Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      As a counter measurement to Ad spam, newly registered users are required to create a thread in the Introduction Forum before allowing to be able to reply and create threads.
      Please allow some time for posts to be approved. We thank you for your patience on this matter.
Bookmark Thread
    Rep
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Floating Continent Relics Crafting Guide

Hello guys,
    Since I decided to stop lurking and register, I think the best thing is to make as my first post would be a guide,
    for a question that takes a long time to explain on the KG discord.
    I will explain in full how to craft Floating Continent (FC for short) relics and which of the FC shards are the ones to look for.

Terminology:

First - the terminology I will use and description of the four FC items relevant for crafting.
    ...Welp, It turned out I can only upload 5 screenshots, so I will improvise.
    The following screen has (from left to right) what I call Relics, Shards, Talismans and Arrowheads:
    terminology.jpg
    1.Relics - they can be from rank C to rank S. Rank C relics have 10 "spaces" for crafting, rank S - 13.

2.Shards - they are also from rank C to rank S. The higher rank have more stats.
    All regular (there are exceptions, but I will omit them) shards can take up from 2 to 3 "crafting spaces"
    You will understand what that means during the next part.

3.Talismans - both the green and the white ones do the same thing - protect the relic from blowing up on failed craft.
    One is 50% chance, the other 100%.

4.Arrowheads - not sure about the name, but the item looks like it so...
    These you can buy from the regular shop for 100 gold - you can use them to remove a crafted and socketed relic from the slot.

Crafting:

Now let's move to the crafting. When you click on the flying laboratory, you get a screen with 3 long horizontal buttons.
    The top tab is for crafting relics. Mid one - for putting them in gear. Bottom one - removing them from said gear.
    We will focus on the top one, the other 2 are easy to figure out and nothing dangerous can happen there.

When you first click on the top button, you go to the relics tab. Then you pick one of the relics you have and press the red button:
    https://imgur.com/z0yx66l
    You are moved to the "shards" screen - now I will put a DEF shard in the relic. Note that the relic now says 0 -> 2~3/11
    That means that the crafting space on the relic will change from 0/11 to from 2 to 3/11:
    https://imgur.com/YJjredn
    Now let's add some more shards:
    https://imgur.com/xlDoyIq
    You can see it says 0 -> 10~15/11. On craft each shard rolls separately for their crafting space and if there is a chance of a fail you will see the red number.
    You can decide if you want to risk it or not. Here, with 10~15/11 warning, it means if more than 1 shard rolls 3, the relic will blow up.
    Let's press continue. Here you see a screen that shows up only if there is a chance for failure:
    https://imgur.com/D5pzy26
    You can decide to use a talisman here. Talismans only protect the relic though, if the craft fails, you will still lose the shard(s).

Advices:
    A tip when crafting with S class shards - do these crafts only in A or S class relics. Put the 4 S class shards first for a safe craft.
    Even if you get full space, that's still a top tier A class relic. If you are at 10/12 space, you can add 1 more with talisman protection.
    The above advice can be used for most FC relic crafting.

Now for the shards - when doing FC runs you should get plenty of A class shards.
    Best regular ones are atk/matk up and pdef/mdef up. (their icons are sword, shield, staff and cloak with an arrow pointing up)
    Max A class value of these (plus crit/evasion/hit shards) is 35, so a relic with 5 x 35 is very good.
    Other useful shards are vit and agi. Max points for A class for stats are 29.
    + element up and +anti-air are also something to keep. Especially the anti-air shards, a relic with these significantly boosts
    the damage vs the griffin raid boss (even B class are worth it. + element up... rare, hard to get and you want +15 and up on them to keep.
    The pdef/mdef/patk/matk down crafted relics are hard to use, but if you put them on an employee that deals its damage with multiple hits, they apply often.
    You might want them if you want your archers to make full use of their awakenings trait.

That took me a while, time to press "post" and see how bad my formatting is, heh.

2 out of 0 members found this post helpful.
    Last edited by Hidetsugu; 09-20-2019 at 06:17 AM. Reason: formatting

Rep
    Mentioned
    746 Post(s)
    Use an image host like imgur, the forum uploading is terrible for images.