Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      As a counter measurement to Ad spam, newly registered users are required to create a thread in the Introduction Forum before allowing to be able to reply and create threads.
      Please allow some time for posts to be approved. We thank you for your patience on this matter.
Bookmark Thread
Page 34 of 48 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast
    Newly Registered
    Rep
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    @scripted Yes they were, but they should've fixed it by now. They also gave us some make ups for maintenance downtime

@Sighto I started playing when there was a line of events which made me "rich" along with beginner rewards so I just leveled up anyone I thought could be of use. I can't even imagine how much money and resources were wasted on not-so-useful characters lol.

I don't know about lists and neither I do about what buffs can stack or not.

I took my time today to check my list (almost all characters) and to be honest you can never know which character will be helpful apart from some actually useless characters.

Red font - 4*
    Blue font - 3*
    Green font - 2*

Bold and Underline - very useful and worth leveling-up character IMO.

IT'S UNIVERSALLY USEFUL TO HAVE BRAVE GENERATING UNITS

Updated characters who I had no info about before:
    Summer Characters:
    Swimsuit Masamune - about as useful as the normal one
    Swimsuit Himiko - Can do barriers but can only heal a single row now, still on par with normal Himiko, slightly stronger
    Swimsuit Seimei - Just your typical magician, but this time with up to -50% magic debuff with her second skill, obviosly better choice than normal Seimei
    Ashoka - One of the strongest Green types I think, with some strong, fixed AOE and optional transformation for physical attacks. Worth having since there aren't many good green types.
    Columbus - Super strong rifler, good nuker with high dmg "+" hero skill and way over 700+ attack stat possible. It's like a more "raw power" Kublai with limited range
    Alexander the Great - From what I can understand from her stats she is garbage, but she can probably get stronger and stronger the longer the battle continues. She benefits well from +DMG Enchant since her hero skill hits six times.
    Tutankhamun - Nice passive, in coffin mode she can AOE slow down opponents without dealing damage, after Open Sesame transformation she is a good healer and can cast big AOE heavy curse. Not really a vital character, but has miscellaneous uses so it's worth having.
    Hawkwood - Great Brave generation and massive self speed-up (up to 70%) in one skill. Definitely worth having for longer brave-starved battles.
    Liu Bang Not much firepower but can cast AOE attack enchant for some serial 1-hit wonders. Needs short charging. If you don't have Napoleon she is the way to go, you rarely need three-way enchant, but it's cool to have.

Having the above in mind I think it's vital to gather:
    - Nukers of all types and styles (single target like Gilgamesh/Geronimo or AOE like Kublai/Napoleon/Arthur (very strong). It's great if they have a useful buff/debuff like Napoleon does.
    - Multi-job characters who have at least two useful non-combat attributes like brave steal/removal, healing, buff/debuff.
    Merlin and Huayna Capac seem to fit the description as Merlin has healing and minor buffs and Capac has row healing and massive brave removal. BOTH of these characters can generate brave on wait command with a specific item (Megin Gjord)

Some other characters which might be of use
    For survival:
    Himiko of course if you need some good healing, in both normal and summer variations (alternatives: Imhotep, Huayna Capac, Hunefer, probably more)
    In case there is a boss who can K.O. in a single hit then Enkidu (-75% dmg 4brave) and Galahad (-30dmg 2brave) make good AOE shields
    Summoners? I think summoners like Sun Tzu, PJ, Qin are absolutely useless but I am sure there will be a place for them someday. Sun Tzu's summons can move targets without doing damage, useful for current challenge.

For useful offensive traits:
    Nero deals an AOE deadly poison and up to -50% physical def debuff for 4 brave, for some bosses it might come handy, she is an offensive magician apart from that. Scorpion can deal deadly poison too and debuff magic attack by up to 50%, really useful for current challenge.
    Newton's hero skill can hurt, weaken (up to -80% physical def) and slow down (fixed -100 speed) your enemies but it needs six brave and need charging, she is offensive too, so not much HP - 70+ level recommended. If you lack magic attackers for the current challenge she might be the answer so you can use physical attacks but you will pretty much sacrifice her in the process.
    Achilles has OP speed and delay so you can use her to deal smaller amounts of damage (and farm some brave) to front row enemies before anyone else gets to move, has nice nuke skill as well. Definitely worth having even for faster special mission routine.

