Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      As a counter measurement to Ad spam, newly registered users are required to create a thread in the Introduction Forum before allowing to be able to reply and create threads.
      Please allow some time for posts to be approved. We thank you for your patience on this matter.
Bookmark Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Server
    Paramushir Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1678 Post(s)
    Bit late, but... E-1 Hard Cleared

Sorties - 8 (4x S-rank, 2x A rank, 2x retreat)
    SSV Sparkled all sorties (this is important).

Clearing Fleet
    [+] Spoiler

**NOTE! Right after I took this screen shot, I replaced the HP Boiler on I-26 with Late Model Bow Torpedo Mount (6 tubes). Reason is that I decided that a bit more offense might be worth the hit to evasion bonus. Worked out well enough and kept that the rest of the way. Also used "named planes" though I have better stat DB as I didn't want to worry about emptied slots (though that's probably not a concern here). So maybe a small item to be improved. Also, another mistake. >_> Should have had TB in Shouhou's first spot. LOL, well, good thing it's E-1 I suppose.

LBAS - Hayabusa 64th, Type 1 Nonaka, 2x Ginga to boss node. This got AP both waves or even AP -> AS (2nd wave) once.

Lastly, decided to go with TB + DB + 2x fighters rather than TB + 2xDB + fighter on Shouhou since that way I had plenty of airpower and could make I-26 a bit more dodgy and have decent torps (once torps put on). Did lose a possible CVCI combo, but happy with how this load out worked.

Comments:

• Used CL + 5xDD (incl. 2x "common Kai" models at level 81) for unlocking Nodes A & D, then dropped a common kai DD for Richeliue for S-rank at Nodes K & L. No issues.
    • Started off a bit slow - Retreat followed by A rank at boss because I screwed up and forgot some Surface RADAR will also work for AACI. :/ Guess Fubuki emptied French BB Himes planes since Boss taiha'd Richelieu during day battle and thus RIP NB for me. Corrected that mistake and then things went better. Last 4 sorties were all S-rank (incl. final kill) and I had one S-rank in day with T-cross Adv.
    • Like others, RNG decided to play nice with me. Got Mikura on 2nd to last sortie so no farming needed at E-1 post clear. Just need to get Grecale at some point.
    • Not much else to say really that hasn't been said. Fairly straight forward & Richelieu is definitely good to have given bonuses. Just don't make a mistake like I did and have a DD with an AACI load out. >_<.

Last edited by goesto11; 09-10-2019 at 02:15 AM. Reason: addition
    Thanks to Arkayda for the signature.

IGN
    DLRevan
    Server
    Kanoya Airfield
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1026 Post(s)
    Is there any particular reason why everyone is going CEHLN with a fleet like Fast 1FBB 1CVL 1CL 3DD when it could take the north route CEFGMN with a sub battle replacing a 3rd surface battle instead...

Did I miss something about routing, that sub node's comp or did people just copy 211303's or someone else's notes without taking into account the sub tank strat on the KC wikia?

Murakumo 17th June 2015
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Touch Fluffy Kumo

IGN
    Harold
    Server
    Lingga
    Rep
    Mentioned
    5515 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DLRevan View Post
    Is there any particular reason why everyone is going CEHLN with a fleet like Fast 1FBB 1CVL 1CL 3DD when it could take the north route CEFGMN with a sub battle replacing a 3rd surface battle instead...

Did I miss something about routing, that sub node's comp or did people just copy 211303's or someone else's notes without taking into account the sub tank strat on the KC wikia?
    I find the bottom route has higher passing rate rather than risking against flagship sub opening torp in echelon formation.

Richelieu will nuke the boss anyway, and the better opening strike will be better at killing mob.

The sexiest bridge ever made.

Server
    Paramushir
    Rep
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    @DLRevan
    I was considering the sub tank at first but it looked like a nice source of retreats so I went without it and the results were perfect.

