Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      As a counter measurement to Ad spam, newly registered users are required to create a thread in the Introduction Forum before allowing to be able to reply and create threads.
      Please allow some time for posts to be approved. We thank you for your patience on this matter.
Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    IGN
    Lempika
    Server
    Saiki Bay Docks
    Rep
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Re: Admiral Lempika's Artwork Logbook

It's been a while since I bumped this thread last, but anyway here's a drawing of my TRPG fleet that I'm a part of.

I don't think I've ever drawn something this silly before. It's a big mess really, and I'll be honest, half the reason I went for monochromatic was because I couldn't be arsed colouring it, and the other half being that I haven't done a monochromatic one in a while. It's pretty much basically still a sketch. I often see artwork by other artists which have sketch lines still there in the end product, and the way it adds to the picture rather than detracting from the overall feel is a technique I still haven't really wrapped my head around. It's a really neat trick and I definitely want to learn how to go about doing that.

Oh yeah and I'm still taking requests for signatures and general GFX.

HQ 107 | SENDAI 155 | RESTOCKING | KAI NI LIST | PIXIV | TWITTER | STEAM | ART THREAD

dranzerstar: I cant even find panties on lem twitter | dranzerstar: im internetly upset

IGN
    S.Razelrink
    Server
    Paramushir Docks
    Rep
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)

@Lempika I vaguely know what this is about, but it's still ridiculously awesome! (.. especially how you drew dranzer)

you're so good at this, though! these drawings actually remind me of another forum user's art style, but they're no longer active on the forums :'(

thanks to Lycanous for the not-so-existent yet still great signature! I'll get it back one day..

IGN
    Lempika
    Server
    Saiki Bay Docks
    Rep
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Made a new signature for practice. I think it might be a bit too bright, judging from how my retinas feel like burning every time I stare at it for too long. Been fiddling with brush settings and whatnot. Would like some c&c if possible.

@S.Razelrink Thanks for your kind words! I'm kind of curious to know who that old user is. Did that person have a thread here?

HQ 107 | SENDAI 155 | RESTOCKING | KAI NI LIST | PIXIV | TWITTER | STEAM | ART THREAD

dranzerstar: I cant even find panties on lem twitter | dranzerstar: im internetly upset

IGN
    S.Razelrink
    Server
    Paramushir Docks
    Rep
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)

@Lempika yes! the profile name is petit-cheese, and their artwork thread is located at: http://www.himeuta.net/f17-artwork/p...redux-196.html

petit-cheese draws really slender figures, but the way they draw their character's postures give me the same sort of feel when I look at your drawings!

thanks to Lycanous for the not-so-existent yet still great signature! I'll get it back one day..

Rep
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)

I couldn't resist posting after seeing that dranzer shoukaku.
    But yea GJ, I love those silly expressions and your sigs are quite good as well (the most recent one might be a bit too bright as you mentioned).

Looking forward to seeing more of your stuff.

together we form god

Granblue Fantasy ID: 6384555

IGN
    Lempika
    Server
    Saiki Bay Docks
    Rep
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Signature for @Nitroflame. That makes two whole requests done. Looking back, I'm a bit uncertain about the C4D's colour compared to the rest of it. The flow of the signature was also originally going to go downwards to the left in front of Yamato, but after putting the flame stuff, it went against the general flow. I flipped the background and it somehow kinda sorted itself out. I found the render here, if anyone was interested.

Definitely inspired by @artificial this time. Your stuff is way too cool. Also I totally had help from your tutorial. Didn't know about the gradient map function, I've literally been using the gradient tool for colour correction up until now.

@S.Razelrink I forgot to thank you yesterday for the link. I had a look through their stuff, and I see what you mean when you said you saw some similarities. Would be nice if they came back!
    @kuavera Thanks. I was wondering because my monitor's brightness is a bit high as well, but it's better to play it safe and lower the brightness I guess.

IGN
    S.Razelrink
    Server
    Paramushir Docks
    Rep
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)

@Lempika I dream of the day when petit-cheese returns :'( but your drawings are really nice as well, so I also really look forward to that!!

IGN
    Lempika
    Server
    Saiki Bay Docks
    Rep
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Did a little post editing with my sketch for today.

Still not sure how to properly blur things to focus the attention to the things I want, and I'm not sure if blurring it helped at all, but it's always fun.

IGN
    Lempika
    Server
    Saiki Bay Docks
    Rep
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

An experimental logo thing for personal use. My intention is to have the colours interchangeable so I throw it onto anything without the problem of colours clashing. It's rather simple, so I honestly wouldn't be surprised if something similar or identical to this already exists.

Rep
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Since we are now friends I figured I do a edit of something of yours!~ (Also since your doing me a sig thanks!)

I hope you like it. I did somethings to it haha. :D

There's something buried in the words. Your tears are adding to the flood. Give me a sign.