Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      As a counter measurement to Ad spam, newly registered users are required to create a thread in the Introduction Forum before allowing to be able to reply and create threads.
      Please allow some time for posts to be approved. We thank you for your patience on this matter.
Bookmark Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    IGN
    Harold
    Server
    Lingga
    Rep
    Mentioned
    5454 Post(s)

2019 Spring Event Wrap Up Thread

Final clearing rate of each map:
    E1-2: approximately 90%
    E3: approximately 95%
    E4-5: over 95%

Most picked difficulty:
    E1-3: Hard
    E4: Around the same for Hard and Easy, but easy is higher
    E5: Easy>Hard, with Normal and Casual each accounting for 10%

The sexiest bridge ever made.

Rep
    Mentioned
    2648 Post(s)
    This event was more painful to watch others going through it than to go through it myself.

IGN
    Ari-kun
    Server
    パラオ泊地
    Rep
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Went N-E-E-E-E having started with only 4 days left on the clock. But very grateful to have gotten everyone, as well as some missed drops from the previous event, except Ishigaki. On some more on the bright side, I get to start at a higher amount of stockpile for the more dreaded summer event.

"Without love, without anger, without sorrow, breath is just a clock ticking"

Started: 11/14/14 LSC Graduation: 7/7/16 First Kandex Completion: 5/21/17
    Remaining EOS: Sagiri My K2 List

IGN
    DLRevan
    Server
    Kanoya Airfield
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1024 Post(s)
    @ofi123 I second that. Somehow it wasn't as painful for me compared to some events. Also got everyone and maintained my complete ship collection.

However costs went up. According to my trends over the course of the event, the spikes in resource burning over previous events is almost certainly due to us now having Kai Ni large ships that cost enormous amounts of resources to sortie. Since they haven't increased our resource cap or given us new tools to stockpile....guess I can't be casual about event prep anymore.

Murakumo 17th June 2015
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Touch Fluffy Kumo

IGN
    Zalfier
    Server
    Tawi-Tawi
    Rep
    Mentioned
    10469 Post(s)
    Went H-N-E-E-E for this round. Managed to get everyone new with abit of farming. Aside from E-4's unlock mechanics and Fletcher's drop location, I think event is pretty fine in all. Looking forward to the next.

Event came at a bad time for me since it was a period of time where I was much more busy than usual, as a result I only have half my usual amount of buckets to begin with and alot less sortie time than usual. Still glad I am able to finish clearing the maps with the comps I want to use, and still have enough resources for the farm. I can expect to be working with low bucket counts from here on due to circumstances, so lets hope I can keep clearing events the way I like.

KC Status: Building up the Destroyer Armada
    Other game codes: GBF: 7135808 / FKG: 982660683 / SOA: ZD7GKZA4B2

Rep
    Mentioned
    2648 Post(s)
    @DLRevan

To be fair most of when I watch was when people were bashing their heads before friend fleet arrived and those trying to clear in less than a week, since I was farming and clearing in between those 2 periods where I have leeway of friend fleet and time.

IGN
    Harold
    Server
    Lingga
    Rep
    Mentioned
    5454 Post(s)
    Well, for me, there are mainly two things I don't like about this event.

1. The general scheduling of the event.

Scheduling is really bad for both the actual starting date and the implementation of the friend fleet. The starting date has been delayed for a couple weeks, with the original hint saying it will be around GW. They didn't even bother addressing to us directly about the delay, but rather make subtle change on the wording, first changing that to Mid May, and then here we are, with the event starting on 21st.

And then we have the FF, which only arrives in E5 on 11 Jun, where over half the event has passed already. Considering how E5 is designed with FF in mind, that is extremely late. What's worse, people can't even plan their gaming schedule around the implementation of FF when the dev refused to tell us when it will be implemented. That basically prevented us from making any informed decision on our plans on the event.

2. Unreasonable design, both gameplay wise and thematic wise.

There are two main parts I am referring in this part, namely double Re class in E5 and CTF chipping.

In terms of the double Re class, my main issue isn't the actual passing rate (Ark royal event has way worse passing rate after all), but that it is a lazy attempt in lowering passing where no realistic counterplay on the player's side exist. It's kind of like sub hime before Toukai was implemented. In the case of double Re, the only thing that can have any hope in stopping that torp is opening airstrike, which you cannot bring due to STF being the only effective route. LBAS wouldn't work as well as the Re class doesn't take airstrike bonus, and the number of plane for each slot is too small to face 1/6 chance of tsu. I don't believe implementing a hurdle player cannot solve is a good design at all.

As for the CTF chipping, or rather CTF's role as a whole in this event, remember that this event is supposed to be Akagi and her fellow CV's event, as hinted by the event banner and the event theme. The clearing screen even says the core of our force is our elite CTF.

What elite CTF? CTF doesn't do anything other than limping to the boss in E4 and get 200 damage a run till the gimmick unlock. They didn't participate in anything special in this event at all. You even have to actively avoid bringing Akagi due to how FF works in this game in E5. That's just so wrong lorewise.

