Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      As a counter measurement to Ad spam, newly registered users are required to create a thread in the Introduction Forum before allowing to be able to reply and create threads.
      Please allow some time for posts to be approved. We thank you for your patience on this matter.
Bookmark Thread
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    IGN
    f50grunt
    Server
    Iwagawa Airfield
    Rep
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Is there a point at which the better stats on the non-Mutsuki tank carriers more than compensates for lower levels on ships like Shiratsuyu K2 and the like? My Mutsukis tend to be higher-level since they've run 37 and 38 hundreds of times, but given TCF's general weakness I want to use the ships that are most likely to get me to the boss. My equipment situation should be fine, I have 5 WG42s, 1 Type 4, 3 Ka-Mis, 1 Toku+11th, and 2 Daihatsu+tanks. Also Type 3 shells but no Type 3 kais.

For clarity the Mutsukis in question are 90+ while the non-Mutsukis are in the 70-80 range. Arare is only 66, though. Asashio is high-level but earmarked for E3. Kasumi is also high-level but I'm worried about locking her early. Johnston and Fletcher have a similar problem in that they're not especially high level yet but they're looking pretty vital for E2 and E3.

I don't have an especially deep bench of high level destroyers so I want to make sure I don't lock anyone unnecessarily

IGN
    Harold
    Server
    Lingga
    Rep
    Mentioned
    5505 Post(s)
    @F50Grunt That level difference is really small. Given how DD can hit evasion soft cap easily, there is not a significant increase of evasion for a 90+ mutsuki and a 70-80 shiratsuyu k2. Then there is the better armor for those Shiratsuyu.

Damage wise, it doesn't matter if you are using the nuke setup (damage is high enough to one shot either way), but firepower is important for DA setup.

Overall, no, Mutsuki isn't gonna be better in your case.

The sexiest bridge ever made.

Rep
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Someone explain this to me because I can't. LBAS? Useless. Support? Doubly useless.

Attached Images Attached Images

Rep
    Mentioned
    1071 Post(s)
    So, just to confirm what I've seen so far... it's up to RNGsama if I kill Phase 2 LD boss correct? Even with all the TCIs and using ships that have "bonus" damage on the map?

All you lovely girls, please stop tugging at my heartstrings please...
    19th March - Wedding Anniversary with Fusou :: 18th May - Wedding Anniversary with Yuu :: 31st August - Wedding Anniversary with Ro
    Summer 2015 Event All Hard Clear - 31st August 2015

Rep
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    So I decided to downshift from hard to medium because 1) I was having a terrible time killing P1 LD and 2) Even if I killed P1, I'm going to be so low on resources for the rest of the map and next map, that I actually might not make it.

But anyway, when I switched to medium, the boss HP gauge only restored by about 20%. Is that new? I thought it would start me completely over.

Lieutenant
    IGN
    Kahlev
    Rep
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Man, stuck in P2 for the last 4 days. P1 was quite easy, so i was kinda confident. P2 chipping wasn't that bad either, damage was consistent and all, but LD has proven to be a mayor resource sink. Finally switched from a makeshift compo to the fleet suggested here and the results have been better, but i am still stuck at the "LBAS hits nothing/Ark got taiha/pt imps tanked everything/no TCI triggered/everyone ignored the boss" phase.

A few mistakes have been made too. Locked Ooi/Fletcher here instead of the more punching options, and didn't have enough quintuple torps upgraded. At this point i am just hoping for friendly fleets of the non-kaiboukan kind, to be honest.

Rear-Admiral
    Rep
    Mentioned
    409 Post(s)
    Getting nailed on the pre-boss node using 211303's part 2 comp. Is node support required? I'm not sure if it'd help to be honest. Or do you need to use FCF for chipping and praying for last dance?

Lieutenant
    IGN
    Kahlev
    Rep
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by firehawk12 View Post
    Getting nailed on the pre-boss node using 211303's part 2 comp. Is node support required? I'm not sure if it'd help to be honest. Or do you need to use FCF for chipping and praying for last dance?
    Unless your ships are underleveled they should be able to avoid damage there most of the time. My taiha rate there was probably 1 in 15 runs, but i did use node support to clear the trash so my girls could focus on the booty himes.

IGN
    Harold
    Server
    Lingga
    Rep
    Mentioned
    5505 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by manacycler View Post
    So I decided to downshift from hard to medium because 1) I was having a terrible time killing P1 LD and 2) Even if I killed P1, I'm going to be so low on resources for the rest of the map and next map, that I actually might not make it.

But anyway, when I switched to medium, the boss HP gauge only restored by about 20%. Is that new? I thought it would start me completely over.
    It's been like this for a couple of years already. Tuning down difficulty would reserve some process, while tuning up would be a full reset.

IGN
    Harold
    Server
    Lingga
    Rep
    Mentioned
    5505 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Owen View Post
    So, just to confirm what I've seen so far... it's up to RNGsama if I kill Phase 2 LD boss correct? Even with all the TCIs and using ships that have "bonus" damage on the map?
    Capped tci without bonus would have around half the chance to pen. For anyone other than Pudding and Jervis, you really need a crit.