Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      The Yura K2 patch maintenance has ended. Check out the patch thread for more information and discussion.
Bookmark Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Koe no Katachi

Rep
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Koe no Katachi

Was surprised to see no thread for this manga
    [+] Spoiler
    Will we ever see them kiss? :[

Rep
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Koe no Katachi

I loved this manga so much.
    Would really love to see some follow up or spin-off material.

Rep
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ahhh read this and enjoyed it

Rep
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Almost done reading it. Powerful and touching at all times, a highly recommended read!

Glad to see an anime adaption coming soon!

Stay safe out there...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

IGN
    Jammies
    Server
    Truk Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

This thread hasn't had talk in it for a while, but it was confirmed that the anime adaptation would be a movie rather than a TV series. Still no word on a date, studio, or cast yet. With a movie I'd think they would only put the pilot/preview short version of the series which, while it was a good read, is really only showcasing the tip of the iceberg for what a strong and emotional series it was. So I'm a little worried for what's to come but I'm gonna end up watching it anyways because, who knows, maybe if the movie gets enough support it'll expand into a TV anime or a multi-movie series.

In terms of studios though I'd be lying if my ideal studio to work on it wasn't the team behind 5cm/second and Kotonoha no Niwa, but after the visual bliss that was KimiUso I'd be okay if A-1 Pictures got a hold of it.

Rep
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

there will be an anime for this, no?.. i love the storyline but the ending is a cliffhanger.. i want to see what happen beyond that door..

IGN
    Jammies
    Server
    Truk Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

@roxadpm The final volume of the manga had a confirmation that we'll be getting an animated movie for Koe no Katachi, but we know nothing else beyond the fact that "an animated movie is in production". I have my doubts that it'll continue from the end of the manga as it seemed intentionally open-ended for the reader to interpret, but here's to hoping whatever they have in mind is still enjoyable!

Rep
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

@jammertime i see.. i'm kinda afraid that the movie won't be able to explain the character depths.. well it doesn't have to continue right from where the comic ends.. it's just that i want to see what happened after they entered that "door".. yeah, hopefully they make it into one tear jerking movie..

IGN
    Lempika
    Server
    Saiki Bay Docks
    Rep
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Much love for this series. It remains to be the only series that I've actually gone and bought the physical copies for the entire series for. I'm looking forward to the movie, but unless it's a decent length, it's going to be hard fitting everything that happened, much less in an appropriate pace. But more is more, and I didn't expect it to be getting any form of adaptation while it was publishing, so I'm still all for it.

Also Ueno best character.

HQ 106 | SENDAI 155 | RESTOCKING | KAI NI LIST | PIXIV | TWITTER | STEAM | ART THREAD

dranzerstar: I cant even find panties on lem twitter | dranzerstar: im internetly upset

Kaigun Shousa (海軍少佐) skittleslol's Avatar
    Rep
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jammertime View Post
    In terms of studios though I'd be lying if my ideal studio to work on it wasn't the team behind 5cm/second and Kotonoha no Niwa, but after the visual bliss that was KimiUso I'd be okay if A-1 Pictures got a hold of it.
    I don't really think Makoto Shinkai draw in any other art aside from his, which is why based backgrounds of 5cm/s, Garden of Words, and The Promised Place. If KimiUso is Shigatsu wa Kimi no Feels, then yea, A-1 is pretty gut.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yuri is love, Yuri is life