Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Bookmark Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Rep
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Do we have any musicians here?

Piano here, self taught for about 5-6 years.

I play on and off, and like to upload some covers/arranges to YouTube now and then ;)

Anybody else here play an instrument? I'd love to here from you guys as well!

[+] Spoiler
    Here's one of my more recent videos...

Yup, this is me in the flesh! Aren't I just a cuti-pfft ahaha... NOPE, but a man can wish.... I know I'm not the shiniest gem out the box, though I hope negative thoughts like that don't stop people from sharing their talent!

-: Even a broken clock is correct twice per day :-
    http://steamcard.com/do/original/Hawkward.png

Rep
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Nice playing on that song. It's one of my favorites from AIR.

I've played piano for 14 years. Surprisingly I'm pretty camera shy (just IRL shy in general) so yeah. Best I can do is give a recording link.

Transcription of Karakuri Pierrot.
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...%20Pierrot.mp3

<@Saya> wat is ani3m
    <@Dargoth> don't pretend you aren't the most hardcore otaku in the channel

Rep
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    WELL I have absolutely no recordings, but I do play the accordion. I'll record one day I guess, I dunno what I'll play.

Quote Originally Posted by Soryuutown
    Episode synopsis: Soryuu steals a football from a group of small children, raves about conceptions of property and the Ego in an attempt to lull them into a state of constant egoism.

Rep
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I played the Xylophone when I was in the "Drum and Bugle" Never played it again. I can still play as long as I know the notes and how it's played though.

It's kinda like a piano. Except it's a percussion. But it has C,D,E,F,G,A,B with sharps. no base though.

"A hot night with me is as spicy as spicy can get"

Rep
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I've been playing the Guitar for 6 years. It's an electric guitar. It is this guitar. This actual guitar.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ❤The Eternal Struggle❤
    Current Lottery Record: 707. Did you get registration help through #HelpMeEnterprise? Donate!

Rep
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    @Saya *listens intently*

Don't take this as a negative thing, but it's safe to assume your piano is sliiiightly out of tune? Personally, I really like slightly out of tune pianos, it adds a bit of character to the music at times ~

Very nice arrange! I absolutely love this song, despite how sad the lyrics are. Reminds me of when I first heard The Disappearance of Hatsune Miku, I thought it was a happy song at first... then I felt like looking up the MV and lyrics... WELP, I'm sure you can guess how I felt.

One day, I actually hope to learn From Y to Y, it's my favourite arrange by Marasy, hence how I can't help but be so critical on his performances when I've seen him at such highs... I know it's pretty much standard practice for pianist, but that kind of rubato doesn't from from just following sheets, there's lots of emotion to be felt.

@Soryuu - Neat! I used to be in touch with an accordionist back in my college days. I've always been envious of how much strength it must take to play, looks painful actually xD How long have you played for, and what you do enjoy playing the most?

@Chiffonn - LOL, this reminds me so much back when school teachers in my school made you learn two instruments. I did pick drums at first... but I had no hand-eye coordination at all back then, so Xylophone was second best. They're a lot of fun to play for a while, but I'd never go back to it.... EVER >____>

@Enterprise - Love the guitar! Have you ever uploaded any covers, or taken part in a band? The only thing I can do with them is string and tune, but I can't play for crap :/

-: Even a broken clock is correct twice per day :-
    http://steamcard.com/do/original/Hawkward.png

Rep
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    @Hawkward I played DoHM too.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...EAD%20END-.mp3

Well, you're not incorrect. It's out of tune. I don't exactly follow sheet music either. Marasy's one of my main inspirations regarding this.

<@Saya> wat is ani3m
    <@Dargoth> don't pretend you aren't the most hardcore otaku in the channel

Rep
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    @Hawkward

Only the walls of my room and maybe the occasional neighbor have heard me play. I'm too critical of myself to I think that I can play something well enough to be uploaded for all to hear.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ❤The Eternal Struggle❤
    Current Lottery Record: 707. Did you get registration help through #HelpMeEnterprise? Donate!

Rep
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    @Hawkward

Actually only been playing for three years. I discovered it because of dire circumstances, so I'm not very good... and, you mean what composition I enjoy playing the most? Er, lots of French songs because the French like it for some reason. I'll go post a picture of my accordion.

Quote Originally Posted by Soryuutown
    Episode synopsis: Soryuu steals a football from a group of small children, raves about conceptions of property and the Ego in an attempt to lull them into a state of constant egoism.

Rep
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I still practice with my Xylos.
    Hoping that I can actually play with 4 mini mallets...

Maybe one day I'd be able to play this.

"A hot night with me is as spicy as spicy can get"