Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      As a counter measurement to Ad spam, newly registered users are required to create a thread in the Introduction Forum before allowing to be able to reply and create threads.
      Please allow some time for posts to be approved. We thank you for your patience on this matter.
Bookmark Thread
Page 1152 of 1156 FirstFirst ... 15265210521102114211501151115211531154 ... LastLast
Results 11,511 to 11,520 of 11558
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1013 Post(s)
    @Diirk Yeah I'm having doubt with the enchanter. Tengu on the other hand is permanent stealth and a black one too, could be useful. :)

Rep
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    What are you worrying about? Enchanters suck because their skill duration makes them so irrelevant. If she has perma skill (also multiplier her ATK), that alone should be good. But i think they would come up with boosting magic res, like 2.5 MR (or 50% chance to nullify magic attack, those golems have this ability after all) for all units in range. If she can somehow heal her golem, they make a great combo with 2k5 M.ATK, 2k DEF, 50 MR, 50% or 30% nullifying all attacks.
    Ofc, she can still suck but i think the devs will come up with multiplier MR this time (let's just forget about Odette's existence).

Rep
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Xmas gift by gentle aigis

A new princess joins my sarah kamikaze team.

GBF ID:11120651

FGK ID:529648257

Rep
    Mentioned
    1013 Post(s)
    @Glasses Congrats. =)

@Geirhildr Yeah it's too early to decide. I'm not putting my hope up much on her, but who knows, maybe she'll have a golem that can shoot Rocket Punch, I would definitely love it. :)

Rep
    Mentioned
    156 Post(s)
    Why have two new shrine units, when you can have four in the span of one week.

Event News

Gold Rush with two New Year unit completion drops as part of the gold unit set
    Gold Healer "New Year's Healer Iris" and Gold Heavy Armor "New Year's Celebration Shield Leeanne"

More Shrine News in addtion to yesterday's.

On January 1st (New Year's), two new units will come to Premium Summon 1. Both units will only be available from January 1st to January 7th and will appear again at a later time.

Black Healer "New Year's Clothing Saint Elyse"

Skill: Overheal
    During skill activation, attack is greatly increased. The wait time after attack is doubled than normal.
    AW Skill: Saint's Offense Karuta
    During skill activation, attack speed increases. The wait time after attack is shortened and attack is slightly reduced.
    Ability: Lucky Heal
    Has a chance to increase healing power.
    AW Ability: Kingdom's Iroha Karuta
    The following effects will be randomly activated:
    - Increase ATK
    - Heals 3 allies in range
    - Nullify damage to an ally

Platinum Soldier "New Year's Instructor Katie"

Skill: Call to Reinforcements III
    Recovers 15 UP.
    AW Skill: New Year's Greetings' First Practice (or New Year's First Practice I guess)
    Automatically activates. All soldiers have ATK and DEF up permanently.
    Ability: Magic Resistance
    Increases MR to self.
    AW Ability: Festive Umbrella's Amulet
    By being in an active team, all soldier-class units gain increased MR.

Other News:

- Year End New Year's campaign: Any SC package bought will have a 15% increase in total SCs received. Duration is from Dec. 28 to Jan. 4.
    - Silver female and male base combination EXP increases by 3x and 1.5x respectively during this campaign.
    - HOME background and bgm will change to a New Year's theme on Jan. 1.

1 out of 0 members found this post helpful.

Commander
    Rep
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    @Geirhildr

Enchanters suck for many reasons.
    * Expensive (compared to witches etc)
    * Bad dps, they do less than most (even gold) witches... this isn't entirely their fault, witches have 2AW and enchanters don't. But witches get a slow attached to their attack, too...
    * Extremely niche skill, often physical damage is better than magic damage anyway, and most of the rest of the time it doesn't matter which you use.
    * Skill CT/WT is ridiculously long, duration quite short for something that might not even be a damage boost.
    * Actually fairly bad vs golems (ironically) since golems have high magic resistance...

I actually pulled Ersha on her initial banner years ago, I don't think I've ever used her.

Rep
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Diirk View Post
    @Geirhildr

Enchanters suck for many reasons.
    * Expensive (compared to witches etc)
    * Bad dps, they do less than most (even gold) witches... this isn't entirely their fault, witches have 2AW and enchanters don't. But witches get a slow attached to their attack, too...
    * Extremely niche skill, often physical damage is better than magic damage anyway, and most of the rest of the time it doesn't matter which you use.
    * Skill CT/WT is ridiculously long, duration quite short for something that might not even be a damage boost.
    * Actually fairly bad vs golems (ironically) since golems have high magic resistance...