Damage Buffers (no pure luck/speed enhancers and def buffers):
    Ryouma (up to +50% Physical Attack and +100% Luck, single row AOE),
    Belamy (up to 70% magic and physical attack buff - probably highest in the game. It's AOE "+" where Belamy is the center and takes 4 brave. I thought she alone would be enough but i was wrong)
    Napoleon (attack enchant on single ally - next attack by the target will deal DOUBLE damage, useless for AOE and multi-hit attacks)
    Dante (up to 50% magic attack buff + 70-75% magic def buff, all for only 1 brave, probably the most useful single-target magic atk buff) - Hard to level up because it's a fresh character, but probably very useful for current challenge if not the best.
    Bartholomew (up to 50% magic attack buff "+" AOE, most likely stacks). Cheap and easy to bring up.
    Kamehameha (+50% physical attack "+" aoe, 2 brave and low delay) - her Hero Skill affects whole enemy side and gives -50% physical attack to everybody, but it's slow (needs charging) and has awfully long delay. It might come in handy in the future though.
    TBA

There are also Damage Enchanters but I am not 100% how they work, I only know it applies for every attack (so AOE and multiple hit attacks I guess) so it could be useful, but I don't know what exactly the damage here means. If it's just pure additional damage then it seems useful only for beginners, I need to test it and report back
    Jesse James (max 300~DMG enchant, and 50% luck, row AOE) - meh I guess
    Merkator (up to 700~ DMG enchant)
    Aisu (up to 1250 DMG enchant)

Debuffers for higher DMG inflicted on enemies (ignoring nearly useless characters like Grace O'Mary):
    Mihirakula (All stats -20% + forgetfulness, only 1 brave. For only 3 brave she has a -100 speed attack, high delay though) - Useful single target character.
    Aristoteles - Beast of a support - second skill casts Penetration AND wait +20 (up to +30 maxed). Hero skill is massive - an AOE attack enchant, all stats up to 30% and clears any negative effects. She is a gem and I never noticed it.
    Tamuramaro - AOE Penetration Enchant to make several enemies vulnerable.

Other useful traits, but there is no need to level them up that much most of the cases (this challenge now actually requires high HP...):
    1. charge block to stop attack which need charging (useful for true route):
    Cambysses, Vasco da Gama (NOT AN ATTACK, GREAT FOR CURRENT CHALLENGE!, Berlihingen, Nobunaga, probably more that I didn't check or deemed too costly on brave.
    2. Brave remove (vital for true route final)
    Drake (absolute beast for true route final boss, must have if you plan on replaying it), the new Taishang Laojun (but it's a high DMG hero skill requiring EIGHT brave and has a recoil of 30%, phew)
    Already mentioned Huayna Capac, Palamedes, Eumenes,
    3. Brave generation skills/characters
    Machiaveli (AOE buff increasing brave on damage up to 50% more and also +50% luck)
    Marie Antoinette ("+" AOE up to +100% luck and 1 brave for every unit under effect, so max 5 brave at the cost of 3, not much generation here :P) - She has a very interesting hero skill, which apart from doing minor damage to the whole row (always critical though) she makes them go berserk, if used correctly this skill is HUGE and costs only 3 brave. Has a longish delay (can be countered with items)
    Hawkwood - already explained at the top, very good brave generator
    Montezuma - Sacrifices herself for 7 brave, very situational. No need to level her up since she sacrifices herself quickly, just keep her in the last row.

