Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      As a counter measurement to Ad spam, newly registered users are required to create a thread in the Introduction Forum before allowing to be able to reply and create threads.
      Please allow some time for posts to be approved. We thank you for your patience on this matter.
Bookmark Thread
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Rep
    Mentioned
    2708 Post(s)
    Dem fairies are on point for the new girls.

Also no new k2. RIP "multiple" k2 promise.

IGN
    Harold
    Server
    Lingga
    Rep
    Mentioned
    5556 Post(s)
    @ofi123 maybe December is still Fall to Tanaka kek.

The sexiest bridge ever made.

IGN
    DLRevan
    Server
    Kanoya Airfield
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1044 Post(s)
    @ofi123 Pray for release along with event EO. Which I recall has happened before.

Murakumo 17th June 2015
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Touch Fluffy Kumo

Rep
    Mentioned
    2708 Post(s)
    @211303
    At this point I’m only believing hints given in tweets about the coming maintenance.

Quote Originally Posted by DLRevan View Post
    @ofi123 Pray for release along with event EO. Which I recall has happened before.
    That’s not considered “before the next event”.

IGN
    DLRevan
    Server
    Kanoya Airfield
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1044 Post(s)
    @ofi123 It's before "an event". It sounds better than December is Fall.

Gotta say, I'm not only not impressed with Houston and De Ryuter, I'm concerned that a certain brand identity built on character design for KC is being diluted by them. Zeco's Houston looks like his old work, which is disappointing considering he seemed to be improving with Johnston and Fletcher. De Ryuter is....it's a new artist which is great. But at the cost of the game's brand? A questionable decision. I think I would even be fine with De Ryuter if there was more consistency elsewhere like for Houston.

Well there's still 3 more ships so I'll reserve final judgement. It's interesting that Houston and Perth, whom you could be forgiven for thinking would be the focus of the event, are in the former operation. With 3 ships, I imagine 1 should be a reward ship for EO.....and who would be a reward ship on top of Houston or Perth? Not to mention drawn by whom. Konishi most likely, assuming the ABDA fleet theme continues.

Or yoshinori...I know you're busy....but you could come back again for just a little longer to give us the next duckie if you could manage 2 beaver CGs...

Murakumo 17th June 2015
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Touch Fluffy Kumo

IGN
    Harold
    Server
    Lingga
    Rep
    Mentioned
    5556 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DLRevan View Post
    @ofi123 It's before "an event". It sounds better than December is Fall.

Gotta say, I'm not only not impressed with Houston and De Ryuter, I'm concerned that a certain brand identity built on character design for KC is being diluted by them. Zeco's Houston looks like his old work, which is disappointing considering he seemed to be improving with Johnston and Fletcher. De Ryuter is....it's a new artist which is great. But at the cost of the game's brand? A questionable decision. I think I would even be fine with De Ryuter if there was more consistency elsewhere like for Houston.

Well there's still 3 more ships so I'll reserve final judgement. It's interesting that Houston and Perth, whom you could be forgiven for thinking would be the focus of the event, are in the former operation. With 3 ships, I imagine 1 should be a reward ship for EO.....and who would be a reward ship on top of Houston or Perth? Not to mention drawn by whom. Konishi most likely, assuming the ABDA fleet theme continues.

Or yoshinori...I know you're busy....but you could come back again for just a little longer to give us the next duckie if you could manage 2 beaver CGs...
    Nor entirely certain what do you mean by the KC brand, but well, Hatsuharu and Tenryuu exists so it's not like we are really consistent to begin with.

Tbh, I don't really see much problem with Houston's cg. It's certainly not perfect, but it seems up to standard for me.

The sexiest bridge ever made.

Rep
    Mentioned
    2708 Post(s)
    @DLRevan

Please don’t help them move the goalpost. It’s as good as “all gets a k2 eventually” with the lack of certainty, in which case there’s no need to tweet about it in the first place.

IGN
    Danielosan
    Server
    Saiki Bay Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    @DLRevan Houston looks fine to me tbh, but I can agree that Perth and De Ruyter look a bit "bland". Other than that, the art is good.

Death from above!

IGN
    DLRevan
    Server
    Kanoya Airfield
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1044 Post(s)
    @211303 In my opinion, there came a point when every ship that came out had a very strong design language. It's hard to describe, but from an artist's point of view there's a consistency in terms of that language across all the girls coming after say, 2015. It's not about just the specific artstyle, which is why Ayaki's work doesn't detract from it. Part of it is the way the girls and their equipment are composited together, or the level of required detail on equipment for example. Even with various different art styles, the place KC sits between the various genres of styles is also consistent.

Zeco's work has always looked different. And at the very least, one of the most obvious points is I think its easy for anyone to see the lack of detail on zeco's ship rigging, more akin to other ship games. KC got very consistent with that after it passed the early days and it's original, mostly newbie, artists either got better or didn't continue drawing for the game.

Since i brought up Yoshinori anyway, I do think part of the reason KC seems to be deviating here and there on this is because it was Yoshinori, Konishi and Shibafu who were driving this direction. Out of the three, Yoshinori also had the most balanced work between all of them, and clearly served as the type example for what the art should be like. Without that, it's natural that there will start to be more deviations in the art direction.

By no means is it a disaster. I don't dislike Houston end of the day. But I did think it was one of the things that distinguished KC from others. It's something to continue cultivating.

@ofi123 The original goalpost is way past and the alternative is not having anything at all, until that theoretical point in the future that every ship gets a K2.

If we want to be serious about it, then yes....they missed the deadline for their own official news. And there's really nothing else we can say about it, because we don't even know who the theoretical K2 was supposed to be.

- - - Updated - - -
    @Danielosama I actually like Perth much better than Houston. I think this is where I approve of that design language consistency, but aesthetically someone may subjectively prefer Houston or at least put them on the same level, taken individually.

Last edited by DLRevan; 11-30-2019 at 08:09 AM.
    Murakumo 17th June 2015
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Touch Fluffy Kumo

IGN
    Danielosan
    Server
    Saiki Bay Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    @DLRevan Oh I can definitely agree about the rigging, it always irks me to no end when they don't even draw all of the primary armament (Houston had 3 main guns, draw all of them ffs, not only 2 of them). And the level of detail is certainly not near other artists. We can only hope that they get better with time.
    We'll have to wait and see how it develops since it seems a lot of the main artists are busy with their own things now.

Death from above!