I actually pulled Ersha on her initial banner years ago, I don't think I've ever used her.
    No one compares Enchanters to witches, their roles are different, and witch has 2AW is not a right comparison.
    In term of niche, Enchanter and Alchemist almost have the same role, but Alchemist is more useful because the debuff is tied to their class, not ultra short gimmick skill. That's why i said their skills make them so irrelevant and add extra micromanagement. And i do believe the devs think Enchanter skill is too OP that they don't want them have a long skill duration. So if she has perma skill, She+ any archer/Vamp hunt/rear tactician/pirate.. are on pair with 2 witches if not better in term of dps wise (plus those melees in range).

I think you were exaggerating on golems and Magic dps is less favor than Physic. Even though golems have high MR, magic has been always the better way to kill it (witches, Necromancer, princess...), unless you have Signy or well an Alchemist, true DPS is not that common. While i haven't used Enchanter this much, i once used one in that armored majin.

Last edited by Geirhildr; 12-27-2017 at 04:55 AM.

Commander
    Rep
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    I was comparing witches and enchanters in terms of dps, because enchanters skill is very rarely useful and outside of that all they do is dps. It may not be fair that one has second awakening and the other doesn't, but that's the current state of the game, so at the moment witches just do better dps (before they even use their skills, which increases the gap more).

For golems, enchanters sort of work, but the problem is you wouldn't bother unless its a tough golem, and tough golems you might not be able to kill inside the 15 second skill window... and the units you'd want to use inside the skill window are different to what you'd want to use for sustained dps. So if you can tank the golem, it's easier to just go for sustained dps. Positioning is a bit tricky as well, enchanters have a long time before they can use their skill so you need to place them beforehand... but you also can't let them be in range of the golem before it gets in tank position, as all the tough ones start doing nasty ranged attacks below 99% hp.

Basically, it's usually just more effort to use an enchanter than to not use an enchanter.

Edit: Rikka and Emperor for easy to get good true damage sources. Also Metus.

Last edited by Diirk; 12-27-2017 at 06:55 AM.

Rep
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Metus is real good, but they alone can't kill big golems, how many times did they rely on dancer (another gimmick class). That's why i emphasised on their skill duration, if Anri has perma skill, it's pretty great, normal ranged units (archer, pirate...) or soldier can easily take down golems. Also you said it yourself, taking down a tough golem is all about positioning blocker, burst dps.. that's why with their short skill it adds more works to you.
    About Witches' 2ndAW, i meant in their 2ndAW form they still served as a witch which was a different role to Enchanter.

My point is, Enchanter as a class does not suck, it's their skill that sucks. When taking account Rion+Nanally/Sue+ Perma skill Enchanter that will pretty much the core dps for major of Majin maps that dosen't have high MR (even if they're there're many that can debuff MR). Aamon has those ants, Cimeries, Agares and Vepar.

Last edited by Geirhildr; 12-27-2017 at 08:51 AM.

Rep
    Mentioned
    156 Post(s)
    Early update for this week.

Event News:

- 1.5x drop rate boost for both story and daily maps. On Saturday and Sunday JST, all dailies will be available. Duration is from Jan. 4 to Jan. 11.
    - AW orb maps will have doubled drop rate and a black unit helper on the field.
    - 4* challenge maps for the Makai arc. Applies to 魔界を行く者たち, 魔界都市, and ダークエルフの女王.
    - Revival: Majin Kimaris and Verdinath
    - Charisma for Majin maps will decrease with Prince EXP and gold adjusted accordingly. Implemented after December 28's maintenance.

Shrine News:

In addition to the two Premium summon banners, here are the pick-up listings:
    B: Cornelia, Sylseth, Miyabi, Teeny
    P: Uzume, Saria, Mia, Clarice, Lina

Other News:

- Dark Knight 2AW classes: Master Paladin and Chaos Knight

"Chaos Knight" Cornelia

- Fame summon points are reset after Jan. 4's maintenance. Chibi Shizuka and Kayou to replace Chibi Sarah and Soma. The latter pair will return at a later time.

1 out of 0 members found this post helpful.