Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      Summer event 2017 has started. Check out the patch thread for more information and discussion.
Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Rep
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

this image is really big

also this picture was just taken now I guess

Quote Originally Posted by Soryuutown
    Episode synopsis: Soryuu steals a football from a group of small children, raves about conceptions of property and the Ego in an attempt to lull them into a state of constant egoism.

Rep
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    @Enterprise - What I'm about to show you is probably more painful for me than yourself, but bare with me.
    I started learning piano back in 2007, started with the keyboard... and I started uploading since 2008

[+] Spoiler
    WARNING... this will hurt, but it gets better by the years....

Aug 2008 -

Aug 2009 -

(embed limit reached, so here's URLs....)

Aug 2010 -
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nMHF82zrzU

July 2011 -
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zgQnZQ2g7c

June 2012 -
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1N_FHn0jeW4

May 2013 -
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sG8nZgrhNSI

Basically, we all start out as beginners, it can takes years of practise to get there, but don't let being self-critical overule the feeling of wanting criticism, or feedback. I'm not a musical connoisseur, but at the very least a person like myself could point out what we did like, and hopefully providing confidence. For me, it's the very few people on YouTube that watch, like and subscribe to my YouTube content that make me want to provide more.

Self-critical is important, it's what strives us to improve, the "amazing" parts to others, you might find yourself saying "that wasn't good enough yet" or "I can do better than this". Don't let that feeling put you down though.

- - - Updated - - -
    @Soryuu - I guess that's one element that would put me away from playing the accordion is the lack of dynamics, I really like the accordion sound, hell Scottish music centres around it, and the bagpipes so it's quite a cultural instrument for us, and I've grown a soft spot in a ways - I love when people play The Bonnie Banks O' Loch Lomond :D

@Saya - Definitely, I get a lot of inspiration from Marasy, TAM, Ismal (Tehishter), Maik (Animenz), and even a few friends that we all bounce inspiration between - i.e. I'll get inspiration from them, and they'll get inspiration from me which I used from something inspired by them, if you get what I mean... it works at least xD

@Chiffonn - Damn man, that arrange actually worked out really well. I wish you all the best for when the time comes!

-: Even a broken clock is correct twice per day :-
    http://steamcard.com/do/original/Hawkward.png

Rep
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    @Hawkward I appreciate you taking the time to share those clips with me/us. I could never bring myself to record myself doing anything, so that is very brave of you. I have a passion for music, as not a day goes by where I don't listen to something musical in my day. Due to a busy schedule, it has been difficult for me to practice anything recently, or maybe a lack of motivation is to blame. At the same time though, my love for the entire Vocaloid phenomenon has inspired me to want to become a producer, so I've been learning new things as far as composing on my computer. No results yet, though.

My desire to compose might be the opposite of what I say as far as performing and recording something with my guitar, but I feel they are somewhat different. It is difficult to explain, I suppose. Regardless, thanks for the words of wisdom, but I think I'm content with just playing for the sake of playing. I don't feel a need to share that with the world. It would be more likely that I compose an entire piece and share that before I share a sound-byte or clip of me playing the guitar.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ❤The Eternal Struggle❤
    Current Lottery Record: 707. Did you get registration help through #HelpMeEnterprise? Donate!

IGN
    Ryuuoh
    Server
    Hitokappu Bay Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1191 Post(s)
    Do voice-synthesizing software count?

Give Me All The P O M F S

Mucchan Marriage: 08/18/14, Graf Marriage: 10/22/16

Rep
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    @Enterprise - I understand you completely, don't sweat it. In fact, just a few years ago, while I'm not saying you were like me by any means, I couldn't have avoided people more in life even if I wanted to. I was camera shy, lacked confidence, and just used piano, and YouTube uploads as something to pour my time into. It soon got more attention, and I started watching anime, which steadily lead me to coming out of my shell more and being rather extrovert, rather than how closed off I was a few years ago, so I'm personally in debt to music, and even anime.

So in a ways, I can relate to where you want to stay at with your music. I'm not looking to get anything from my covers/arranges either... but use it more as a "yeah, I did that!" kind of thing? It makes me happy to know that I can track back myself nearly 6 years, and see where I've come over that time, and relate that to my life and how I've changed, or how much I've grown. But that's me, and how I like to do stuff, it doesn't mean that other people out there have to, however I do like to part my knowledge and experience wherever I can to try help others that really wish to gain more confidence or motivation.

