Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      As a counter measurement to Ad spam, newly registered users are required to create a thread in the Introduction Forum before allowing to be able to reply and create threads.
      Please allow some time for posts to be approved. We thank you for your patience on this matter.
Bookmark Thread
    Server
    Paramushir Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1678 Post(s)

Large gun improvement and/or upgrade targets

No big improvement targets right now so wondering what to do next (or just save screws). Pretty sure I have all the "must have" and/or "important" stuff. Just built a T2 12cm Concentrated so that's done. Not all items at +9 or (max), but quite a few and a lot of +7. Do have one or two ideas though.

In terms of large guns, apart from 16"/50 Mk.7 and 38.1cm Mk.1/N, doesn't seem to be any RN or USN guns available for upgrade (and even if so, would it be worth it?). Pretty much done with 16"/50+GFCS. At +7 and just too expensive for me to get to +9 given fodder costs vs. other things to do. Have 4x Proto 35.6cm triple at +9 and use those in place of 38.1cm since have to get to N version and upgrade that to be better than the Proto 35.6cm triple. Doesn't seem worth it to me.

That leaves 41cm Twin Kai, 41cm triple Kai and 41cm triple K2. I have one of each, with the 41cm triple Kai and K2 both at +7.

My questions are as follows:

1) Should I improve the 41cm Twin Kai to +7 (prefer over +6 and have spare Proto 41cm triple for fodder). Don't use it much now since not improved, but do know that Nagato class get +3 FP bonus(and according to KC3 kai, also get +5 accuracy fit ). OTOH, can get 24 FP from 16/50+GFCS +7, but may sortie Nagatu/Mutsu with Iowa and I go with 2x16"/50 GFCS on Iowas given limited fit for Iowa-class. Also, seems you get +5 FP (and other stuff) when paired with 41cm Triple K2.

Niche/"end game" stuff, but I'm thinking that upgrading this at least to +4 if not +6 or +7 is a good idea. Correct?

2) Should I build another 41cm Triple Kai or Triple Kai ni (and improve). More so 41cm Triple K2 offer quite good bonuses on Ise-class (and some on Fusou class). Based upon KC3 Kai popup, I get +5 accuracy fit for 41cm Triple Kai or Kai 2 Nagato-class K2, though neither seem to give any other bonuses like the 41cm twin K2 => probably a good idea to upgrade my 41cm Triple Kai to Kai 2 and improve that. Not seeing any downside for that upgrade at all. That would give me 2x 41cm Triple K2 which would work well for Ise-class K2 and work just fine for a Nagato/Mutsu pairing as well Any reason not to do this?

3) As for other gun sizes, maybe I'm missing something, but...

(A) Not seing anything for small guns (and have 3x 12.7cm Mod C +5 (rewards), couple MoD at +4. Generally stick with my many 10cm HA+FD guns though did craft 2x. 12.7cm + FD Mod A K3 (War) +4 and 2x 12.7cm HA+FD Mod B K4 (war).

(B) Not seing anything for medium guns either. Have 10x 20.3cm (No.3) - six at +9 and 4 at +7 along with 2x 20.3cm (No.2) at +9. Suppose I could craft another pair of 20.3cm (No.2) to +9 for Aoba-class & Furutaka-class, but doesn't seem enough value to do so vs. the cost. Have a 15.2cm Twin Kai at +9, but rarely use it. Lastly, 203mm/53 doesn't seem worth it ever even if fit bonuses on Italian CA over just using good 'ol 20.3cm No.3.

Thanks.

Thanks to Arkayda for the signature.

Server
    Paramushir
    Rep
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    @goesto11
    I didn't have anything to say but I just noticed that it could be a good idea to improve a pair of 130mm for Tashkent (mainly for anti-installation duties).

Server
    Paramushir Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1678 Post(s)
    @Ink20: Thanks for the reply. I threw +1 on a couple 130mm guns for Tashkent, but not sure if that's really the best value right now to get to +4 (probably leave there) vs. some other upgrades. If you end up coming to any sort of conclusion on my above questions, please let me know.

Read a comment about building 4x 46cm Triple Kai guns (and improve) as another option, but that seems a bit waifu dependent given fit penalties. I have two of those at +7 and that seems to be enough when paired with something else (e.g. Yamato-class I use one and a 51cm gun). JMO though so if you think two more 46cm Triple Kai would be a better idea than above, I'm open to suggestions.

Server
    Paramushir
    Rep
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    @goesto11
    Well, I don't really know about that.
    I can only say that I have 3x 46cm kai +6 and I don't feel like I need more (even though they are also good for support) since I usually use only 1 on each slow BB (except Nagato that can use the 51cm) and I don't use slow BB that much since I do whatever I can with Italia and Roma (and, even though their levels are pretty high, I use 381mm kai +10 and 16inch +9 on them because of the penalty) except the new 5-5 where I finally settled with Nagato, Musashi, Zara, Suzu/Kuma, and the Cranes (probably the haviest fleet I use outside of events and it doesn't even use all the 46cm kai I have).

Last edited by Ink20; 09-17-2019 at 09:02 PM.

Server
    Paramushir Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1678 Post(s)
    @Ink20 Nagato now has a fit penalty for 51cm (or theorycrafting revised to show penalty. Way back, was thought to be neutral fit for 51cm on Nagato-class. Apparently Mutsu has worse penalty to the point I probably wouldn't use 51cm on non-married Mutsu, but JMO on that). So if I'm using 51cm, I'd want to pair with a 41cm Triple Kai so fit bonuses/penalties offset. I can see the point about using 46cm Kai outside of Yamato-class, but as you say, not sure how often I'd use more than two of them at once.

OT:, but as for 5-5, I'll make a not of that. Still don't like that map, and it's always THE go to map for devs when it comes to new high-level quests. >_<

Got some time to think about this (at least until I clear event). Perhaps others will add their thoughts regarding this issue.

Server
    Paramushir
    Rep
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    @goesto11
    Yeah, I knew about that penalty so I usually pair with a 16inch+GFCS +7 (never got a real accuracy issue) or 41cm triple kai +6.

About 5-5, keep in mind that the fleet I use should always get the boss kill against the diamond formation but may fail against the others since it needs a good BBCI (maybe using boss support can help but since the pre-boss and sometimes the CV node can send you back I don't use it).
    Also, post-clear S-rank can be done using the middle route (last month I cleared the 5-5 part of the new quarterly with 2BB 1CVB 1AO and 2DD).

1 out of 0 members found this post helpful.
    Last edited by Ink20; 09-18-2019 at 12:56 PM.