Characters who can generate brave because of items:

On wait command (Megin Gjord, level 25):
    Drake
    Arthur
    Tutankhamun

Taishang Laojun
    Rurik
    Masamune (Swimsuit version as well)

Protagonist >.>
    Eumenes
    Merlin
    Huayna Capac
    Marco Polo

Yoshitsune
    Kamehameha
    Percival
    Ywain
    William Kidd
    Mordred
    Montezuma
    Seimei (including Swimsuit version)
    Goemon (limited chara, great nuker T.T Just read about her and Galileo today)
    Bedivere

Mihirakula
    Tadataka
    Hammurabi
    Caesar
    Pian del Carpine
    Benkei
    Lu Bu
    Leif Erikson
    Balin
    Hannibal
    Bolts

Beginning of the turn (Emerald Tablet, level 80)
    Kublai Khan
    Ivan Grozny

Jade Mask (level 50) and Benben Stone (level 80) should also be useful since you get 1 brave if your ally gets attacked. With one exception every character who can wear the mask can also wear the stone:
    Himiko
    Swimsuit Himiko
    Ivan Grozny

PJ

Wang Zhi
    Liu Bang (only Benben Stone!)

Rozetta Stone (level 80) gives 2 Brave at the start of the fight (don't know if it stacks):
    Imhotep
    Belamy

Other useful characters are those who can hit high and consistently, reach high levels of magic/physical attack. These are useful for daily routine:
    Vlad Tepes - THE best offensive Green type in the game as far as I am concerned, high attack potential and damaging abilities and actually interesting chara story.
    Sir Kay - Magic attack way above 700 is possible and it's a straight line aoe cannon, great damage, also nice HP
    Billy the Kid - Vulnerable but hits high and quickly, very low delay, I think 750+ physical attack easily achievable
    Balin - If you don't have Geronimo, she is another Berserker you can have instead, but prioritize Geronimo imho. Balin's advantage is that her hero skill is AOE, but it's not that strong.
    Marco Polo - Pure quick and hard damage, since she is Kublai's lover they both support each other well with their passives.
    Darius - Sturdier Alternative to Marco Polo at the cost of some damage.
    Hector - Nice range, good damage and good-enough delay. Useful for map missions like during story replays.
    Others:
    Appleseed - General great attack debuffer, with her Troyan Horse-like summon she can debuff a whole row of enemies. It will attack your allies but at low damage.

I will update this soon and maybe tidy it up. Soon™

2 out of 0 members found this post helpful.
    Last edited by tsu; 12-06-2019 at 01:00 PM.

Commander
    Rep
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    @tsu Amazing guide thank you. Here are some clears from youtube
    Physical team
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpzHNcPo-Hs
    3* max
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUrvpKzGsZk

1 out of 0 members found this post helpful.

Newly Registered
    Rep
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    @Nema I tested the attack enchant today so apparently it DOUBLES the damage, so Napoleon's worth goes up although she is a bit slow. So I guess Penetration enchant on enemy does the opposite (doubles damage taken), gonna check it now. Maybe with some preparation and last minute effort I can somehow clear it.

- - - Updated - - -

Also updated the guide, still some charas/info to be added.

Rep
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)

Seeing as you talk about a units, cannot miss an opportunity to showcase my at least bit leveled units (too sad i still don't know names of some of them)...

Newly Registered
    Rep
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    @SpeedMaster I want Galileo so much aaaaaaaaaaaaa

Nice collection, some characters were a waste of money and resources but anyone has some. The new Diogenes seems like literally the worst character added recently.

Rep
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    You don't have her? She was event freebie iirc.

Newly Registered
    Rep
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    @SpeedMaster I wasn't playing then. I started when Egyptian Event with Oziris Boss fight begun.

Rep
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Ah, I see. Well, it's possibly we will have a rerun soon, seeing as they rerunning second event already.

Also, there is no such a thing as waste of money and resources when it's about waifus (Tho i wish we could get more money, we can't ever have enough money in this game)

Newly Registered
    Rep
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Because some players weren unable to collect daily bonus for release celebration it got extended. How Japanese...

Rep
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    @tsu Thanks for the amazing write-up!