Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      As a counter measurement to Ad spam, newly registered users are required to create a thread in the Introduction Forum before allowing to be able to reply and create threads.
      Please allow some time for posts to be approved. We thank you for your patience on this matter.
Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    IGN
    Harold
    Server
    Lingga
    Rep
    Mentioned
    5505 Post(s)
    @ofi123
    So for single anti-installation equipment isn't it marine>WG42>tank>others?
    As I said, it depends on the target. For some marine is better, while for some tank is better. WG is never a better choice though.

EDIT: Might as well ask this. So for anti-installation categories, it's sanshiki / tank / daihatsu / others is it? So for DD that use either daihatsu or tank, what do I use for the third slot after tank/marine + WG42? Rockets or mortar con?
    wg/tank/daihaitsu/t3, with t3 not providing post cap bonus necessary for that nuke comp. wg/tank/daihaitsu will be the ideal comp.

- - - Updated - - -

Edit: Just make use of the tables in wikia's installation page to calculate for yourself in each situation. There isn't an absolute answer for anti-installation equipment.

The sexiest bridge ever made.

Server
    Paramushir Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1663 Post(s)
    @211303: Thanks for the reply.

1) Not sure if it's "very low priority" since you have the T2 12cm Mortar (concentrated) in your example load out for E2 Part 1. Do get the niche part though. Still, decided to go ahead and make one. Cost me 9 extra screws (I was planning on making one at some point). +4 ASW stat is significant IMO, and have to think that the concentrated version has more bonus as anti-installation over the stock single version.

2) OK can go with Nelson. Guess I'll have to burn an RE on her then. Well, got one from E-1 so nets out.

3) Got that Saratoga form is situational, but wanted to know for event. LOL, guess I'll have to go convert her back to CVB... again (like last event) as I prefer here MkII form generally. Not a fan of clones as you know, but have to say that I'm quite tempted to do a 2nd Akagi since can't easily switch between Akagi K2 and K2E. Might leave Saratoga in CVB in that case. Thoughts on that?

4) That's what I thought. M4 DD is similar to Toku 11th Reg. which is quite a good piece of equipment. What's weird (IMO) is that M4 DD apparently isn't treated as another amphibious tank, but a type of daihatsu. I thought it was essentially the Toku 11th Reg. version of a Ka-mi tank, but it's listed as landing craft on KC Wikia. Then again, maybe KC Wikia is wrong. Can you comment on this? I don't have the tank to test which it's truly categorized as (i.e. see if I can put on DD that is Ka-mi only).

5) Ah, wasn't clear on my question. Meh, having a bit of trouble wording this clearly. What I was asking was more of a relative comparison of Med vs. Hard rewards difference (Proto or Shuusui) . For example, if last EO map had Hayabusa II 64th, the you'd definitely want to get that = well worth clearing on Hard. However, while obviously better than prototype version, is the Shuusui that big of a difference over prototype? It's a similar analysis as per last event where you got the Reppuu Kai Ni Model E (CarDiv 1/Skilled) for Hard clear, and the Reppuu Kai Ni Model E for Medium clear. Only +1 more AA, but that's a 12 AA plane which isn't very common (can just craft Type 0 M52 skilled (max) for an +11 AA fighter). Also get a bit more bonus with Akagi K2E (and see question above on whether to build or not). So for last event, to me definitely want to clear on Hard (I actually use the Reppuu K2 E (skilled) quite a bit). In this case... eh, it's better, but that much of a difference/very situation (essentially helps only with LBAS defense).

Again, plan on Hard clear anyway for E-3 and I'll gladly take the Shuusui, but just curious as to your thoughts on the matter. Hopefully this makes more sense/is clearer. If not, don't worry about it.

Thanks to Arkayda for the signature.

Rep
    Mentioned
    2668 Post(s)
    @211303

Thanks. Guess I'll just use KC3kai calculations then. Though I've no idea what's the numbers on the left and right mean, but bigger should be better right? Somehow with daihatsu DDs daihatsu/WG42/rocket seems to give the highest number.

IGN
    Danielosan
    Server
    Saiki Bay Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by goesto11 View Post
    @211303: Thanks for the reply.

1) Not sure if it's "very low priority" since you have the T2 12cm Mortar (concentrated) in your example load out for E2 Part 1. Do get the niche part though. Still, decided to go ahead and make one. Cost me 9 extra screws (I was planning on making one at some point). +4 ASW stat is significant IMO, and have to think that the concentrated version has more bonus as anti-installation over the stock single version.
    It really is very low priority, I wouldn't take 211303's equipment as a standard since he pretty much has everything new as soon as it is introduced, no matter how good/bad it is.

And about the Shuusui, well, let's just say you'll be glad to have one more jet interceptor if High Altitude Air Raids become a more common thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by goesto11 View Post
    4) That's what I thought. M4 DD is similar to Toku 11th Reg. which is quite a good piece of equipment. What's weird (IMO) is that M4 DD apparently isn't treated as another amphibious tank, but a type of daihatsu. I thought it was essentially the Toku 11th Reg. version of a Ka-mi tank, but it's listed as landing craft on KC Wikia. Then again, maybe KC Wikia is wrong. Can you comment on this? I don't have the tank to test which it's truly categorized as (i.e. see if I can put on DD that is Ka-mi only).
    The M4DD historically was not an amphibious tank, they added floaters to it and that's it.