IGN
    DLRevan
    Server
    Kanoya Airfield
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1026 Post(s)
    @211303 @Ink20 Curious as while its a relatively easy map for most, I find that for those who actually struggle, because they have lacklustre fleets in general or lack Richelieu, it's really a lack of firepower to crack the boss that plagues that group. Full ammo modifier would certainly help there, even if passing rate is somewhat worse.

When I cleared this, I just went with a sub and the south route. I was surprised to see on the Wikia that it only recommended the south route and made no mention at all of a sub strat. Yesterday was the first time I actually saw the page, when a friend highlighted this question to me during his planning.

It does include a sub comp now though. Lol...

Last edited by DLRevan; 09-10-2019 at 02:22 PM.
    Murakumo 17th June 2015
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Touch Fluffy Kumo

Rep
    Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    When I cleared this, I just went with a sub and the south route. I was surprised to see on the Wikia that it only recommended the south route and made no mention at all of a sub strat. Yesterday was the first time I actually saw the page, when a friend highlighted this question to me during his planning.

These days, wikia is usually far behind in terms of fleet recommendations. I think reddit is a better place to gather such information. I mainly use wikia for enemy patterns and routing rules nowadays. Other pretty good sources for fleet comps are kitongame.com and zekamashi.net.

My event guides: Summer 2016 / Fall 2016
    Stream is currently offline: http://www.twitch.tv/kuronia
    Hello to you!
    [+] Spoiler

Hello!

IGN
    DLRevan
    Server
    Kanoya Airfield
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1026 Post(s)
    @Kuropo Hmm....I usually pop by jp wikiwiki, since it seems like wikia basically updates its routing info from there, often incompletely.

I'm just tickled by the idea that there is some possibility someone or someones are kind of lifting the advice here (which is fine), but kind of wholesale without really thinking about it. Someone does seem to have added the sub comp after I commented here...

Murakumo 17th June 2015
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Touch Fluffy Kumo

IGN
    Harold
    Server
    Lingga
    Rep
    Mentioned
    5515 Post(s)
    @211303 @Ink20 Curious as while its a relatively easy map for most, I find that for those who actually struggle, because they have lacklustre fleets in general or lack Richelieu, it's really a lack of firepower to crack the boss that plagues that group. Full ammo modifier would certainly help there, even if passing rate is somewhat worse.

Well, I think you answered it yourself. The population here is generally old, and so far everyone who have posted are using Richelieu, which solves the firepower on her own. Of cos the higher passing rate route will be preferred here.

The sexiest bridge ever made.

Rep
    Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    @Kuropo Hmm....I usually pop by jp wikiwiki, since it seems like wikia basically updates its routing info from there, often incompletely.
    I think that website is such a mess to navigate. Asian websites are always so cluttered. :/
    I don't try clearing event maps on release day anymore, so I am fine waiting a bit and gather my intel from other sources. Also, considering that I have maxed out the entire fleet roster, I am not worried about ships being locked out or sub-optimal comps either.

Last edited by Kuropo; 09-10-2019 at 11:09 PM.
    My event guides: Summer 2016 / Fall 2016
    Stream is currently offline: http://www.twitch.tv/kuronia
    Hello to you!
    [+] Spoiler

Hello!

Server
    Paramushir Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1678 Post(s)
    @Kuropo - one definitely has an advantage being fluent in Japanese (obviously, LOL given Japanese game). My event sources (in order of preference) are here, then KC Wikia, then Reddit (just added recently). It does seem that Reddit is faster with information than KC Wikia. OTOH, I imagine (in theory at least), maybe more vetting on KC Wikia though that may not be accurate. Plus KC Wikia is better organized (presentation) than Reddit IMO. Used to use KC Wiki as well, but seems quite the information delay for that. Thus, kind of have to wait as it is to start event which does have its benefits as well. Bit later than I'd normally like with this event given not farming prior to clear, but eh, I guess I'll have the friend fleet option if I need it. Might try E-2 w/o friend fleet and see how that goes. Not sure how hard E-3 is after debuff. Gather debuff is only for LD so that may mean some slow chipping w/o friend fleet.

Thanks to Arkayda for the signature.