Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      As a counter measurement to Ad spam, newly registered users are required to create a thread in the Introduction Forum before allowing to be able to reply and create threads.
      Please allow some time for posts to be approved. We thank you for your patience on this matter.
Bookmark Thread
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    IGN
    Harold
    Server
    Lingga
    Rep
    Mentioned
    5511 Post(s)
    @silentcap you can, just that it will be harder. In that case, using GG here could be a good idea.

The sexiest bridge ever made.

Rep
    Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by silentcap View Post
    About Jervis for E-2H P2, can I replace here with other high-luck ships like Shigure and Hatsushimo? I don't have Fletcher and Johnston yet so I can't use either of them to replace Jervis there. I'm reserving Yukikaze for E-3H as well.
    In your case, you should save Jervis for E-3 and sortie any other high-luck DD to E-2. Do keep in mind that you need to save another TCI DD (other than Jervis) for E-3 as well.

My event guides: Summer 2016 / Fall 2016
    Stream is currently offline: http://www.twitch.tv/kuronia
    Hello to you!
    [+] Spoiler

Hello!

Rep
    Mentioned
    620 Post(s)
    @211303, @Kuropo

Thanks. So, is this distribution of high-luck TCI DDs fine?

E-2: Shigure
    E-3: Jervis, Hatsushimo

I have a few more TCI DDs (I think, I just woke up an hour earlier) so I'm just outlining the bare minimum number of DDs needed.

For E-2H P2, how hard are the trash enemies in the boss node? From a quick skimming, the pre-boss nodes for E-2H look scary but they're deceptively easy to get past. Also, with high-level ships (from what I read), it's possible to reliably get a 6v2 fight at night battle at the boss node.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Tomonaga and Egusa Squadrons! Prepare for Launch!"

Rep
    Mentioned
    1151 Post(s)
    I'm at ~17 LD attempts for P2 and she just won't go down. Most battles look the same: Enter the battle with Mediteranean hime and heavy cruiser hime alive, and it's just a constant failure to get the necessary damage. The closest I got to a kill was with Mediteranean hime surviving with ~80HP and heavy cruiser hime dead before entering night battle, but that was only once. If anyone's got a suggestion (I'd rather avoid using Jervis but at this point it might be necessary), I'd love to hear it.

Nagato 2015-03-22 / Mutsu 2015-03-22 / Hiei 2015-04-18 / Ooi 2015-05-30 / Musashi 2016-03-13 / Richelieu 2017-11-11 / Tatsuta 2018-01-18

Rep
    Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by silentcap View Post
    @211303, @Kuropo

Thanks. So, is this distribution of high-luck TCI DDs fine?

E-2: Shigure
    E-3: Jervis, Hatsushimo

I have a few more TCI DDs (I think, I just woke up an hour earlier) so I'm just outlining the bare minimum number of DDs needed.

For E-2H P2, how hard are the trash enemies in the boss node? From a quick skimming, the pre-boss nodes for E-2H look scary but they're deceptively easy to get past. Also, with high-level ships (from what I read), it's possible to reliably get a 6v2 fight at night battle at the boss node.
    I think that distribution is just fine, no big differences between the two. Also keep in mind that Shigure gets bonus stats from the Quadruple Late Model torpedo, if you have any laying around.

As I have noted before in this thread, the pre-boss nodes are indeed look harder than they actually are, especially the BB Hime(s) node. I think this is due to the Italian ships I fielded, which have significant buffs at said node as well.

In my pre-final sorties, I was indeed able to reliably take down all enemies except the two Himes at the boss node, without support expeditions either.
    For the final kill, this was the same. Though, I cannot say anything meaningful here, since it only took me 2 attempts (first one was a retreat).

Last edited by Kuropo; 09-11-2019 at 09:59 PM.
    My event guides: Summer 2016 / Fall 2016
    Stream is currently offline: http://www.twitch.tv/kuronia
    Hello to you!
    [+] Spoiler

Hello!

Server
    Paramushir Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1674 Post(s)
    Will post a report when I'm done, but got to say that E-2 Part 1 was a bit night and day for me. Followed 211303's guide with some very minor equipment changes. First 3 sorties all S-rank at the boss. No problems. Get to final kill and... retreat (taiha) -> fail to kill boss (not even close) --> retreat -> retreat -> Start using Node support and.... fail to kill boss (not even close) -> screw it, double support and manage to kill boss (with help from T-cross Advantage). I imagine that most people are past this point, but if you're not, I'd just run double support once you get the final kill if using TCF.

On to Part 2. Seems people are having some troubles. Given that, I think I'll just go ahead and use Friend Fleet from the start (thought about trying w/o it for the lols) since it's available, especially since I don't have a ton of luck modded ships.

- - - Updated - - -
    @Kuropo: Assuming bonuses on Reddit are still valid, seems Jervis gets the biggest bonus vs. E-3 Part 2 boss so I'm saving Jervis for E-3 even though I have both Johnston & Fletcher. Granted Friend Fleet now available, but I'd still go with that even w/o friend fleet. Have to see how it goes, not sure if E-2H is worse that E-3H or not.

Last edited by goesto11; 09-12-2019 at 12:42 AM.
    Thanks to Arkayda for the signature.

Rep
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    @Mobius I would say just keep on trying. My comp is more or less the same as yours and it's all about getting that TCI and low armour row to score the hit. Of course, the imps are the real obstacles here because if they don't die by pre-empt torpedo strike, some of your nukers will likely end up aiming them on the second round of shelling. I don't really have a good solution to that except hope for your LBAS and boss support to wipe them out.

Server
    Paramushir Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1674 Post(s)
    @Ken G: That's the impression I get for E-2 Part 2 (will start soon). Pretty much NB TCI RNG for final kill. :/ Whee. That being said, what does that mean in terms of farming Hard post clear. Also, do wonder how much Friend Fleet helps for E-2 P2. Hopefully enough to go at least help single out boss for NB.

Thanks to Arkayda for the signature.

Rep
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    @goesto11 Pretty much A-ranks on hard post-clear. That was the reason why I opted to do medium A-rank farming instead of hard post-clear as I can use a less resource-intensive fleet and only 1 LBAS. I think the drop rate between medium and hard is very small too.

Don't expect FF to do much. For my successful LD run, they did manage to taiha the CA Hime (but dealt only 83 dmg on her) so that's probably as much as I can expect. Just need to score that TCI crit AND low armour roll, basically our old friend 'when the stars align'.

Rear-Admiral
    Rep
    Mentioned
    412 Post(s)
    First friend fleet was terrible... I don't know why I was hoping it would help. lol