Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      As a counter measurement to Ad spam, newly registered users are required to create a thread in the Introduction Forum before allowing to be able to reply and create threads.
      Please allow some time for posts to be approved. We thank you for your patience on this matter.
Bookmark Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Rep
    Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by goesto11 View Post
    @Kuropo - one definitely has an advantage being fluent in Japanese (obviously, LOL given Japanese game). My event sources (in order of preference) are here, then KC Wikia, then Reddit (just added recently). It does seem that Reddit is faster with information than KC Wikia. OTOH, I imagine (in theory at least), maybe more vetting on KC Wikia though that may not be accurate. Plus KC Wikia is better organized (presentation) than Reddit IMO. Used to use KC Wiki as well, but seems quite the information delay for that. Thus, kind of have to wait as it is to start event which does have its benefits as well. Bit later than I'd normally like with this event given not farming prior to clear, but eh, I guess I'll have the friend fleet option if I need it. Might try E-2 w/o friend fleet and see how that goes. Not sure how hard E-3 is after debuff. Gather debuff is only for LD so that may mean some slow chipping w/o friend fleet.
    I think wikia's drop in update speed is attributed to (former) dedicated editors/admins leaving that scene. Though, Wikia does indeed still have the advantage of the best presentation and features (imo).
    My impression of KC Wiki is that they are just copying the wikia. Many of their pages are just carbon copies of wikia's with slightly different layout.
    Reddit has the quickest updates and best (early) information. Their tweet translations are also very quick online. (Whereas it often takes wikia hours of even longer nowadays.)
    Although a very small community, I think himeuta is still the best due to the veterancy of the (still) active members. As a great side effect of that, I don't have to scroll through pages of memes and whiners, unlike those websites. I sometimes do scrolls down there to indulge myself in their salt and laugh at them. l0l Some of them are plain toxic though.

My event guides: Summer 2016 / Fall 2016
    Stream is currently offline: http://www.twitch.tv/kuronia
    Hello to you!
    [+] Spoiler

Hello!

Server
    Paramushir Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1678 Post(s)
    @Kuropo: Have read that there's been some turnover with KC Wikia for various reasons. There does seem to be a slow down in gathering info - understandable if you have a reduced staff (of sorts). Bit unfortunate though for those who use KC Wikia a lot. And yes, grateful for the guides and walkthroughs on Himeuta. Not sure of the visit stats (seems some have moved on. E.g. haven't seen Leyana around for quite some time. Not sure if moved on from KC or not), but have about 230 guests right now which something in terms of people benefiting from the information. Have seen higher numbers years past, but this has never been a big site like KC Reddit or KC Wikia.

As for KC Wiki, my impression (just that) was that it was more of a second "vetting" of information. So behind KC Wikia info, but a bit more reliable. Not sure if that's correct though. Never been a Reddit fan/user, but well, is what it is these days so starting to go on that site as well. Salt thread can be cathartic I suppose LOL. Still, in the end, here I know I can trust the info and it's presented in detail and clearly so. Ship locking guides are very useful along with the general walkthroughs. Also - just forum benefits. Can ask say a farming question and it's not buried somewhere among all the random stuff.

Thanks to Arkayda for the signature.

Rep
    Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Visitor numbers here is lower than quite a few years ago ago indeed. I remember back when Himeuta was still under its founder, Saya, the subreddit was pretty much a ghost town and the only two English sources were the wikia and Himeuta.NET. It was actually a very crowded place here.
    Never been a big reddit fan/user either. Nor do I have an idea when it started to become this big. Also, Leyana apparently went to reddit, under NotLeyana.

Anyway, it seems that activity here is even sparser than usual this event. Perhaps it has something to do with the size and difficulty of the event?

Last edited by Kuropo; 09-11-2019 at 07:43 PM.
    My event guides: Summer 2016 / Fall 2016
    Stream is currently offline: http://www.twitch.tv/kuronia
    Hello to you!
    [+] Spoiler

Hello!

IGN
    Danielosan
    Server
    Saiki Bay Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)

E1 Hard Clear

E1 Hard Cleared:

Not much to say, have Richelieu and it's a piece of cake.

Death from above!

Rear-Admiral
    Rep
    Mentioned
    412 Post(s)
    I guess you can't sortie subs here to rank planes? Trying to see where to rank the new planes.

Ended up going 6-5.

Last edited by firehawk12; 09-13-2019 at 03:24 AM.

Server
    Explosive Licking Castle
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1694 Post(s)
    You can rank planes in E1 first node, but only one base and it's range 2 (so, if you're trying to rank the rocket interceptors, you need to bring a Saiun), so it's incredibly slow. You can send one SSV with Shiuns + LBAS bombers, or send the 2 CVLs used to clear the map + LBAS fighters to grind LBAS ranks.

Ranking planes in 6-5 is more time-efficient because you can send two bases and it's also range 1 so there's no need for Saiun, but expensive due to the need to pay to put the planes in the non-event base and then back again in the event base.

The alternative is E2D while grinding levels for light ships at the sub node, but it's 6 range so you can't train rocket interceptors there.

KanDex First Completed 16 February 2016 // HQ Lvl 120! 9 March 2016 // 3rd Anniversary with Hiyou! 31 March 2018

Kancolle RPG Replay Circle アホウドリ - C96 @ 一日目(金) 南地区 ヒ-29a
    Twitch