Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      As a counter measurement to Ad spam, newly registered users are required to create a thread in the Introduction Forum before allowing to be able to reply and create threads.
      Please allow some time for posts to be approved. We thank you for your patience on this matter.
Bookmark Thread
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    Server
    Paramushir Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1649 Post(s)

Spring 2019 Event Farming Thread

Perhaps a bit early, but setting this up since I think this type of thread is quite useful for events.

As for me, I've looked at farming for Ishigaki. Haven't started so just preliminary thoughts, but right now seems to me that best to do is farm for her at E-2, Boss Node L (TP Guage) on Casual Easy prior to clear. Drop rate (KC WIkia) just checked and Easy (1.3%) seems worth it over Casual (0.5%). Not quite as good as Med/Hard, but close enough for the benefit of lower difficulty. Boss Node U doesn't seem worth it given current drop rates. E-3 is combined fleet and a more difficult map,

Any thoughts on the above initial analysis is welcome along.

Thanks.

Last edited by goesto11; 05-26-2019 at 09:04 AM. Reason: correct for drop rates
    Thanks to Arkayda for the signature.

IGN
    Danielosan
    Server
    Saiki Bay Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    @goesto11 I'd say farming Node J with a sub Fleet seems more enticing. Granted there is no guaranteed drop, but it's pretty much free and a walk in the park.

Death from above!

Server
    Paramushir Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1649 Post(s)
    @Danielosama: Thanks. Generally don't like farming at non-Boss nodes because don't always get a drop (also memories of Roma farming). Can't argue about the cost, but single fleet TP Gauge ships should be pretty light on the resources. Not always getting a drop just compounds the low drop rate (currently 0.3% for Casual and 0.5% Easy). It's worth considering for sure, but right now still seems given what data we have, that, to me at least, Node L Easy (see below) is the way to go. Perhaps others can comment as well.

FYI - Just checked drop rates on KC Wikia (from Poi I think) and updated original post for Easy over Casual given more than twice the chance and my guess (again waiting for more info to start) is that the increase in difficulty for Easy vs. Casual won't be all that great and worth it for the higher drop rate.

IGN
    DLRevan
    Server
    Kanoya Airfield
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1024 Post(s)
    What I'm doing is farming with a sub fleet with enough LoS to go to the Boss node on Easy. Some subs are seaplane mules, while others are equipped for TPCI because BB hime is still built like a bunker and you need S rank. On Easy, the drop rate is half that on Hard but you get 2 chances for the drop with virtually no chance of getting sent back. Some whiffs at the boss due to no TPCI, but its fine, its not a totally wasted run with node J. Also there are transports for 50 transports weekly.

Murakumo 17th June 2015
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Touch Fluffy Kumo

Server
    Paramushir Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1649 Post(s)
    @DLRevan: Interesting. I'm on the fence between the two options. SSV cheaper, but my impression is that Surface would be more consistent w/ S-rank (but probably more buckets). Also, have to check equips to get good SS(V) Torp CI and secure S-rank. I figure use one LBAS group at Boss Node and maybe other At Node D//J (route = A->C->D->G->I->J. Right?). Those two seam most ASW enemy comps. Also not sure if, or which if any, SS(V) needed for E-3 to E-5. There were some at RL Pearl Harbor.

IGN
    Harold
    Server
    Lingga
    Rep
    Mentioned
    5453 Post(s)
    @goesto11 There is no comp in this event that require sub so far in case you are wondering.

The sexiest bridge ever made.

Server
    Paramushir Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1649 Post(s)
    @211303: That's what I needed to know. Thanks.

IGN
    DLRevan
    Server
    Kanoya Airfield
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1024 Post(s)
    In case you are still thinking of doing this, sending a LBAS squadron to boss pretty much guarantees a kill unless its the 6 ship comp, so you can weigh the costs of that versus your subs making the kill on their own, and I managed to get into the boss with 8 LoS on Easy.

Murakumo 17th June 2015
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Touch Fluffy Kumo

Server
    Paramushir Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1649 Post(s)
    FYI in case it matters to anyone. Seems Boss Node L is one of those do NOT get drop every time Boss nodes. Hate that.
    @DLRevan - Thanks I've started on this. Been using TP clearing fleet on Easy with 1-2 different DD (not sure if I'll use 1 or 2 daihatsu mules like Kisaragi or not). It's cheap-ish, but sure SS(V) will be cheaper. Big concern was the LoS. Wasn't sure what the requirement is on Easy (or did you farm on Casual).

And yeah, unless you get the 6 ship comp (I have, rip Bauxite), LBAS does the trick though I'm sending one wave to Node J to ensure S-rank there then 3 waves to Boss node. So far so good, but SS(V) is probably the way to go and may go to that shortly unless I get lucky. Wonder how Fletcher farming is. Do want.

IGN
    DLRevan
    Server
    Kanoya Airfield
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1024 Post(s)
    @goesto11 I'll find out soon I guess (assuming my last few E2 runs doesn't whack me over the head with the salt machine). I dropped Ishigaki earlier.

I actually ramped up the LBAS to double squadrons today (1 to J, 3 to L) because it was easier to AFK farm.

Murakumo 17th June 2015
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Touch Fluffy Kumo