Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      As a counter measurement to Ad spam, newly registered users are required to create a thread in the Introduction Forum before allowing to be able to reply and create threads.
      Please allow some time for posts to be approved. We thank you for your patience on this matter.
Bookmark Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Server
    Paramushir Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1649 Post(s)

"Coming Soon" Items on KC Wikia

Saw this on KC Wikia while checking out May rewards.

Coming SoonTM

• World 7-3.
    • Player-based "friendly fleet" system.
    • Yahagi Kai Ni.
    • 3rd Remodel for Hiei, Kirishima, Haruna, Shigure

I understand that this may not be entirely up to date. For example, I've read here that the friend fleet system is probably finalized as it is. World 7-3 is simply expected at some point (as is 7-4). The rest though, I'm not so sure about the veracity of this/when mentioned, etc. so was hoping for some confirmation and perhaps an expected time line.

3rd remodels for Hiei, Kirishima, & Haruna also expected given Kongou K2C. Shigure - had no idea that was coming, and not sure why TBH. OK, not the best NB TCI DD, but fairly good - do use her from time to time, and she got a stat bump earlier anyway as I recall. It's fine, but there are a LOT of other DD without K2. Actually, a lot of ships without K2 so not sure why Kongou-class, Shigure, etc. are getting a 3rd remodel first. Anyway, so this is confirmed as well? All mine are at lvl 99 so nothing to really prep anyway I guess.

Last, but certainly not least, Yahagi K2. Finally, and hopefully she's next. Also, pleasebegoodpleasebegoodpleasebegood...! Been holding off on my luck-mod CL so would be happy to work on her as my "go to" NB TCI ship (as LSC RNG allows >_>). Yes, ABKM K2, but hopefully there's some room in this game for using a CL other than the ubiquitously useful ABKM K2 without being unduly penalized.

Thanks.

Thanks to Arkayda for the signature.

Rep
    Mentioned
    2648 Post(s)
    @goesto11

7-3
    Can't remember when it was first hinted.

Kongou class third remodel and Shigure k3.
    http://himeuta.org/showthread.php?17...tsu-(May-2019)

Yahagi k2 (google for her, the video I used in thread was removed)
    http://himeuta.org/showthread.php?16...=1#post1234749

1 out of 0 members found this post helpful.

Server
    Paramushir Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1649 Post(s)
    @ofi123: Thanks for the confirm. As noted, most interested in Yahagi K2. Hopefully good & implemented before next event.

Server
    Buin
    Rep
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)
    I wonder when they'll implement atago/takao K2.

Rep
    Mentioned
    2648 Post(s)
    @Ren

They still have a better chance than Aoba k2...

Server
    Buin
    Rep
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)
    There have been no love for heavy cruisers recently.

Server
    Paramushir Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1649 Post(s)
    @Ren: Yep. I'd like to see K2 for Takao and Atago as well. Like a K2 for Prinz Eugen for that matter. This is why I'm confused with devs handing out 3rd remodels for ships like Kongou-class (and I like Kongou. First ringed ship) and Shigure. TBH, why Kai B or D instead of K2 for ships like Isokaze & Hamakaze? Should had K2 for those and commensurate stats.

IGN
    DLRevan
    Server
    Kanoya Airfield
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1024 Post(s)
    @goesto11 Kongou class ships have been relegated to the gutter in recent years. They're not even that useful (as a group of 4) for locking because of the increase in other FBBs over the years, all of whom are better than them. They only consistently appear outside support now when they have a historical bonus. Personally I think that's a sad state for the BBs who have been poster girls for the game for a long time, so improving them now and re-hyping them makes sense to me.

As for Shigure, she's getting an anime. I think that's reason enough.

I don't think ships like Isokaze and Hamakaze will get K2 anytime soon, if ever. They are comparable on most stats with other K2. They just lack offensive stats on the same level in exchange for a special focus, yet they're still very much better than Kai. You should probably consider them being essentially K2, the naming just isn't the same.