Death from above!

Server
    Paramushir Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1663 Post(s)
    @Danielosama. Thanks for the reply.

Re. 12cm mortar (concentrated) - too late. Already built one. Was going to do so at some point anyway, so spent an extra 9 screws (has some saved up) to get it done now vs. doing it over a couple of weeks. Still have decent amount of improvemats left so not a big issue. As for the shuuseui, I'd get a Proto anyway on Meduim (will have 4 rocket interceptors once event is cleared) so it's getting a slightly better one (not a bad thing of course). Bit hard to explain clearly I guess, but was just wondering thoughts on Med vs. Hard final EO map rewards comparison for this event. My impression is that the difference this event is smaller, less significant than it's been in a while. That's not necessarily a bad thing per se, just something that caught my attention and wondered about others thoughts.

Re. M4 DD: The DD part stands for duplex drive - it had props for movement in water. As for the "floaters", the Ka-mi tank had large, hollow pontoons made from steel plates were attached to the front glacis plate and rear decking to give the necessary buoyancy. It's a more sophisticated and dedicated system for sure, but still technically "floaters". While Wikipedia isn't dispositive, there's a valid reason that the M4 DD is described as "a type of amphibious swimming tank". [emphasis added] It's not the same thing as just putting a regular tank on a landing craft and offloading on the beach (e.g. daihatsu + T89 tank). Again, not a big deal, but I do find it odd that M4 DD isn't classified as an amphibious tank in the game, filling the same role as the Toku 11th Reg does when it comes to "tankhatsu".

IGN
    Danielosan
    Server
    Saiki Bay Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    @goesto11

Amphibious means it works as well on land as on water, and the M4 DD even with it's floaters on and it's props couldn't do shit when it was on water, except pray it woukd make it to land without sinking (see Omaha Beach).
    The Ka-Mi with it's floatation devices could still shoot, and was even light enough to be carried by submarines, contrary to the M4.
    To me it makes perfect sense, you don't just slap some floaters on a 35ton tank and make it amphibious, it could barely "swim", and that's it.

Death from above!

Server
    Paramushir Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1663 Post(s)
    @Danielosama: Get your point - it's not exactly the same thing either way. Ka-mi is more hybrid purpose built as you note, but while DD wasn't great, it could float/propel itself on water =/= same as on landing craft -> offload on beach. It's not a great amphibious tank, but IMO it still qualifies. And yeah Omaha beach, but would work in calmer waters. Sure there's a point to where ka-mi tanks would suffer under rough seas as well. As for carried by subs, that's not dispositive to me. Still carried by some sort of sea going vessel. Anyway, is what it is. Tanaka has spoken,

Server
    Paramushir
    Rep
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    @goesto11
    Last time I checked, E3 medium gives only the 2 Fw and hard adds the Shuuseui.
    IMO, this event's rewards aren't that good (the tank will be the only real improvement to my arsenal) and one of them seems to suggest that there will be a way to obtain some jet interceptor in the future, so hard isn't really worth it (I'll try it, though).

IGN
    Harold
    Server
    Lingga
    Rep
    Mentioned
    5505 Post(s)
    I made a change in my recommended lock after seeing the more accurate modifier of E3. Moved Jervis to E2 instead for the following reasons:

1. E2 is more difficult than E3.
    2. Jervis is the only reliable ship with significant bonus in E2, while in E3 she has other substitute.
    3. For farming, ship with E2 tag can enter E3, but not vice versa.

- - - Updated - - -
    @goesto11
    3) I am using her as CVB cos night cv usage is rare. plus black is more sexy

4) In game, M4A1 belongs to daihaitsu category. You can see it is sorted with them when you get it.

5) Depends on whether we will actually get a more rocket interceptor from those rocket mat. The rocket interceptor bonus against silver takoyaki caps at 3, and we already got 2 from E1-2. It's still a good interceptor even if we disregard the bonus though.

The other interceptor is also pretty good in its own right as well. Not top tier but you probably would use it for gimmick in the future.

Overall, not a huge loss if you miss hard in E3, unless you are really short of interceptor.

- - - Updated - - -
    @ofi123

I just checked.

The number on the left is day attack power against that target, while the right one is the night attack power. Mouse over the arrow sign and you will find the chuuha damage as well.

This attack power is per hit, and is assuming it is parallel.

1 out of 0 members found this post helpful.
    The sexiest bridge ever made.

Rep
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ink20 View Post
    Last time I checked, E3 medium gives only the 2 Fw and hard adds the Shuuseui.
    IMO, this event's rewards aren't that good (the tank will be the only real improvement to my arsenal) and one of them seems to suggest that there will be a way to obtain some jet interceptor in the future, so hard isn't really worth it (I'll try it, though).
    Honestly, the most disappointing KC Summer Event ever..

My event guides: Summer 2016 / Fall 2016
    Stream is currently offline: http://www.twitch.tv/kuronia
    Hello to you!
    [+] Spoiler

Hello!