Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      As a counter measurement to Ad spam, newly registered users are required to create a thread in the Introduction Forum before allowing to be able to reply and create threads.
      Please allow some time for posts to be approved. We thank you for your patience on this matter.
Bookmark Thread
Page 187 of 189 FirstFirst ... 87137177185186187188189 LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,870 of 1887
    IGN
    コスモスペンギン
    Server
    Hashirajima Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

I have just evaporated about 12k fuel and 17k ammo on 22 failed attempts to get an S-rank at 5-5 for the Sara K2 quest - which left me with just <6k ammo and 21k fuel and forced me to abandon all hopes of completing this quest line before the Fall Event, plus delaying my first 6-5 clearing attempt.

At least I have 3 expedition fleets running 24/7 so I should still be relatively OK for next month's event. Maybe.

KanDex completed and graduated from LSC on January 6, 2018 with Taihou found. :)
    Winter 2018 Event cleared (H-H-H-M-H-H-M) and all new ships acquired March 9, 2018

Rep
    Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Maybe 馬鹿なこと but what is this new formation at bottom right?
    けいかいじん 警戒陣

vigilance; caution; alertness; precaution; being on guard​... ?

formations.jpg

IGN
    f50grunt
    Server
    Iwagawa Airfield
    Rep
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    I don't know if it really counts at my recent failure or idiocy, but I started sending along a kaiboukan for sparkling runs in 1-1 because it seems to really help cutting down in the main ship taking damage and needing repair, and this happened:

I'd point out that Kongou is still equipped for shelling support, but I'd think that even with no equipment she'd still be able to out damage a level 8 kaiboukan.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Server
    Explosive Licking Castle
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1598 Post(s)
    How to be an idiot, be me and try to fire Z-cannon (Quarterly quest Operation Z to A rank 2-4,6-1,6-3 and S rank 6-4) on the last few days of the month.

Now, I usually do the previous 3 quests, the A ranks, because they are required by the other quarterly quests, and leave the 6-4 S rank to the last because I usually have no reason to sortie to 6-4 as well. So my quest counter was on 80% (meaning 3/4 requirements completed), I set up my fleet for 6-4 killing, selected the quest, and went in, boom, S rank...

... and the quest remained at 80%...???

So confused as I was I thought that I must have missed one of the other requirements and proceeded to each of them again, keeping a tally, and the quest still remained at 80%, and I thought maybe I somehow did not get a S rank or select the quest even though I did, but I checked the record and I most certainly did... so I was absolutely confused.

And then it struck me. The 我が第一艦隊 in the quest's description is not for show.
    For the Operation Z quarterly quest, if the fleet you used to attain the victory was not in the first fleet slot, the victory will not count!

and I had been sortieing using one of the other fleets due to double-timing with the event sorties... damn....
    so I set the sortie fleet to the first fleet, S-ranked 6-4 again, and the quest completed, but not after wasting a pile of resources and buckets getting all those other unnecessary victories that counted for nothing.

If there's one thing I did learn, however, it's that the new vanguard formation is stupidly overpowered in a lot of places where you just need your squishy fleet to survive. The 6-4 Ru-class node, the 6-3 pre-boss torpedo squadron nodes, even the 6-1 anti-sub comps. I had never before brought a fleet of perfectly healthy subs to the boss in 6-1, and now suddenly it occurs with ease... Is this a dream or a nightmare?

KanDex First Completed 16 February 2016 // HQ Lvl 120! 9 March 2016 // 3rd Anniversary with Hiyou! 31 March 2018

Kancolle RPG Replay Circle アホウドリ
    Twitch

IGN
    Ferreae
    Server
    鹿屋基地
    Rep
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Sent a fleet in Exercises to nuke subs.

A-ranked. Ship wanted to MVP, didn't.

Sent them against another sub fleet.

Same result.

Checked equip....

..might have helped had ANYONE had ANY ASW gear.

Rep
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Scrapped more than 6 DEs because I already got almost all of them and they are useless anyways... later it came to me that they give hp and luck as modernization fodder from a patch a month or so... shoot me.

IGN
    かぜばね
    Server
    Hashirajima Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    @F50Grunt Actually if a pre-married Kongou wields two 46cms, which is a popular equipment for support shelling, she really could possibly miss everyone

The only solution is to buy her a ring

Got stuck and cannot proceed, then you, my first battleship passionately came: Kongou 143/165, 2016-02-28
    LSC Journey | Taihou 2016-06-16 | Yamato 2016-09-03 | Musashi 2016-09-08 | Bismarck 2016-09-10
    KanDex complete: 2018-03-18

Server
    Buin
    Rep
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    sortied ducky without equipment and then wondered why AACI wasn't activating at all.

Rep
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    2 years of play and still no Bismarck I end this event by scrapping dupe YamaSushi

7 missing ships left:
    Kishinami, Shinyou, Gotland, Maestrale, Nelson, Hamanami and Taihou.

Commander
    Rep
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Sub fleet 3 fucked up on 2-3 too many times and has been scrapped (literally)

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.