.

As for my LSC, way back when I started off LSC for just Maruyu (and didn't get much from Yamato, et.al. construction), I got closer to what you were getting which if I recall is around stat avg. (Last I checked I think it's around 12% Maruyu with default recipe. Not sure if that's the current stat or not). Last 100 or so has had very limited success - 6 total. I get % "drop" (construct) is not a guarantee, but still sucks and expensive. My overall success rate is maybe 8 per 100. It's bloody annoying.

Rep
    Mentioned
    2679 Post(s)
    @goesto11

Pretty standard 2CA3CV1CLT build. Maximizing pre-shelling power for better chance to target Hoppou asap.

Previously I was running 3-3 for weekly w3 and 3-5 south for monthly 3-5 reset as well. But since last mid-December when I tried running 3-5 north for both for a month to see if I can get lucky and got a mole in that period, I figured if I do managed to get a mole it should balance out the extra cost of 3-5 north for weekly w3 and 3-5 monthly instead of 3-3 and 3-5 south respectively for that month.

- - - Updated - - -
    @goesto11

Pretty standard 2CA3CV1CLT build. Maximizing pre-shelling power for better chance to target Hoppou asap.

Previously I was running 3-3 for weekly w3 and 3-5 south for monthly 3-5 reset as well. But since last mid-December when I tried running 3-5 north for both for a month to see if I can get lucky and got a mole in that period, I figured if I do managed to get a mole it should balance out the extra cost of 3-5 north for weekly w3 and 3-5 monthly instead of 3-3 and 3-5 south respectively for that month.

Server
    Paramushir
    Rep
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    @ofi123
    If you want to drastically reduce retreats at Hoppo's node you can try replacing the CLT with a SSV.
    I use CA CV 5thCarDiv(with jets) Maya SSV(with SPF).

Rep
    Mentioned
    2679 Post(s)
    @Ink20

I actually don't mind retreating at Hoppou, since that is an excuse to tried my luck on Maruyu again. It's the retreat after the 2nd battle that is a pain.

Also, jets are expensive :P

Server
    Paramushir Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1678 Post(s)
    @ofi123: Thanks. That's pretty much what I have for the latest "North" comp though perhaps I cut it a bit more close with air power than I should. I think you can use CA(V) as well - right? (but not sure if needs to be 2xCAV OR 2x CA - no mix & match). OTOH, SSV with couple SPF will help out with airpower. Just depends.

Curious as to why NB TCI load out for non-luck modded Kiso. Just going with the max possible opening torp strikes? Granted her shelling won't be great, but generally don't go NB TCI unless event and/or is otherwise required. Also nice job on the equip improvement. Meh, ranked some, but rewards are hit or miss as you know. A second sextuple oxy torp around would be nice.

And yeah, jets will be expensive on this. Will try to just get basic CVCI and see where that takes me. FWIW, KC Wikia has Maruyu drop at slightly less than 1% (0.94%) so need some luck to get one, but I suppose over time one might garner a few more.