Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      As a counter measurement to Ad spam, newly registered users are required to create a thread in the Introduction Forum before allowing to be able to reply and create threads.
      Please allow some time for posts to be approved. We thank you for your patience on this matter.
Bookmark Thread
Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Weiβ Schwarz

Rep
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Weiβ Schwarz

Also known as Weiss Schwarz in the English alphabet. I felt that since the Kantai Collection set is coming soon it would be appropriate to make a thread.

What is Weiss Schwarz (WS)?

Its a TCG created by Bushiroad, if you aren't familiar with them, they are a company known to make anime-themed card sleeves and other TCG accessories in addition to help create Vanguard Card Fight. The name translates into "White Black," referencing the different 'sides' of the game. Each side includes sets from different recent anime that has trial deck, boosters, and some with additional expansions. Some names you should expect to see are like Madoka, Love Live, and Little Busters on the Weiss side; while on Schwarz you will see series like Fate, Bakemonogatari, and Idolm@s.

JP website: http://ws-tcg.com/
    English website: http://ws-tcg.com/en/

Deck Tech from the 9th CX: http://www.9thcx.com/
    - I really enjoy this site, it goes over relevant strategy and analysis of decks in general.

How to play Weiss Schwarz:

Deck breakdown:
    - 8 Climax (CX) cards - will further elaborate later.
    - 42 Character and/or event cards
    - Each player starts out with 5 cards in hand. Mulligan any number of cards from hand. Discarded cards go into waiting room (discard).
    - First player draws

Winning Condition:
    - The player that forces their opponent to Level 4 wins the game immediately. This is either done by damage or card effects.
    - You cannot deck out in this game, you simply refresh you deck (Reshuffle your discard pile) unless you remove all cards from your deck.

Leveling Up & Damage:
    - Damage is dealt is via character cards or card effects. When dealt damage, players do what is called a damage check. For each point of damage taken they place the top card of their deck into what is know as the clock. The clock has seven slots; when the clock is full, the player Levels Up.

- Managing level is important as it allows you play higher level cards in your deck, as you can only play cards based on what your current level is. (Level 2/3s cannot not be played from hand under normal circumstances). But be careful not to level too quickly as it can become increasingly more difficult to recover and stabilize if you're too far behind.

- There are two scenarios that occur for damage calculation: it stays or it is cancelled. Damage calculation occurs when if any one of the revealed cards in the damage calculation is a climax card. Damage up until that point is then placed in discard. Any remaining damage is voided as well.

- When your deck no has cards, a player must do what is known as a deck refresh, where their discard is reshuffled back into the deck area. When this occurs the player takes one non-cancellable (meaning even if it is a climax, it is not cancellable) damage to clock.

- Players can also "inflict damage to themselves" after their draw phase by "clocking" one of their cards from hand, to draw 2 cards from deck.

[SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/2zV0ufN.jpg[/SIGPIC]

Rep
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I'll make it a point sometime this weekend to photograph my Kancolle WB Cards. I got some nice Rares last week, including a Signed Holographic card.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ❤The Eternal Struggle❤
    Current Lottery Record: 707. Did you get registration help through #HelpMeEnterprise? Donate!

Shinmai Shosa (新米少佐) hivekiller's Avatar
    Rep
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I once saw people playing(100++ people) during a comic fiesta,
    and I have no idea how to play, even I already sat for a tutorial that time.

Rep
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I should check if my box has come in. Then of course, off to yuyutei to complete the deck.

Shinmai Shosa (新米少佐) SakuyaSama7's Avatar
    Rep
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Man I've been proxy-ing decks like crazy, but right now Kancolle is not one of them.

I'll feel too dirty if I do. Shipgirls must not be proxied.

~Admiral of the Great Kongou DESS~
    Weiss Schwarz Player
    Love Live! JP Maki Devotion || Nisekoi EN Chitoge Devotion || KanColle JP Subs&Swimsuits

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Rep
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I've been streaming right now playing against @SakuyaSama7 right now!

www.twitch.tv/erofiat

Rep
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I got hella bodied.

That is all.

Weiss Schwarz Player
    Love Live! JP Maki Devotion || Nisekoi EN Chitoge Devotion || KanColle JP Subs&Swimsuits

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Shinmai Shosa (新米少佐) finaleleven's Avatar
    Rep
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I ordered 5 boxes of KC when it released, ended up pulling an SSP Yamato and an SP Haruna. I'm glad I pulled a playset of shimakaze :D

I ended up building a R/Y/G anti-everything KC deck using Hibiki/Veriny, Hatsukaze, Yubari and Chiyoda Kai-Ni. I'm currently in the process of foiling out the deck and collecting cards that I need at the moment or in the future or use as trade bait.

Rep
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    That's what kozu bodied me with.

I'm still pretty hellbent on running Y/R/G, building mainly for burn and bounce. Prepare for salt.

Weiss Schwarz Player

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Shinmai Shosa (新米少佐) finaleleven's Avatar
    Rep
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah, my level 3s consist of 3 Musashi, 3 Haruna, and one Hyuuga Kai...Though Hyuuga is just temporary until i get a 4th Haruna.