Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      As a counter measurement to Ad spam, newly registered users are required to create a thread in the Introduction Forum before allowing to be able to reply and create threads.
      Please allow some time for posts to be approved. We thank you for your patience on this matter.
Bookmark Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Unregistered

Re: World 5-5: Northern Salmon Sea Area

420 fighter power is enough. Any more is overkill and won't help in any way. You can afford to lose up to 43 fighter power along the way, and I've never lost more than half of that. I've seen the plane loss table but in practice whenever you lose more fighter planes in one slot it's made up for by losing less in another. However, there's also no point in using a weaker fighter plane; you're better off putting in an extra attack plane instead.

I'll admit that Saiun makes it harder to reach the boss, but I still wouldn't recommend dropping it (at least for final kill) unless you're running both hotels.

Adding on, I wouldn't really recommend using AP shells here. AP shells are more effective only if the target's armour is beyond a certain point (around 136 armour), and none of the enemies you'll encounter in 5-5 are at that point yet. I used type 32 radars + saiun (3 fast BB 3 CV) all the way, and encountered no problems sinking the enemies. I know AP shells also give some firepower (it helps a bit in night battle) but they don't give nearly as much accuracy as radars, so if you want to avoid overload you'll have to use weaker guns. However, overload can also be countered by accuracy from radars, so I can freely give my fast BBs 46cm guns. To each his own, I guess.

Regarding support fleets, if you want accuracy you could consider 2x 46cm + 2x T32 radar for BBs too. And since carriers don't suffer from overload I find that one radar on them is usually enough.

Finally, line ahead for everything is best.

Kaigun Shousa (海軍少佐)
    Rep
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have a question - why did you put the Reppuu 601 Air Group on Akagi's 32 slot and not on Kaga's 46?

Rep
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)

@Saro2775 Kaga's 46 slot is used for a better plane: Reppu Kai, +12AA, Spring 2014 E-1 reward.

together we form god

Granblue Fantasy ID: 6384555

Kaigun Shousa (海軍少佐)
    Rep
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kuavera View Post
    @Saro2775 Kaga's 46 slot is used for a better plane: Reppu Kai, +12AA, Spring 2014 E-1 reward.
    Ah, I see, ty :)

Shinmai Shosa (新米少佐)
    Rep
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks a bunch for this guide, it helped a ton.

Missing ships: Yamato

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Rep
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

This month I tried out using the 3-submarine route with Nagato (Level 131, 40 luck) as my flagship. I equipped her with: 51cm prototype, 41cm prototype, 41cm prototype, searchlight.

VoD: http://www.hitbox.tv/video/450531

This has a couple advantages over using Bismarck with double attack:
    -Over-cap attack power in day battle for increased damage output in parallel/head-on engagement vs Re/Wo at nodes 1, 3 and 4, which overall gives a better shot at sinking stuff during the day.
    -Better accuracy than Bismarck with two 46cms equipped. I think this is pretty big given the consequences for missing on pretty much any node.
    -Higher AA (for what it's worth).
    -A little lower repair costs

The disadvantages are:
    -Only about 75% cut-in chance at the boss node night battle.
    -6 less armor than Bismarck with 1 bulge equipped
    -Slightly lower evasion
    -One less HP

I was fairly lucky and got the cut-in 5 of 5 times (9 runs total). I didn't really have any problems with Nagato's durability, and the increased day battle damage over Bismarck was noticeable.

Overall I think it's a viable setup, but I don't know if I can rate it more highly than Bismarck Drei.

Rep
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

6 fast battleships is legit!

VoD: Twitch

Equipment loadouts are 2 main guns plus either 2 torpedo bulges, or 1 bulge 1 AP ammo on the flagship.

Positioning isn't too important except Bismarck Drei should be third because she is the strongest at night battle, so you want her to attack right before Re/Princess at the boss night battle.

Rep
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

So I've tried 5-5 for the first time. Deadend on the first try, retreat by preboss on 2nd try, third try reached the boss but Red T occurred and I failed to sink the boss.

Just saying something, unless you are able to run both Yamato-class / Bismarck (which not everyone are able to), Saiun is important to increase success chance at killing the boss. IMO they do not make reaching the boss that much easier because green T can still occur and Head-On engagement is not that much dangerous compared to Red T which rarely occur when you want it to.

LSC Complete 1/9/2015 : Yamato(1/9/2015), Shioi(31/8/2015), Taihou(15/6/2015), Bismarck(4/6/2015), Musashi(23/6/2015)
    All Ships Obtained : 14/2/2016, Continued as of Summer 2016

Rep
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kuren View Post
    So I've tried 5-5 for the first time. Deadend on the first try, retreat by preboss on 2nd try, third try reached the boss but Red T occurred and I failed to sink the boss.

Just saying something, unless you are able to run both Yamato-class / Bismarck (which not everyone are able to), Saiun is important to increase success chance at killing the boss. IMO they do not make reaching the boss that much easier because green T can still occur and Head-On engagement is not that much dangerous compared to Red T which rarely occur when you want it to.
    If you find Saiun will help you secure the win, then go ahead and use it. :) In my opinion most people will opt to not bring it since it takes up a slot which can be important depending on your equipment.

Not all runs reaching the boss will end with a victory. A red T-disadvantage only occurs 10% of the time.

----------

On another note I tried running the drum route again going the south-most route with Fast BB, CAV, CAV, CAV, CAV, and CV. 5 drums required and each CAV has to have at least 1 drum. It went... terribly.

If I have time I'll explore the other compositions brought up by people here and bring the guide up to speed in general.

Rep
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

@Blizzie

Haha..I knew it was just bad luck because the boss was left with 3 HP at night and I don't have any LSC hotels (which means sub route is out of the option as well) to use and only 1 Reppuu 601 but I am able to spare a Saiun for the extra air power before final form. Just wanna try and prove it is possible to clear it without hotels and any married ships.

Also, as for the deadend node L, I've seen people mentioning chances of dead end are higher when you managed to pass the third node with little to no damaged ships, I shall try taking records of my runs to see if it is somewhat true.

LSC Complete 1/9/2015 : Yamato(1/9/2015), Shioi(31/8/2015), Taihou(15/6/2015), Bismarck(4/6/2015), Musashi(23/6/2015)
    All Ships Obtained : 14/2/2016, Continued as of Summer 2016