Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      As a counter measurement to Ad spam, newly registered users are required to create a thread in the Introduction Forum before allowing to be able to reply and create threads.
      Please allow some time for posts to be approved. We thank you for your patience on this matter.
Bookmark Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Server
    Paramushir Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1678 Post(s)
    @Ink20, @211303: Well... I screwed up. >_< Not sure how I missed such a thing, but I would literally have bet money (not much, but some) that you got a Proto Shuusui along with the other 2 planes for E-3M reward, but NOPE. So mistake on my part and that does change the situation a bit since it's get Shuusui or get nothing in terms of another rocket plane.

Still leaves the question of how valuable is the Shuusui seem I'm on the right track in terms of analysis. Personally, if hypothetically I had to pick one, I'd rather have a Reppuu Kai Ni Model E (CarDiv 1/Skilled) over Shuusui, but as noted, will try to clear E-3 on Hard anyway. If successful, that should net me 4x rocket interceptors (got one from T-500 ranking). That's an LBAS group and should be good enough. No clue what the new materials are for, but I guess it's more New Model Rocket Equipment Development Material rather than KC Wikua New Model Jet Equipment Development Material. If I can use the new materials to build more rocket interceptors, not sure if I will do so if I have 4 already.

And yeah, I'd say the best equipment reward is the M4 DD tank.

-----
    @211303:

1) I actually like keeping Saratoga MkII as I use CVCI quite a bit on normal maps TBH. Maybe not necessary, but do so, especially now with a couple more good AA NB fighters. So thoughts on Akagi K2E dup? Prefer Akagi K2 so kept as that, but get the feeling that converting Saratoga back and forth all the time may get a bit old. Expensive though for 2nd Akagai K2. Dupe as well, but I guess I could just tell myself to use only 1 Akagi per event since not a fan of clone navy. Perhaps the better solution is a dupe Saratoga, but not as easy to get one.

2) Thanks for the confirmation on the M4 DD.

3) Thanks. Was curious as to your thoughts on event equipment rewards. Worst case is I'll have 2x Proto Shuusei + Me163b which I think is all you need for some LBAS defense bonus. Still, will try for E-3 Hard clear as well.

-----
    @Kuropo: Well it's just not an (extra) large summer event. Things got screwed up in terms of timing with KC 2.0. Well, kind of abandoned the standard (extra) large summer -> med/small Fall -> med/lg Winter -> Med-ish Spring format. While this is a small event, honestly, I was so beaten down - particularly resources that I'd be in trouble for a full on old-school summer event after the Spring Event. Maybe this could have been a 4-map event and a bit larger, but honestly I think giving players a bit of a break after Spring Event was the right call.

Now there can be other issues I suppose (theme, execution, rewards, etc.). Rewards are a bit meh (new ships are OK, I guess I can't always expect "capital ship" (incl. CA(V) level). It's an OK event so far, but I don't hate it.

Thanks to Arkayda for the signature.

Server
    Paramushir
    Rep
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    @goesto11
    IMO, new ships aren't exactly ok since they are basically all dupes (unlike last small event that gave nisshin).

Rep
    Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by goesto11 View Post
    @Kuropo: Well it's just not an (extra) large summer event. Things got screwed up in terms of timing with KC 2.0. Well, kind of abandoned the standard (extra) large summer -> med/small Fall -> med/lg Winter -> Med-ish Spring format. While this is a small event, honestly, I was so beaten down - particularly resources that I'd be in trouble for a full on old-school summer event after the Spring Event. Maybe this could have been a 4-map event and a bit larger, but honestly I think giving players a bit of a break after Spring Event was the right call.

Now there can be other issues I suppose (theme, execution, rewards, etc.). Rewards are a bit meh (new ships are OK, I guess I can't always expect "capital ship" (incl. CA(V) level). It's an OK event so far, but I don't hate it.
    Actually, my resources were at an all-time high just at the start of this event! Alright, bauxite was hardcapped for last event, but back to 290k+ this event. Buckets have never been this high either at 2500+.

Having said that, I do think many other people need to catch a breath this event. :) Still, it does not change the fact that this event is the most underwhelming Summer Event this game has ever known, in terms of rewards, maps, and difficulty.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ink20 View Post
    @goesto11
    IMO, new ships aren't exactly ok since they are basically all dupes (unlike last small event that gave nisshin).
    It certainly does feel like we are getting a "dupe". "Oh, it is another Garibaldi(/Gotland)." And especially: "Oh, another DE (even though new class)..." Not really exciting new ships in my opinion.
    Though, I very much like the design of Abruzzi.