In fact, I too was moved by the Vocaloid phenomenon, when it came around, and even including the popularity in Touhou Project doujin albums, it gave of a feeling of "if these people can do this, then what's to stop me?" There's a lot of personal development to be had as well, and has become something I'm so proud of that I even put on my resume / curriculum vitae, always mentioning it in my Hobbies / Interests section - of course making it sound muuuuuch more fancy than it really is... heh ~!

Anyway good luck with your music! If you ever happen to make an audio snippet be it a composition or a cover, hit me up on this thread, or PM me if you wish. I'd love to be able to listen and give my thoughts, though I of course don't intend to make you feel forced on that choice!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuuoh DeltaPlus View Post
    Do voice-synthesizing software count?
    Sure, I don't see why not! When you think about it, Vocaloid is pretty much a virtual instrument, heck even software like FL Studio and Pro Tools can be seen as a virtual instrument, each of which requiring creative talent to make something from.

-: Even a broken clock is correct twice per day :-
    http://steamcard.com/do/original/Hawkward.png

Rep
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Being spoiled, my epiphany was late in the coming and piano was thrown at my face since at a young age. I was a small high-leveled destroyer but being traditional and older gens, they never explain anything and had no fundamentals. Naturally, I was taught only how to hate music.

Jealous of those who self-taught from the near beginning, very jealous.

My favorite song to play is Flawless Clothing of the Celestials, since I was doing it yesterday to relieve stress. SWR is magical. Hawhaw.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    さすがに これは 恥ずかしいな ・・・

IGN
    クロノマイスタ
    Server
    Tawi Tawi
    Rep
    Mentioned
    2340 Post(s)
    Haven't touched a musical instrument in years. Instruments touched in the past:
    Baritone/euphonium (mainly HS band and a couple years college marching band where there were no tryouts. You play, you in)
    Piano (can't use more than one hand/two fingers)
    Jaw harp (wonder where that thing went)

Personally, I would much rather work on my voice. Not so much singing but different accents, tones, etc. I never have a problem with volume though.

IGN
    Ryuuoh
    Server
    Hitokappu Bay Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1191 Post(s)
    I've been a Vocaloid and UTAU user for some time now.. I haven't been making anything these days though..

Here are some samples of what I covered:

[+] Spoiler

[+] Spoiler

Give Me All The P O M F S

Mucchan Marriage: 08/18/14, Graf Marriage: 10/22/16

Rep
    Mentioned
    220 Post(s)
    @Hawkward

Playing piano as well, had 4 years of classical lessons as a child until stuff happened and I was forced to quit. Started taking lessons again about 15 months ago. I mostly play classical stuff though, anime/game stuff only if I really like it and the transcriptions are more elaborate and there are sheets(very important to me).

IGN
    S.Razelrink
    Server
    Paramushir Docks
    Rep
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    @Soryuu play it for us! I want to hear what it sounds like

@Hawkward I started playing the piano by memorising 'where to press the keys' (yes, with both hands) from... 2010 or 2011? I'm obviously not good at piano because I've never formally - or even casually - been taught how to play the piano; I just play it. I found it quite fun to play since I really enjoyed playing music games, so playing a piano by memory didn't feel very different in that aspect!

I'm most proud of being able to play this piece composed by asian pop singer 'jay chou'. of course not as fast as the player in the video, but to a slightly slower speed, with occasional mistakes! apart from that, I've been playing various touhou songs (plain asia, old world keine is so cool), anime openings (such as black butler's 'kagayaku sora no shijima wa') but have forgotten how to play those pieces. re-learning them would probably take me a few hours to recall those forgotten pieces, since it's all in muscle memory! people tell me that I should seriously go out of my way to learn the basics of piano because I can't read piano sheet music... I have to look at the sheet, and keep pressing keys on my electronic piano until the notes are aligned on the display screen with the sheet music :\

apart from thaaaat, I play the violin but not very well, despite having learnt it for three years Q___Q

thanks to Lycanous for the not-so-existent yet still great signature! I'll get it back one day..