Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      As a counter measurement to Ad spam, newly registered users are required to create a thread in the Introduction Forum before allowing to be able to reply and create threads.
      Please allow some time for posts to be approved. We thank you for your patience on this matter.
Bookmark Thread
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    IGN
    Zayinas
    Server
    Buin
    Rep
    Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    well, i started leveling the Rocket planes, but i`ll probably only start debuffing tomorrow

Server
    Explosive Licking Castle
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1694 Post(s)

Here's a comp for E3 that I saw yesterday that might be helpful for those who lack Euro TCI ships (or already locked all of them in E2).

Having Akitsushima in your fleet allows you to bring the heaviest possible CTF to the boss, at the cost of one extra airstrike node. Such a heavy fleet has a good chance to absolutely ruin the boss in daytime, and you can also use Iowa as a finisher of sorts if it goes to night battle. Akitsushima is not useless either as she can equip the nuke combo to hopefully 1-shot the non-boss characters along with Nelson Touch.

The drawbacks that I can see, apart from the very high cost, are that your plane slots have a very high chance of getting emptied due to the large number of air raid nodes, so ensure you get AS on them and use planes with shotdown resistance (e.g. Murata, Tomonaga, Egusa) to hopefully reduce losses before the boss. If too many CV slots get emptied by the time they reach the boss, they would be worse than just sending a lighter fleet. You should ideally also keep at least one other finisher ship (preferably with a bonus) to help with boss killing rather than just Iowa alone.

It's worth considering imitating this setup for people who found E2 to be a massive stumbling block. Just make sure you still have at least 3 each of your heavy Euro/US BBs and the non-Ark CVs and Akitsushima in reserve. This might also be a option for those who don't have Nelson and find they lack sheer killing power at the boss. For now, consider this only as a last resort

EDIT: It seems there is a risk of offrouting from BBH node K to subhime node P. The routing requirements are not fully understood yet and might require copying Lamda's ship type composition exactly (2DD FBB CL CA CAV). I'll update after I seen more attempts using this comp.

Last edited by NanashiYoukai; 09-09-2019 at 05:34 PM.
    KanDex First Completed 16 February 2016 // HQ Lvl 120! 9 March 2016 // 3rd Anniversary with Hiyou! 31 March 2018

Kancolle RPG Replay Circle アホウドリ - C96 @ 一日目(金) 南地区 ヒ-29a
    Twitch

IGN
    Harold
    Server
    Lingga
    Rep
    Mentioned
    5515 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NanashiYoukai View Post

Here's a comp for E3 that I saw yesterday that might be helpful for those who lack Euro TCI ships (or already locked all of them in E2).

Having Akitsushima in your fleet allows you to bring the heaviest possible CTF to the boss, at the cost of one extra airstrike node. Such a heavy fleet has a good chance to absolutely ruin the boss in daytime, and you can also use Iowa as a finisher of sorts if it goes to night battle. Akitsushima is not useless either as she can equip the nuke combo to hopefully 1-shot the non-boss characters along with Nelson Touch.

The drawbacks that I can see, apart from the very high cost, are that your plane slots have a very high chance of getting emptied due to the large number of air raid nodes, so ensure you get AS on them and use planes with shotdown resistance (e.g. Murata, Tomonaga, Egusa) to hopefully reduce losses before the boss. If too many CV slots get emptied by the time they reach the boss, they would be worse than just sending a lighter fleet. You should ideally also keep at least one other finisher ship (preferably with a bonus) to help with boss killing rather than just Iowa alone.

It's worth considering imitating this setup for people who found E2 to be a massive stumbling block. Just make sure you still have at least 3 each of your heavy Euro/US BBs and the non-Ark CVs and Akitsushima in reserve. This might also be a option for those who don't have Nelson and find they lack sheer killing power at the boss.
    Interesting, I was considering Akitsushima as well but I didn't know how to skip node P at the time.

The sexiest bridge ever made.

IGN
    Harold
    Server
    Lingga
    Rep
    Mentioned
    5515 Post(s)
    I forgot to mention one thing, in terms of base defense against those high attitude bomber, you need to multiply the following multipliers based on the number of rocket interceptor you have to get the actual fighter power:

0 rocket interceptor: x0.5
    1 rocket interceptor: x0.8
    2 rocket interceptor: x1.1
    3+ rocket interceptor: x1.2

IGN
    Zayinas
    Server
    Buin
    Rep
    Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    i succeeded in debuffing boss, getting AS on LD air defense isnt any harder than pre LD unlocks

now im just stuck banging against last dance, best i got was 11 hp with a surviving Henderson Chuuha Jervis failed TCI and dealt 0 damage

IGN
    Danielosan
    Server
    Saiki Bay Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 211303 View Post
    I forgot to mention one thing, in terms of base defense against those high attitude bomber, you need to multiply the following multipliers based on the number of rocket interceptor you have to get the actual fighter power:

0 rocket interceptor: x0.5
    1 rocket interceptor: x0.8
    2 rocket interceptor: x1.1
    3+ rocket interceptor: x1.2
    So, a base with 2xPrototype Shuusui, Me163b and Reppu Kai 352 will give: (18*2+20+28)*1.2= 100.8 Air Defense

While a base with Prototype Shuusui, Me163b, Reppu Kai and Reppu Kai 352 gives: (18+20+24+28)*1.1= 99 Air Defense

Am I getting this right?

Death from above!

IGN
    Harold
    Server
    Lingga
    Rep
    Mentioned
    5515 Post(s)
    @Danielosama eh, no, multiply it against the total fighter power of the 3 bases.

Server
    Explosive Licking Castle
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1694 Post(s)
    @211303

The streamer who was watching clearing using the super-heavy comp managed the whole of yesterday without getting offroute using the super heavy comp, but today he changed the CAV to Zara (his 2nd CA slot was CLT instead) and then got sent to sub hime after BBH. No idea if it was related to that, or that his routing luck so far was very good.

The comp that he was running that didn't get offroute at all was
    Nelson / Intrepid / Warspite / Saratoga / Akitsushima / Zuikaku or Akagi
    Verniy / Kumano / Abukuma or Yura / Iowa / Kitakami / Jervis

I think there are some more route mechanics at work that aren't understood yet (maybe number of Euro+US ships?), and it doesn't look like Lambda did any more runs after clearing, so for now I'll put a warning to only use the heavy fleet as a last resort.

Last edited by NanashiYoukai; 09-09-2019 at 06:02 PM.
    KanDex First Completed 16 February 2016 // HQ Lvl 120! 9 March 2016 // 3rd Anniversary with Hiyou! 31 March 2018

Kancolle RPG Replay Circle アホウドリ - C96 @ 一日目(金) 南地区 ヒ-29a
    Twitch

IGN
    Danielosan
    Server
    Saiki Bay Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 211303 View Post
    @Danielosama eh, no, multiply it against the total fighter power of the 3 bases.
    Even the bases that are on Sortie mode? Or only the ones on Defense mode?

Death from above!

IGN
    Harold
    Server
    Lingga
    Rep
    Mentioned
    5515 Post(s)
    @Danielosama just the ones on defense mode.