My event guides: Summer 2016 / Fall 2016
    Stream is currently offline: http://www.twitch.tv/kuronia
    Hello to you!
    [+] Spoiler

Hello!

Server
    Paramushir Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1678 Post(s)
    @Ink20: That's a fair point about nothing ground-breaking in terms of ships, but you could also say that about last event. Fletcher? Johnston v2. Giuseppe Garibaldi? Another 4-slot CL. Colorado? US version of Nelson (but not quite as good stats). Had some DE as well. Winter 2019 did have some ships of note. Nisshin now best AV (IMO), and Johnston was first USN DD. She's somewhat useful outside of big historic bonus I suppose. Still, Fall 2017 ships were not exactly ground-breaking either. You could see all those ships as "dupes" in a sense.

For me bottom line is *shrug*. DE is DE, I like Duca & Grecale even if "more of the same", and Janus is low luck Jervis (with worse artwork IMO).

Again, I do see your point though. Maybe instead of Janus have a RN CL or something new like that. Hell, could go with RN CA for that matter. I don't think "but small event" is a reason not to put in a CA if devs wanted.

----

@Kuropo: Complete opposite of me. Lowest level in few events (I didn't always try to cap years ago). This was quite a struggle for me to get some fodder built for improvement, rank T-500 (not high, but adds up, particulary buckets and clearing 5-5, etc.). Wouldn't have 200k+ ammo if not for waiting a week or so until starting. Last event was definitely the most costly for me in terms of resources.

Not all of course, but for me, a bit of a "break" event was a good idea. My guess is back to the grind for next event which means I'll just have to focus on getting to cap and doing what I can to try and build as many Maruyu as I can. Got quite a line for that. :/

Rep
    Mentioned
    2674 Post(s)
    Huh. Looks like WG42+mortar con for Tashkent is better than WG42+rocket against summer harbour hime.

Guess I should go and make more mortar con.

Rep
    Mentioned
    621 Post(s)
    For E-3H, is it fine if I substitute Jervis with Yukikaze? E-2H P2 LD is grinding my gears and I want it done ASAP. Aside from Yukikaze, I have some other high-luck DDs that I haven't used so far like Hatsushimo, Tashkent, and Kasumi.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Tomonaga and Egusa Squadrons! Prepare for Launch!"

Server
    Paramushir Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1678 Post(s)
    @silentcap: Do you have both USN DD? If so, current recommendation is to use them for E-3 (I'm going against the grain a bit). OTOH, if you only have one USN DD (or worse none) with Hatsushimo, Taskkent and Kasumi as your only high luck DD left, I'd be loathe to lock Jervis to E-2. OTOH, there's only locking on Hard for E-3 if worst comes to worse (go Medium for E-3).

Rep
    Mentioned
    621 Post(s)
    @goesto11

Welp. Back to using Shigure then. I find it annoying that my LBASes (1 interceptor + 3 LBAS bombers) can't hit shit at all in LD when they wreck about 2/3 of the boss fleet during pre-LD runs.

On another note, is there any fleet comp that uses 4 BBs + CV (Ark Royal) + AO (Hayasui) in the main fleet? I kinda want to use that. I'm assuming Nelson isn't necessary in E-3H as I still haven't used Nagato and Mutsu.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Tomonaga and Egusa Squadrons! Prepare for Launch!"

Server
    Paramushir Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1678 Post(s)
    You can use Ark Royal with a BBV (e.g. Ise I2) to help with airpower. First example I posted has Ark Royal. You DO want to save Nelson for E-3. Go with Nagato and/or Mutsu/Ise-class K2 or even Yamato-class before using Nelson for E-2. Also I'd save Iowa and Warspite for E-3 as well (I suppose you could use Colorado, but Warspite better per my other comment). You'll also want either Jervis + USN DD or 2x USN DD for E-3. If you don't have that (i.e. no USN DD since you have Jervis), then you'll want Yukikaze for E-3. Need 2x NB TCI DD along with NB TCI CA (Prinz Eugen preferred IMO). There's not that much difference b/t Shigure k2 & Yukikaze. In fact, if you have 2x Quad Oxy late model (max), Shigure ends up a bit better as I recall due to bonuses.

As for LBAS, yeah, results will vary. Keep in mind boss has pretty decent airpower which bumps a bit for final kill along with fleet upgrades. E-2 can be a frustrating map. :/

Last edited by goesto11; 09-15-2019 at 03:39 AM.