Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      As a counter measurement to Ad spam, newly registered users are required to create a thread in the Introduction Forum before allowing to be able to reply and create threads.
      Please allow some time for posts to be approved. We thank you for your patience on this matter.
Bookmark Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    IGN
    Harold
    Server
    Lingga
    Rep
    Mentioned
    5515 Post(s)

2019 Summer event info thread

The dev has announced that the next event will start in late August.

As usual, this is a consolidated thread for those who are unsure, panicking or have questions about their readiness for the upcoming Summer 2019 Kancolle event. Any new info concerning the upcoming event will be posted in this thread as well.

Please include the following the following information when asking for advice. They are crucial for providing a customized plan for you.

1. Full ship and equipment list
    2. Current resources
    3. Event goal (difficulty, ship to farm, etc)
    4. Average playing time per day before and in the event

Side notes:

All event related threads will henceforth be automatically merged with this thread, to consolidate all discussion about the event.

Currently known event info:

1. Event will start on 30 Aug.
    2. It will consist of 3 maps.
    3. It will be based in Europe.
    4. Confirmed drop/reward:

Johnston, an Italian cruiser with a very long name
    5. E1 will be about using our fleet at Brest to defend Brittany from incoming abyssal.
    6. E1 will be a normal fleet map while E2 will be a combined fleet map.

Last edited by 211303; 08-25-2019 at 05:54 AM.
    The sexiest bridge ever made.

Rep
    Mentioned
    2674 Post(s)
    Brest huh? Guess we are reaching the North Sea. I wonder if we'll reach the Baltic.

Also event starting later half of next week.Lucky for me since I won't be able to do much from mid this week to end of next week due to camp.

Last edited by ofi123; 08-19-2019 at 01:48 AM.

IGN
    Danielosan
    Server
    Saiki Bay Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Well, since this thread is up, might as well use it and ask what should be my priorities when it comes to equipment improvements.

My equipment list.

Thanks for the answers.

Last edited by Danielosama; 08-20-2019 at 08:44 PM.

Death from above!

IGN
    Harold
    Server
    Lingga
    Rep
    Mentioned
    5515 Post(s)

E1 will be a normal fleet map while E2 will be a combined fleet map.

IGN
    Harold
    Server
    Lingga
    Rep
    Mentioned
    5515 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Danielosama View Post
    Well, since this thread is up, might as well use it and ask what should be my priorities when it comes to equipment improvements.

My equipment list.

Thanks for the answers.
    Mk7 to +4, all quint to +4, all late model quad to max (extra bonus at max), one kami tank to max.

1 out of 0 members found this post helpful.

IGN
    Danielosan
    Server
    Saiki Bay Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    @211303 Thanks.
    What about the new ASW gear? Are there any interesting synergies or any reason to upgrade it to CD?

Death from above!

IGN
    Harold
    Server
    Lingga
    Rep
    Mentioned
    5515 Post(s)
    @Danielosama

As a pure ASW gear it sucks because it works like the ASW rocket and T3 DC thrower conc in terms of synergy, as in it only synergies with Sonar, but not DC or DC thrower, while at the same time have low base stat.

As an installation equipment, it is worse than WG and the T4 rocket against soft skin installation (e.g. 4-3, 4-5 boss), traditional hard skin (e.g. 6-4 boss), pillbox and Supply depot. We do not know about how it does against Summer installation and event specific ones though. Tests are still undergoing, but the actual bonus against softskin is confirmed:

Base mortar (x1): x1.2+30
    Base mortar (x2): x1.56+55
    Base mortar (x3): x1.56+75
    Mortar conc (x1): x1.2+60
    Mortar conc (x2): x1.56+110
    (source)

For now, this equipment is basically a hybrid equipment for both ASW and anti-installation. One interesting build, for example, would be Ooyodo with gun+sonar+DC conc+DC conc+gun for both oasw and ASW, but you need near max level and max ASW mod for that to reach OASW line. Something like KTKM with sonar+DC conc+midget sub while farming an installation map with sub might be good too for increasing passing rate.

All in all, not something important to upgrade for now. Would also advice you to wait till the event before completing the arsenal quest that ask you to choose between 3 mortar and T4 rocket, as you would want to see what the event rewards are first.

Last edited by 211303; 08-21-2019 at 09:38 PM.

IGN
    Danielosan
    Server
    Saiki Bay Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    @211303 I see, thanks for the answers.
    Yeah, as will all these "new equipment quests", I was planning on waiting until the Event (even though I got one mortar and one rocket from ranking).
    I reckon the anti-installation Type 4 Rocket is not that interesting either right? Last I heard, it was quite weaker than WG42.

Death from above!

IGN
    Harold
    Server
    Lingga
    Rep
    Mentioned
    5515 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Danielosama View Post
    @211303 I see, thanks for the answers.
    Yeah, as will all these "new equipment quests", I was planning on waiting until the Event (even though I got one mortar and one rocket from ranking).
    I reckon the anti-installation Type 4 Rocket is not that interesting either right? Last I heard, it was quite weaker than WG42.
    Not exactly.

One T4 is weaker than WG against soft skin, but stacking is a different story. You can refer to this graph:

X axis is firepower of the ship, Y axis is attack power, blue line is wg x2, orange line is wg+t4, while grey line is t4 x2.

Basically, t4 x2 is the best between the three for any ship with more than 60 fp (so pretty much all applicable ship) against softskin, while wg x2 is only stronger than wg+t4 when the ship has more than 103 fp (think only tone class with high upgrade can match that?).

Again, it's against soft skin only so we don't know if that applies to other installations.

IGN
    Danielosan
    Server
    Saiki Bay Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    @211303 Huh, that's interesting for sure. The required FP, is it base only, or does it take into account gear?
    And btw, is there any list of which Abyssals are soft skin and which ones aren't? I always have a hard time differetianting the installation ennemies.

Death from above!