Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      As a counter measurement to Ad spam, newly registered users are required to create a thread in the Introduction Forum before allowing to be able to reply and create threads.
      Please allow some time for posts to be approved. We thank you for your patience on this matter.
Bookmark Thread

Thread: Blogger

Rep
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Blogger

Recently, I've been thinking that Himeuta is lacking some fresh content, as it's pure forum based. I've been interested in getting a blog software out with maybe new posts and such and cross-post with vBulletin... what do you guys think?

More ideas and suggestions are welcome regarding topics, etc.

<@Saya> wat is ani3m
    <@Dargoth> don't pretend you aren't the most hardcore otaku in the channel

IGN
    artificial88
    Server
    Kanoya Airfield
    Rep
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Re: Blogger

Status updates were a nice addition to the forum, it kinda expands on the user experience in the forums. It's a neat way of letting users share simple thoughts with the rest of the userbase.

Blogs however, I'm not sure if it can fit well in here. If I had something to share and update continually, I think I'm better off creating a thread and discussing the matter with the users in here.

>tfw dead inside
    FB PAGE | DEVIANTART | STEAM
    HQ103 | WANTED: >>I-58 NO.2<< | TAIHOU | YAMATO | IOWA | OYASHIO

Rep
    Mentioned
    1587 Post(s)

@artificial I think she means hiring a specific writer to do the blogging instead of opening it up to all users, but I still agree with you. Either way, it feels out of place and unnecessay for a forum.

IGN
    クロノマイスタ
    Server
    Tawi Tawi
    Rep
    Mentioned
    2341 Post(s)

But then I might feel the need to do a full patch notes post instead of just handing off images and stats to someone else. Or worse you'll tell me to do it anyway instead of me doing it on my own.

Then I might have to *le gasp* do work.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilya Bryzgalov
    it's only.. it's only game. Y U heff 2 B mad?
    Quote Originally Posted by Herm Edwards

Rep
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Forum + blog combo is not a new or a rare thing. It has been done several times by other people. I feel that fresh content IS necessary, but it definitely does not have to be via blog.

<@Saya> wat is ani3m
    <@Dargoth> don't pretend you aren't the most hardcore otaku in the channel

Rep
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

I'm not really sure I see what a blog offers that can't be done in a thread. More content is good but I'm not sure if blogs are the way to go.

Rep
    Mentioned
    428 Post(s)

News content would be welcome, even if, as Artificial said, it probably won't fit with this forum. Due to the nature of the infos posted here, and already well followed through some dedicated thread/sub forum.

Thinking about our community, there is lot of fanfic writers, or drawers there, opening a sub forum, or permit them to put in highlights their stuff could be welcome. Not sure if i could be understand !

http://i35.servimg.com/u/f35/11/63/99/79/wi3nav11.png
    Thanks to @Neskape for this signature !
    Many thanks to @Fuda ! Regulars GCT are wonderful !

Kaigun Chujo (海軍中将) O. Van Bruce's Avatar
    Rep
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Anything that can be done to improve optimization and performance. We don't really want the same that happened during last event to repeat. That includes making the forum more visible and getting more income from ads and such which can be used to get a better service from your host.

Just saying.

Cruiser Doctrine
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ryuujou is a good Kanmusu.
    Never ever Murakumo Kai Ni,

Rep
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Saya View Post
    Forum + blog combo is not a new or a rare thing. It has been done several times by other people. I feel that fresh content IS necessary, but it definitely does not have to be via blog.
    Beast's Lair is the first one that comes to my mind.
    From what i can see, the blog is an opportunity to learn more about the daily lives of our members, and that is interesting, because it promotes the interaction among the members of this community.

Quote Originally Posted by O. Van Bruce View Post
    [...] making the forum more visible and getting more income from ads and such which can be used to get a better service from your host.[...]
    Utmost priority.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]