Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      As a counter measurement to Ad spam, newly registered users are required to create a thread in the Introduction Forum before allowing to be able to reply and create threads.
      Please allow some time for posts to be approved. We thank you for your patience on this matter.
Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Rep
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Constructing Your Waifu (Model Ships!)

@AdmiralYamamoto Absolutely awesome. Thank you for sharing.

Just to check, but did you assemble/paint everything yourself? I would love some pointers if you're willing to share.

Rep
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

So I also got a model of my first and favorite BB Nagato. It's a waterline model with all the extra goodies. Love all them goodies.

However, I'm only experienced in putting together gundam models, master grade is the highest I've gone, and those were to say the least are all snap together and stickers. So I've not started on Nagato yet. I don't know which glue I should use to not damage her and what are good brands of paint to use.

I also have a few of these mini model kits that are prepainted and just require you to glue them together. Anyone know some great glue and paint brand to use?

Leyana colored for me!<3 Alt Siggy by El Lagarto
    HQ:107 Playing since:02/10/14 Collection complete! 5/7/2015

Rep
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

@Chanpuru THE PARTS ARE COLORED?~?~?

Rep
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

@lanagant Just the mini model ones. The waterline one isn't.

Leyana colored for me!<3 Alt Siggy by El Lagarto
    HQ:107 Playing since:02/10/14 Collection complete! 5/7/2015

Rep
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

@Chanpuru oic. i used those thin cement glues for my models back in the days. it takes about 24 hours for them to dry which made my life easier since its so easy to mess up those tiny parts.

Tirpitz chan

@Hatsushimo Just now saw your reply, derp. Yes, all the parts are assembled and hand-painted, aside from the big Musashi hull which was spraypainted due to its size.
    I´m not the best painter in the world, by far, so closer inspection reveals some mistakes here and there.
    Besides, there´s far better models out there, such as the 1-100 scale model on the modelmaking forum i´m on:
    Musashi 1/100

Preview pic of the finished ship looks fucking real:

Kaigun Shousa (海軍少佐) skittleslol's Avatar
    Rep
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Oh, hey, a model kit making thread! :D

Was thinking of starting one when I manage to get my hands on a model kit... but unfortunately it's kinda hard to come by where I live.

And it's also a bit expensive for me :P but I'll see if I can get one and post it here.... sometime... maybe in 2 years after I graduate...

Rep
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

@AdmiralYamamoto That Musashi model is pure awsome. Well the building took 8 years, longer than the original.

Tirpitz chan

@Zoamelgustar The difference being that this one was made by ONE GUY in his free time, while the real one was made by hundreds of people working 10+ hours a day. :P

IGN
    フダ
    Rep
    Mentioned
    4572 Post(s)

Only ever built planes before, but i do have a 1/1200 USS enterprise in my stack, got it just because it was cheap xD. There are plans however to build a Fusō one day tho. Until then, ill stick to drawing. Satsuki and Yamato WIP now! ^^

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Search and Rescue Task Force "Loli-One"
    IMPORTANT NOTICE IMPORTANT NOTICE IMPORTANT NOTICE
    In the face of imminent disaster, a temporary shelter has been put together in discord.
    ALL GCT LOLIS REPORT TO THE SHELTER ASAP-LEAVE NO LOLI BEHIND
    >>>>> https://discord.gg/hRYGuPz <<<<<