Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      As a counter measurement to Ad spam, newly registered users are required to create a thread in the Introduction Forum before allowing to be able to reply and create threads.
      Please allow some time for posts to be approved. We thank you for your patience on this matter.
Bookmark Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Rep
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Fun KanColle Doujin Statistics (C85-C87)

As to be expected, we were discussing KanColle over on the World of Warships topic when one of us (specifically, me) decided to go look at some statistics.

Methodology:

Taking aggregate data from C85, C86, and C87, I have ranked the popularity of KanColle characters based on the following parameters as listed in the table. This study is not peer reviewed, but has been independently collaborated by Japanese and Chinese sources, and can be assumed to be a sound and faithful attempt from the community (us) to recreate some statistics for us to laugh about.

Character rank (top 10) # of doujin books # of R18 doujin books % of R18
    Nagato 146 52 35.6%
    Akagi 152 23 15.13%
    Atago 152 82 53.9%
    Amatsukaze 174 67 38.5%
    Inazuma 182 37 20.32%
    Ikazuchi 194 37 19.07%
    Haruna 198 76 38.38%
    Shimakaze 257 76 29.57%
    Kongou-des! 271 77 28.41%
    Kaga 272 109 40.07%

As of 2015 Shimakaze has officially been de-throned. Taking her place is Kaga and Atago, respectively. Atago in particular holds a shockingly high R18 rate. My Japanese sources interpret this as either signs of great popularity or well, something else. You decide.

In general, the statistics are pretty interesting. Even the least popular ship girls have at least one fanbook dedicated to her, though this is only a fraction of all KanColle doujins published.

And just to prove that we Americans can do math, my cross-references can be found here and here. :)

Rep
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Fun KanColle Doujin Statistics (C85-C87)

Dang, wouldn't expect to see Kaga that much superior to the other girls in term of R18. Well, alright. Thanks for the references, gonna check that out.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Rep
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Personally, I'm not surprised that Atago has a high rateas A LOT I read off Fakku.net were doujin books about her. And yes... I first discovered Kancolle on a R18 doujin site. c:

I once brought my PS4 to the naval base and then it disappeared. I wonder where it is...

They better not be playing World of Tanks on that console. >_<

Rep
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Atago Kai Ni soon.

Also Ryuuhou C87 0% R18, pure status achieved.

Rep
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)

Nothing out of the ordinary, Kaga has always been top doujin material imo and I'm not surprised at all by Atago's % of R18. Some more variety could be nice tho, too much DesDiv6 for my liking.

together we form god

Granblue Fantasy ID: 6384555

IGN
    Shepard
    Server
    Kanoya
    Rep
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

It's been my experience that blond characters tend to be very popular (read: Char Aznable) and also characters with big boobs. So blond+big boobs? DOUBLE JACKPOT!!

Wo-san... why won't you come to my base?

You don't get it do you? It's a SHIP that launches Ship GIRLS! It's going to cause a rift in the space/awesome continuum!!

Rep
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

well.. i did enjoy walking through the kaga lane for c85 and c87... and it was like paradise... so yeah... (edit- looking at that graph.. ya.. the kaga boom was on 86.. then one i didnt go)

but then.. didnt notice it took the throne of most doujin tho...

meanwhile.. that prinz eugen boom at c87 is real... like... there was just so many big artist doing her...

IGN
    iPe7eR
    Server
    Hitokappu Bay Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

Needs more Zuihou,Kirishima and Tokitsu (tho Tokitsu had a few) >.<

If you're just living for your own sake, it's all up to you. No hard feelings. No regrets.
    ~Kyouko Sakura~

IGN
    Ryuuoh
    Server
    Hitokappu Bay Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1199 Post(s)

Prinz Eugen is a recent newcomer, so even if she has a lot of doujins, it still can't rival the old top placers like Kaga and Atago...yet.

For Atago's case, it's really no surprise that she got around 50% of her doujins in the R18 class.

Give Me All The P O M F S

Mucchan Marriage: 08/18/14, Graf Marriage: 10/22/16

IGN
    Raven
    Server
    Palau Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

I guess those "fuel tanks" of hers are responsible for the large amount of R-18 Doujin. There is a R-18 doujin of Nagato which ironically is truthful on showing how much respect America had for her.

How I got into Kancolle
    Also known as Cruiser_Kumano on World of Warships