Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      As a counter measurement to Ad spam, newly registered users are required to create a thread in the Introduction Forum before allowing to be able to reply and create threads.
      Please allow some time for posts to be approved. We thank you for your patience on this matter.
Bookmark Thread
Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast
    Rep
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

[Interest Check] Abyssal Girl RP

Alright, this is an odd thing I was thinking of for a while (outside of being at the forum) and have decided to post my idea here:

Would anyone be interested in doing an RP where you play from the perspective of one of the Abyssal Girls (or Abyssal Princesses) of the players choosing. If anyone would be interested in this, even if it is only being interested in the idea of this, then please feel free to let everyone know by posting your thoughts here.

Thank you for reading, please consider this idea, and have a nice day.
    [+] Spoiler
    kitsuneshoujo Ta-Class
    Widric
    Battleship Symbiotic Hime
    YasenBaka Aircraft Carrier Oni
    Lady Izuna Southern War Hime

E.S. Standard Carrier Wo Class
    Thatman Airfield Hime
    Starmiya Hime Aircraft Carrier Hime

Rep
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Re: [Interest Check] Abyssal Girl RP

KanColle RP as the Abyssals, or the admirals leading them... I don't mind taking a shot on that.

But, I'm wondering how would you start or handle this. What kind of setting, or plot that the RP will take place in? Is it something like Kei Suwabe's This is the Enemy Waters doujin, with some slice of life, hilarious stuffs happening at the Abyssal Fleet with the occasional, random meet-ups with the kanmusus?

Or is it something that is more serious and war-related themes? Something like Morgane's A World Worth Fighting For RP, where the Abyssal Fleet are actually going against with the ship girls, where we will start off with a base of our own, develop the Abyssal forces and technologies, and most importantly, character developments?

Or the story will be something like finding why the Abyssals are trying to invade the lands in the first place?

Admiral on hiatus, returning soon - Skipped Fall 2015 _(:3 」âˆ* )_ - Sig and Avy by Reunilu

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Rep
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by E.S. View Post
    KanColle RP as the Abyssals, or the admirals leading them... I don't mind taking a shot on that.

But, I'm wondering how would you start or handle this. What kind of setting, or plot that the RP will take place in? Is it something like Kei Suwabe's This is the Enemy Waters doujin, with some slice of life, hilarious stuffs happening at the Abyssal Fleet with the occasional, random meet-ups with the kanmusus?

Or is it something that is more serious and war-related themes? Something like Morgane's A World Worth Fighting For RP, where the Abyssal Fleet are actually going against with the ship girls, where we will start off with a base of our own, develop the Abyssal forces and technologies, and most importantly, character developments?

Or the story will be something like finding why the Abyssals are trying to invade the lands in the first place?
    I was thinking of doing it as just the Abyssal Girls, with them acting as the leaders, but you do raise some good points. While I didn't think of the second one, it does sound like it would be a fun (if time consuming) prospect, though the first one does lend itself to a more casual approach of things, and doesn't have to be nearly as regimented. As for the stats for if we were going to have them, I remembered hearing that there was a Kantai Collection pen and paper Roleplaying game out, so we could try either applying that system to it, or do something a bit more on the simplistic side of things, with D20 and/or D100 rolls to help figure out what happens, using the stats provided in game as what we will use.

If that sounds like it would be too complicated a thing to do, then yeah, we should just go with the slice of life type structure.

Rep
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

I think it would be fun to do it an RP like Enemy Waters and throw in some exploration about why they are going against the ship-girls.

Rep
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

well this is an interesting take
    i am indeed interested
    well on the battles however i think you guys an probably employ normal writing instead of coin tossing ect
    like for example you cant always dodge shots or you cant always hit someone ect

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

married to Prinz Eugen
    10/6/2015 1728 hrs

Rep
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Iku chan kai View Post
    i am indeed interested
    well on the battles however i think you guys an probably employ normal writing instead of coin tossing ect
    That would actually make a large amount of sense to do, and greatly simplify everything. Is there anyone else who would support this idea, or do we have a general outline of what we want now and are capable of moving onto the next phase of things?

Rep
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Thatman View Post
    I was thinking of doing it as just the Abyssal Girls, with them acting as the leaders, but you do raise some good points. While I didn't think of the second one, it does sound like it would be a fun (if time consuming) prospect, though the first one does lend itself to a more casual approach of things, and doesn't have to be nearly as regimented. As for the stats for if we were going to have them, I remembered hearing that there was a Kantai Collection pen and paper Roleplaying game out, so we could try either applying that system to it, or do something a bit more on the simplistic side of things, with D20 and/or D100 rolls to help figure out what happens, using the stats provided in game as what we will use.

If that sounds like it would be too complicated a thing to do, then yeah, we should just go with the slice of life type structure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iku chan kai View Post
    i am indeed interested
    Not so fond with dice rolls too, and stats styled RP needs the GM to plan and flesh out the mechanics. I'm okay with freestyle combat dictated by writing, as most of my previous RPs went with that method too, provided that stuffs are... not too... yeah, you know what mean XD

Either way, I'm good with either light hearted plots or darker themes. Just that I'm more on to character developments or building up tensions, suspense, conjuring conspiracies...

Admiral on hiatus, returning soon - Skipped Fall 2015 _(:3 」âˆ* )_ - Sig and Avy by Reunilu

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Rep
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Well complicated mechanics usually turn people off
    and well I will try to help out to get this RP going if we get enought interest
    >major problems of RP is the interest gets killed so if you want to keep the RP going you might need something to hold the RPers attention

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

married to Prinz Eugen
    10/6/2015 1728 hrs

Rep
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by E.S. View Post
    Either way, I'm good with either light hearted plots or darker themes. Just that I'm more on to character developments or building up tensions, suspense, conjuring conspiracies...
    Same here, I like the social aspects of RP, not so much the shoot 'em up grr argh type RP ;p

Also if we decide on stuff, I like Ta-class for a character. :)

And we need to decide on what other characters are acceptable. Like the submarine girls that seem to be only a head-and-torso bonded to their ship-body(?). Some of the pics are so "busy" I can't really figure out what the girl looks like.

Rep
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

+1 cause abyssals are cool and I've been meaning to get back into rp.

I think trying to play an abyssal sub would be interesting - limited movement due to the whole doesn't really have a body thing seems like it would be fun to have to work around.

future waifu fleet ;
    jintsuu 94/99, sazanami 41/99, hiyou 85/99, ro-500 0/99, kashima 42/99

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]