Murakumo 17th June 2015
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Touch Fluffy Kumo

Server
    Paramushir Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1649 Post(s)
    @DLRevan: Bit interesting for you to say that "Kongou class ships have been relegated to the gutter in recent years" given that I sortied Hiei and Kirishima this event. It's not unusual to sortie Kongou-class K2 in an event. Not the best BB, but they were not the best BB either in WWII, and at least a good part of ship stats and such are supposed to be based upon RL ship stats. Not only that, there are a LOT of ships that "have been relegated to the gutter" for years... due to lack of a K2. LOT of DD fall into this category, but there are others. For example, does anyone use Richeliue much? Rarely use Italian FBB. At K2, they [Kongou-class] are still a good value for what you get - that matters more and more lately. If devs allow for any ship to be used on any map (Hard/Med) post clear, I'm sure I'll be using Kongou class K2 for farming unless some historic bonus reasons. Well, maybe not K2c versions (or whatever letter they use) given Kongou K2c ammo cost. Frankly, you could say the same about Bismarck Drei. 3-4 years ago or so, a top ship to have, but these days? You'll want a good NB CA over Bismarck Drei unless maybe highly luckmodded or something like E-5 where I dusted her off to be an NB equipment mule. Pretty rare for me to use Bismarck Drei in an event anymore unless some historic bonus. Don't use her much on normal maps either, especially after KC 2.0 changes.

It's all about the historic bonus with events now which IMO is the devs way of trying to make more ships useful (and induce players to buy slots). Speaking of Bismarck Drei, well RIP her being much beyond "has good armor so NB equipment mule" - if that, once the rest of Kongou K2C/etc. come out. Haruna K2C/etc. I'd assume will have torps like Kongou K2C. With her high default luck will that make her the go to NB TCI BB now. She'll be just one Maruyu set away from capping out for NB TCI luck. Yay more ships to luck mod.

OK, Kongou-class were some of the game's poster girls way back (again, Kongou was my favorite when I started and still one of my favorites), but the game is well past the early days, and it needed to do so. Not enough IJN notable ships for the game to be around for 5+ years. To be clear, "notable" as in you can't just give only DE/CDS, misc. auxiliary, DD, etc. as the new ships once you run out of BB/CV and even CA. I just don't find "was poster girl" a compelling reason to introduce K2c/etc. before K2 for other ships. Speculation, but I think there is reason to conclude that if Tanaka had any idea how popular the game would be, it would have been more like AZ or the other KC knock-offs from the start with ships from various WWII nations and not so IJN focused. Again, just not enough IJN capital ships to go around for years and years. Besides, if we are talking about "poster girls" for the game - especially from the start, that would be Fubuki, and when is the last time anyone used Fubuki K2 much? Even then, while not a great K2, somewhat useful - more so than vast majority of Kai DD. Still, should I expect Fubuki K2a/b/c/etc. given rationale you posted above? Shimakaze was a fan favorite early on and I'd say one of the "poster girls" as well. Just gathering dust these days. DD NB DA is a thing of the past, and she wasn't around enough battles to get many event historic bonuses in events. Could luck mod I guess luck mod, but why bother with Poi K2 and Ayanami K2 around (or Shiranui, Asashio, Kagerou, and Naganami)?

Bottom line is that I get WHY they are doing it, but I don't necessarily agree with the timing at least. Too many ships without K2 - and not just DD (Ren has a point) which leads me to...

----

Not a fan at all of the "Kai B/C/D/etc." To me it's half-assed K2, and utterly unnecessary. Just give Tanakaze, Isokaze, Hamakaze, etc. a proper K2. Lower the offensive stats is a BIG deal as you well know. It's not something you can just casually toss aside. 142-143 NB power puts them just below the worst K2, but Shigure & Hatsushimo have high default luck = built in NB TCI ships. In fact, if Tanakaze, Isokaze, Hamakaze, etc. are "good enough", then Shigure K2 is certainly good enough as is. I don't think it's accurate to say they are "essentially K2" and "just not in name". The name isn't the same because they are not true K2 remodels. Why the devs went with the whole Kai B/D/etc in the first place is baffling. Frankly, why K2C rather than K3 as well, but that's arguably less of an issue.

----

As for the anime, so what in terms of game play and ships waiting on K2? I get the marketing aspect, but that's all it is. It doesn't change any of my above points.

Last edited by goesto11; 06-30-2019 at 05:49 AM. Reason: clarification

Rep
    Mentioned
    2648 Post(s)
    I would say it depends on whether they have a limit on k2/k3 and if kai ABCD doesn't count in the k2 limit (k2 ABCD for k3). I am saying this as it seems to be a limit from the line chart in one of the magazine showing the number of ships and k2 seemingly implied the k2 count is set to 50% of the girls with the k2 increase rate seemingly stopping to that level.

If that was the case, it's plenty reasonable for kai ABCD (k2 ABCD) to be implemented to go around this limit to buff ships that are going to be used in the coming event. Pretty much all the ships that got this treatment either had historical bonus or being in friend fleet in the following events after those mid-gen remodels.