Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      As a counter measurement to Ad spam, newly registered users are required to create a thread in the Introduction Forum before allowing to be able to reply and create threads.
      Please allow some time for posts to be approved. We thank you for your patience on this matter.
Bookmark Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Rep
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: [Tool] Expedition Poi! - Recommendation of Expedition for Resources Needed

@Ara Which? I had included level, combined level, and drum canisters by now.

Current to do list:
    1) Calculation on great success (UI is the problem).
    2) Bucket in resource priority.
    3) Changing expedition number from input to drop down list with name (not sure if this could be done, or maybe a pop out to select the expedition?)

Rep
    Mentioned
    427 Post(s)

@Miracle Very cool tool, good job and thanks ! :D

http://i35.servimg.com/u/f35/11/63/99/79/wi3nav11.png
    Thanks to @Neskape for this signature !
    Many thanks to @Fuda ! Regulars GCT are wonderful !

Rep
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

To be honest when I first made this tool, it doesn't has the table showing the information of the expedition, only the recommended expedition is shown. But while I'm debugging the tool by showing various values, I suddenly thought, why not show these values too?

And the code become extremely messy as I didn't plan to add those features before, lol. Going to optimize the code when I have time so that other could just take the script and host it on other site (that's a plan very far into future).

Rep
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

@Miracle For number 3 you could have a Javascript Object with all the expeditions in it (key = expedition #, value = expedition name), then generate the list with unique ID's (something like 'option-x' where x is the expedition number) on document ready and then bind their event handler for onchange. Then you can just select by element ID by doing document.getElementByID('option-' + expeditionNumber).

Also make sure the expedition number is the first thing in the value so we can type a number and reach it quickly.

Rep
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

@Miracle great success mostly (well bucket too, but we pretty much know what to farm if we want buckets). What kind of problem on the UI do you have? You could just write between brackets the gain?

Rep
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

@Miracle
    I'm no expert on this and not sure if it'll help but if you make a checkbox that impliment Great success into the resource calculation the equation can go something like:

Great Success Resource = Resource + ( Resource * 0.5)

Although for Admiral and ship EXP it will be [EXP + (EXP * 2)] instead and there's still the secondary resource part that I don't know how to help...

Once you go red, you never MUST go back

Your ships are your crew and we leave no crew behind.

Rep
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It'd be nice if, aside from a AFK time setting, if there could also be something of an Expedition number cap.

Right now, i've got Expeditions up to #16 unlocked (can't do 17 yet, flagship too low) and while it's nice that the module is letting me know Expedition 37 is really good for Steel it's really taking up space of an Expedition number i would be able to tackle within the next two months ^^;

Also, it'd be nice if other stuff like furniture boxes could be added as well, but going by your To-do list i figure that's still being worked on along with buckets and such :)

In all, good work though!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    “Watch your step… If you fall, you’ll damage the floor.”
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Ship Count: (not including clones)
    HQ level 18 ~ 32 Destroyers (DD), 16 Light Cruisers (15 CL, 1 CLT), 13 Heavy Cruisers (CA), 3 Light Aircraft Carriers (CVL), 1 Aircraft Carrier (CV), 4 Battleships (1 BB, 3 BBV)

Rep
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

@cyrismustang Thanks! This is actually my first try in javascript, I'm still familiarizing myself with it.
    @Ara UI design, the UI doesn't looks neat to me now. I'm not that good in designing a UI though.
    @Zenom I will probably add a checkbox beside each expedition for Great Success.
    @Sigrun The Expedition number cap seems like a good idea. Alternatively I could just list out the top 10 best expedition in text, for example "The recommended expedition is 2, 3, 5. Alternatively you can try x, x, x, x, x, x, and x.", you could just ignore the expedition you don't have currently, and select the one you have (easier work for me too).

Furniture coin will certainly be added, but the bucket is more of a priority to me.

Anyway, finishing up the to do list is part of the to do list as I don't always follow my plan~ I may suddenly just add features not stated in to do list.

Rep
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

@Miracle: Oh, that'd be fine too, it's just that when i did a search on solo priority Steel it returned 3, 37, 20 so i only ended up with one recommended Expedition i could do. Whether they're filtered or the list is increased from a Top 3 to a Top 10 wouldn't really matter, as long as i have enough hits to send my fleets out :)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    “Watch your step… If you fall, you’ll damage the floor.”
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Ship Count: (not including clones)
    HQ level 18 ~ 32 Destroyers (DD), 16 Light Cruisers (15 CL, 1 CLT), 13 Heavy Cruisers (CA), 3 Light Aircraft Carriers (CVL), 1 Aircraft Carrier (CV), 4 Battleships (1 BB, 3 BBV)

Rep
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

@Sigrun Just added alternative expedition. Going to make this optional later.

Now I'm wondering if I should add in experience or just link to the expedition page on wiki,