Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Bookmark Thread
Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast
    Kaigun Taisa (海軍大佐) chuwenhsuan's Avatar
    Rep
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

[Guide]Registering for the Game

So I figured it's about time for someone to write this. In this guide, you will learn about how to register and participate in the lottery for an account in Kancolle.

PART I. Making your DMM account

Before you can play Kancolle, you need to register an account on the DMM site. Inside the spoilers are step by step instructions on how to register, with pictures included in each step.

[+] Spoiler

1. When you click on the link above, you should see this page. Fill in your email and password and click on the orange button to proceed. NOTE: USE A REGULAR EMAIL AND NOT THOSE THAT EXPIRE AFTER A PERIOD OF TIME. This is extremely important, since DMM will sometimes ask you to reset your account password through email (especially if you're logging in from different countries a.k.a. proxy servers).

2. After you fill out the form, you should see this page. An activation email has been sent to your inbox and will expire after an hour (you'll need to start from step 1 again if this happens), so visit your inbox next.

3. Next, look for an email that looks like this. If you can't find it in your inbox, it may be in your spam folder. Open the email.

4. You should see something like this. Click on that link, or copy/paste it to your URL box if your email provider/browser does not recognize the link.

5. Once you see this page, your registration has been completed and you can now login to your DMM account.

Next, you need to stalk the Kancolle Twitter for the time of the lottery (all times are in JST), or alternatively, an easier way is to pay attention to the countdown timer and thread in our forums (see pic below), which has everything translated for you to read.

PART II. Preparation

Stuff to do before you begin:
    • Connect to a Japan VPN (You can find a free VPN client here.)
    • Change your operating system time to JST (you do not need to change your BIOS time) (This is VERY, VERY important.)
    • Clear cache

How to connect to a Japan VPN (Windows OS users):

The instructions below is intended for Windows OS users since the executable (.exe) can only be run on Windows based systems. If you're using another OS (e.g. Linux/Mac/iOS/Android), you can check out how to use the L2TP protocol to connect here.

1. After you have downloaded and installed the VPN client program, double click on it and wait for it to open. You should see an interface like this. Double click on "VPN Gate Public VPN Relay Servers".

2. You should see a list of servers. Choose a VPN that is in the region "Japan" (click on the one desired), then click on the "Connect to the VPN Server" button. Wait for it to connect and you're ready to go!

3. If the VPN is very slow or refuses to connect, scroll down the list and try other Japan VPNs.

PART III. Participating in the Lottery

When you open the game's site, you will know you have entered the lottery when you see this picture above. Refresh after 5~10 minutes has passed. NEVER REFRESH EARLY. The system will lower the chances of you getting in if you refresh early, so it's probably a better idea to refresh late (usually 5.5 minutes or 6 minutes). Each time you refresh the system pits you against other people and decides if you get a slot.

If you see this picture when you visit the game's site, then you need to click on that big red button and login first. Then you'll see the cat girl picture.

When the system decides to select you, you should see a page with a list of the server names. (see picture above). There should be at least one server that is not full (the server name should be white instead of gray and the 満 kanji shouldn't be there) and will allow you to click on it. In this case, there are two servers with available slots. If they're all full and doesn't respond to you when you click on them, then...well...better luck next time. Here's a screenshot when all the servers are full (the lotteries have ended if you see this screen):

Tips:
    • Enter the lottery early. They say "the early bird gets the worm", and there has been quite a few reports on getting selected by the system even though the lottery hasn't started yet. Usually 10 minutes before the lottery's official start time is good enough.
    • Lotteries are usually held on non-holiday weekdays that does not have a scheduled update and on Saturdays. (usually no lotteries on Sundays, update days, and national holidays)
    • Start Times: On weekdays, between 16:00 to 20:00 JST. On weekends, as early as 13:00 JST.
    • If you REALLY, REALLY can not participate in the lottery, then you can seek help here or via #HelpMeEnterprise (check the daily lottery threads for more info on this).

I wish you the best of luck on the lottery!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Life is like drawing on a blank canvas but with no way to erase.

Rep
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Reserved for troubleshooting.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Rep
    Mentioned
    4361 Post(s)
    They've changed the refresh rules from 5-10 mins to 3-5 mins.

Ask people to look for 【3~5分後】in a tweet to determine what the refresh interval is.

Also from my experience, the bars aren't a very good indication of whether the servers are available or not. If the glow around the server name is green or orange and the lettering is white and not grey, the server has open slots.

Rep
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    @Leyana Thank you for your input! Post has been updated to reflect changes. :)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Shinmai Shosa (新米少佐)
    Rep
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Change your operating system time to JST (you do not need to change your BIOS time)*(This is*VERY, VERYimportant.)
    Looks like i spotted another mistake which i havent been doing while polling for lottery. If OS is set in original time zone and not JST the system wont allocate u a slot?

Rep
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kaladbolg View Post
    Looks like i spotted another mistake which i havent been doing while polling for lottery. If OS is set in original time zone and not JST the system wont allocate u a slot?
    It's more of a technical issue. You won't even see the lottery ongoing especially if you live in the opposite side of the Earth, if you don't have the timezone set.

<@Saya> wat is ani3m
    <@Dargoth> don't pretend you aren't the most hardcore otaku in the channel

Shinmai Shosa (新米少佐)
    Rep
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hmm. Im able to get into the lottery waiting screen though, maybe cuz im just -1 hour from japan. Guess ill just adjust my time tmr and hope it helps!

Rep
    Mentioned
    274 Post(s)
    *facepalm*

So that's what I've been doing wrong. I forgot about time changing.
    Heck.. Now I know. And hope my luck's hold up to help other people~

127/155! Current Project: Lucky Melon (42/69)
    Event Progress: Goodbye E4!
    "Cosplay is when chicks dress up as different characters - like a nurse, a cop, a cheerleader, your mom."

Rep
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I want ask, I'm not from Japan, then i creat dmm account without use VPN and registered not from Japan. So can my account still have chance to participate in Lottery?

Rep
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMaulana View Post
    I want ask, I'm not from Japan, then i creat dmm account without use VPN and registered not from Japan. So can my account still have chance to participate in Lottery?
    To my knowledge, the DMM account does not need to be made from the Japanese site. It can be an account from the English site.

BUT you can only log in to Kancolle from the Japanese site if you are joining the lottery, so I hope that answers your question.

HINT: You can only participate in the lottery through the Japanese site.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ❤The Eternal Struggle❤
    Current Lottery Record: 707. Did you get registration help through #HelpMeEnterprise? Donate!