Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      Saratoga mk2 patch is here. Check out the patch thread for more information and discussion.
      Visitor messaging is temporarily disabled.
Bookmark Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Rep
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sekai Project View Post
    Hello!

Would like to clear up some misconceptions that were posted earlier about the Steam release of World End ECONOMiCA episode.01

The original fan translation was by vexedscans and they stopped working on it once Spicy Tails announced a English version. That English version was commissioned by Spicy Tails themselves and was released on 2013-06-12. Kawasoft used the English version to do a French translation which was released on 2013-07-04.

Fast forward to when we launched the Greenlight campaign for World End ECONOMiCA episode.01, Spicy Tails released a patch that resolves most of the translation issues from the original commissioned release as well as fixing game crashing bugs. This version is currently the one released on to Steam yesterday. We're in the process of porting the game to Ren'Py and doing another edit pass to finalize episode.01. Once that is all done we will be moving on to episode.02 and episode.03.

So if you still think we're being deceptive to Steam users and trying to make a quick buck on the English market you are sorely mistaken.

[+] Spoiler
    If you read this far then that means you can try claiming these 5 Steam keys below:

2ZCGC-PQ5VR-K6DG3
    G3WG5-GKLAZ-8ARYB
    XV4E5-G5IQE-H43IR
    MEZY6-D52PH-8JPGI
    MR4TH-L0KB2-ZCHYA

Thanks for the clarification! I have had this game on my wishlist for a while now. However, I began to doubt whether or not to buy the game after reading negative stories about the translations. You somewhat restored my faith in this game, and once again I am excited to play it! ^_^

My event guides: Summer 2016 / Fall 2016
    Stream is currently offline: http://www.twitch.tv/kuronia
    Hello to you!
    [+] Spoiler

Hello!

Rep
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Took the second one. I'll have a look and will most likely support the next episodes~

Rep
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Wow, didn't expect an official reply from @Sekai Project. I haven't checked out WEE yet, but I definitely want to thank you guys for officially bringing over narcissu. Thanks for the keys too!

Rep
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Has anybody read the Steam release of narcissu yet by any chance? I was wondering if it was different from the old as heck fan translation.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Shinmai Shosa (新米少佐)
    Rep
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Lex View Post
    Has anybody read the Steam release of narcissu yet by any chance? I was wondering if it was different from the old as heck fan translation.
    The current version does not have a retranslation from gp32 yet, we'll be scripting it in when he's done with it.

Rep
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Lex View Post
    the old as heck fan translation was actually 3. Which one of those?

The current version does not have a retranslation from gp32 yet, we'll be scripting it in when he's done with it.
    So only gp32 is retranslating huh?

"A hot night with me is as spicy as spicy can get"

Rep
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I've been putting off narcissu for the longest time, because I haven't been in the mood for something to make me cry, but hopefully I'm up to it in time for the retranslation!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Rep
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    All of them were taken ):

<@Saya> wat is ani3m
    <@Dargoth> don't pretend you aren't the most hardcore otaku in the channel

Rep
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hmm... on word about the translation of WEE, I was looking up the reviews and one person highlighted that there was apparently a bit of a potential alteration in translation. I decided to ask Sekai Project themselves via the Steam Community since they seem very eager to respond to any queries on Facebook and the forums on Steam, and I also referenced your examples, @Mr. Lex, I hope you don't mind.

That way if there have been changes, then cool! If not... then at least they're being highlighted, and since it's still technically Early Access, they should be open to criticism like this, and might result in a more fitting translation... haaa, I'll not hold my breath on this one just in case xD

EDIT: wow wow wow... wait, drop the ball a sec... Sekai project replied here?!
    I feel like an idiot now. and missed out on a free game. Kudos Sekai project, kudos XD
    (deleted the thread on the Steam Community, I felt it wasn't really necessary now)

-: Even a broken clock is correct twice per day :-
    http://steamcard.com/do/original/Hawkward.png

Rep
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkward View Post
    EDIT: wow wow wow... wait, drop the ball a sec... Sekai project replied here?!
    I feel like an idiot now. and missed out on a free game. Kudos Sekai project, kudos XD
    (deleted the thread on the Steam Community, I felt it wasn't really necessary now)
    Yup, people were calling the commisioned version paid for by Spicy Tails a fan translation because of the parties doing it, and because of the previously mentioned quality, which made me question a Steam release. I got a little confused there on the matter of business ethics, but I have to reserve judgement in terms of quality until I see the patch. I'll be keeping an eye out for screenshots or maybe even some comparisons if somebody actually reads both versions.

I really want to buy and support this, but if it's really working off that Spicy Tails published version, man...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]