Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: Winter Event 2017 FAQ
01-10-2015, 09:56 PM #1
Winter Event 2017 FAQ
Winter 2017 Kantai Collection Event FAQ
- When will the event start and how long does it last?
- An event is being scheduled for the first-half of February. tweet reference. This event will be of a relatively small scale according to this.
- Are there any hints on possible rewards for this event?
- One Kamikaze-class destroyer will be added with the event; tweet.
- Will the devs implement any kind of new mechanic or system this event?
- No information is available yet.
- Is there any information on what to prepare and the general layout?
- Nothing has been mentioned yet.
- No ship types have been mentioned as of yet.
- What will the difficulty system look like?
- Due to past experience it can be assumed that the new difficulty system is the default one now, explanation below.
This difficulty system lets players choose on what option they want to clear a map. The three options are easy (no requirements), medium (minimum level 35 HQ) and hard (minimum level 80 HQ). Clearing a map which constitutes of clearing the meter and killing the flagship on the boss will lock a map on a chosen difficulty, this cannot be reversed. However players can choose another difficulty before clearing a map as often as you want, this will result in the meter being reset and players will have to start from scratch on that map.
The difficulty of each map can be chosen separately, however admirals are only able to increase it by a factor of 1 after each map. This means that if someone clears E-1 on easy they will not be able to choose hard on E-2, however if they picked medium on E-2 it will be possible to choose hard for E-3. There are no limitations when it comes to decreasing difficulty.
This explicitly states that difficulty selection will be an option.
- Will there be fleet locking?
- So far there has not been any mention that fleet lock will exist.
- What is some general advice that players can follow?
- Prepare a diverse fleet which consists of a number of ships from each class to cover potential branching rules, combined fleet requirements and other factors. The order of importance goes from heavy ships to light ships and Kanmusu with higher stats among their class are the preferable choice. CLTs are an exception for the former rule as they are incredibly useful in a lot of situations and should be at the top of the priority list of ships to prepare.
- Veteran players will scout the maps so it is advisable to be patient until information surfaces since they have the leeway to lock some ships to figure out branching and others factors. This is especially important if you started to play recently and have a very limited fleet and resources available.
- The first post of every event thread will have detailed information about each map e.g. difficulty, rewards, branching and other factors. It will also include walkthroughs from Kantai Analysts and Veteran Players which should provide guidelines on how to clear each map and you should consult these posts before starting a map yourself so you can plan ahead.
- Stockpiling resources should start about 2 weeks before the first day of the event. Keeping your resources under your soft cap until then is recommend, so you can make use of the natural regeneration which will enable you to spend more on construction, development and sorties.
- Since gathering buckets takes a lot more time than resources you should adjust your playlist earlier so their number increases, expedition 2 is the key factor for this.
- As the event gets closer you should stay away from big resources expenditures like spam development and construction or LSC.
- Take your time in clearing the event and don't rush it, past events usually lasted for 2 weeks or longer so there is plenty of time.
- Patience is Key
- Equipment plays an important role therefore you should prepare accordingly. The following list provides a rough overview on what you should have ready.
Last edited by nwrtz; 01-15-2017 at 10:52 AM.