Other small complains including drop rate of brand new ships and very repetitive bonus ship, but well, they are nothing comparing the above two IMO. Either case, I think this is a very poor event after almost 6 months' wait. It's almost as bad as Spring E6 in terms of the amount of mess they made, and I really hope they will improve on that in Summer.

[+] Spoiler

implying there will be a Summer event after such a long delay

3 out of 0 members found this post helpful.
    The sexiest bridge ever made.

Server
    Paramushir Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1649 Post(s)
    As usual, my thanks to 211303 for guides including ship-locking (key this event) and all others who posted comps, gave advice, etc. Himeuta is still my preferred spot for event information & tactics.

As for the event, I was able to get all Hard clear and thus gain top equipment along with "rescuing" all ships. Still have a complete fleet. So no complaints about the results, but the process left something to be desired, and I don't think I'm alone on that. This was a very expensive event - including RE for me. Burned 11 or 12. :< Thankfully, I stockpiled a lot. Granted 3 were, in retrospect, probably unnecessary for E-5, but still, a lot used and we don't get THAT many of those. As for fuel, at least 270k if not 280k+ gone when you factor in expedition gains and such. Commensurate burn for ammo, steel, bauxite and buckets as well. Came in at cap w/ 2100 buckets. Good thing.

Quite a bit of RNG with this event - arguably a bit too much. I can only put my results on E-5 Part 2 down to bad RNG. Same Nagato/Mutsu fleet as many incl. load out (maybe a few "only" +7 stuff vs. +9 or max, but close enough), etc., and yet E-5 Part 2 LD was just BAD. Pass rate was bad (very bad), at the boss was bad, just bad results. Switch to Nelson fleet and marked improvement from the start. Again, plenty cleared E-5H so can't think that Nelson fleet is that much superior (if at all) so... RNG. :/ Got it done, but yeesh, "sanity", time and a lot of resources gone and that's WITH "better" Friend Fleet. Props to those who cleared w/o friend fleet. Personally, not up for that sort of thing.

As others have noted, E-4 CTF was a mess and so was E-4 farming. Drop rates were too low for the costs for sure. Doesn't matter if combined fleet farming or not. All my resource counter cares about is the net costs. Burned well over 100k fuel farming for Fletcher. That failed, but thankfully, got Fletcher on 2nd to last clear sortie. Others were much more lucky while others unfortunately not lucky at all. Seen post with 200+ sorties/A or S-ranks and nothing. Granted, farming is farming, but see above about costs. Stand by what I posted before, drop rates were too low on Fletcher for that map. E-2 farming was better if not ideal. At least 2 chances in route, and much cheaper though again drop rate was low. Not sure about farming on other maps.

There were some good aspects to this event IMO which makes it kind of frustrating. The first 3 maps were fine if not perfectly balanced. E-3 was kind of tough, but got through it well enough. Some good rewards including OP LBAS reppuu. Sure glad I upgraded some of my LBAS fighters in preparation. *sigh* Perfectly fine with 3 reward ships and 2 drops as a concept (though see above on farming). I'm good with 5 map events as well. Not the biggest fan of the (extra) large 7 map events, though a lot depends upon how many gauges, unlocking steps, etc. per map. Most of all that stuff was fine - just the RNG aspect was off. :/ Also, like the new Friend Fleet system. Hopefully, this means quicker friend fleet introduction for events. Hard-core players now have the option to just turn off friend fleets if they want more challenge at the start of the event.

In the end, certainly a mixed event. Maybe not the hardest event, but certainly frustrating ("salty") for me at times, and given some comments I've read, for others as well. Not quite say Spring 2016, but at least a few who decided to retire according to their posts. This type of RNG game can be difficult to balance, so I can understand the challenge devs face. The two long extensions were definitely beneficial to the players and props to devs for that. Still, some things to address/correct IMO. Hopefully Summer Event (or perhaps "Early Fall") will do so.

Last edited by goesto11; 06-26-2019 at 12:39 AM.
    Thanks to Arkayda for the signature.

Rep
    Mentioned
    2648 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 211303 View Post
    ...but that it is a lazy attempt in lowering passing where no realistic counterplay on the player's side exist
    At least that's just the LD. The best case for this, as well as being my reasoning of nothing bad in KC in these few years was that terrible, was E6 of Al/MI that had the old 5-5 randomness on top of very high LoS (grumble CVL saiun mule) that can off route the rare full healthy fleet right before the boss node.

Rep
    Mentioned
    2648 Post(s)
    FML. Didn't managed to use DamKami in the event, yet I just used 1 in 3-4 as every sole survivor Ru sniped Abukuma in all 3 nodes resulting in her going Chuuhai>Taihai>healthy >.>

Is this the opposite of event where DamKami works as a magnet instead of a invisibility cloak?