Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      As a counter measurement to Ad spam, newly registered users are required to create a thread in the Introduction Forum before allowing to be able to reply and create threads.
      Please allow some time for posts to be approved. We thank you for your patience on this matter.
Bookmark Thread
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1150 Post(s)

Mutsu Kai Ni quest reward: Prototype Nanzan or twin 46cm?

So I had put that quest on the backburner to see if the event would offer any of these as rewards but since that's not the case, it's back on the table.

I own neither of these equipments so I'd kinda like to have both of them for the equipmentdex completion, but having 2 twin 46cms might come in useful to get another 41cm twin Kai Ni at some point (although the screws requirement is quite harsh so who knows).

Here's my list of DBs for reference:
    [+] Spoiler

Thanks in advance

Nagato 2015-03-22 / Mutsu 2015-03-22 / Hiei 2015-04-18 / Ooi 2015-05-30 / Musashi 2016-03-13 / Richelieu 2017-11-11 / Tatsuta 2018-01-18

Rep
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    I got my Prototype Nanzan a couple of years ago (when it was released) from ranking. I only ever used it on my CV(L)s on support expedition duty, but with new and better (dive) bombers released over the years, it is now just another retired plane.

If you are a collector like me, you should probably just pick up that dive bomber since it is unlikely that you will get another chance of obtaining it anytime soon, if ever. Otherwise, just choose the 46cm.
    I did the latter myself, despite having a number of other Proto 46cms (and a Proto Nanzan) already.

1 out of 0 members found this post helpful.
    My event guides: Summer 2016 / Fall 2016
    Stream is currently offline: http://www.twitch.tv/kuronia
    Hello to you!
    [+] Spoiler

Hello!

IGN
    Harold
    Server
    Lingga
    Rep
    Mentioned
    5460 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobius View Post
    So I had put that quest on the backburner to see if the event would offer any of these as rewards but since that's not the case, it's back on the table.

I own neither of these equipments so I'd kinda like to have both of them for the equipmentdex completion, but having 2 twin 46cms might come in useful to get another 41cm twin Kai Ni at some point (although the screws requirement is quite harsh so who knows).

Here's my list of DBs for reference:
    [+] Spoiler

Thanks in advance
    Nanzan's only purpose is as a anti installation db, which your suisei, f4u and ju87 can fulfill well enough.

Proto 46, in the other hand, is an ok, but not amazing support gun and a fodder for 41 cm twin k2.

Neither are high priorities, so you can pick whatever you want, but I will lean against proto 46.

1 out of 0 members found this post helpful.
    The sexiest bridge ever made.

Rep
    Mentioned
    1150 Post(s)
    @Kuropo @211303 Alright, thanks to the both of you. I think I'll go for the twin 46cm.

Guess I'll have to be satisfied with my Zuiun 631 for all my orange planes needs for the time being

Nagato 2015-03-22 / Mutsu 2015-03-22 / Hiei 2015-04-18 / Ooi 2015-05-30 / Musashi 2016-03-13 / Richelieu 2017-11-11 / Tatsuta 2018-01-18